What's new

Religious circumcision of kids a crime - German court

Status
Not open for further replies.
The preventive measures should not remove any part of body unless a medical neccassity. If the foreskin needs to be removed because of any infection or anything thing like that, it should be removed. But as a preventive measure, I dont see the point given that there is no imminent risk of anything.

Breast feed is another thing. Breast feeding is a choice of a women to give her milk to her baby. Definately breast feeding is better than anything else. State should not interfere if a women wants to feed her baby with her milk or milk from market.

but there is preventive measure like preventive Appendectomy and Preventive Cholecystectomy . there is no limitation on preventive measures.

by the way who old you those conditions for preventive measure .
about breastfeeding , read these and then tell me how you can justify breastfeeding as mother choice not her duty
How breastfeeding benefits you and your baby | BabyCenter
Benefits of Breastfeeding - Healthy Milk, Healthy Baby | NRDC

Buddy in UK it is no problem, I can't speak of all of Europe but in England everyone is equal the UK Gov even provide funds to Sikh and Hindu schools from Tax payers paisa.
not for religious schools and institutions.

but there is preventive measure like preventive Appendectomy and Preventive Cholecystectomy . there is no limitation on preventive measures.

about breastfeeding , read these and then tell me how you can justify breastfeeding as mother choice not her duty

Breastfeeding doesnt has to do anything with circumcision. It is a moral (or maybe religious) duty of a women to breast feed her child if she can but the state cannot force one women how she feeds her child. The state can intervene if the women is mistreating the child, keeping it hungary, or dirty, or sick etc.

The banning of circumcision based on religious grounds in Germany in one court has also to do with religious freedom. i.e. a child should have own right over his body and own decision to choose either religion. If a child grows up, and decides he doesnt wants to be a Jew or a Muslim,, then what? he would already been circumcised and that would be irreversable. i.e. something done to him on religious grounds which later he may not agree or may not have wanted to be be done to him.

All the discussion is about circumcision based on religious grounds. While trying to justify a removal of a child body part based on religious grounds with a lame preventive medical reasons does not make sense.

Majority of the circumcisions that are done, are done on religious or cultural grounds. Only a very small percentage would do this as a preventive measure.

The best way to stop the practice is to allow the child to sue the parents or doctor when he is older. Unfortunately as of now the doctors make your parents (who are assumed to be acting in your interest) sign an agreement that makes them free of liability.
somebody said that in Canada, the hospital offers(circumcision) the procedure at birth? is it true?

Lol, you can bring 'my religion' logic, and I can assure you, I will be the last person to hide behind religious practice and dogma.

About vaccination, there is a consensus already that mass vaccination leads to better health, no such consensus for mass circumcision yet. Its still done based on religion, not based on health, I am afraid.

If and when such consensus evolves, I will be lining up probably infront of the gp. :)

Circumcision lowers the chances of Sexually transmitted diseases

Not of any significant importance.

I am doing MBBS ..
And it's true

Progress.

The bodily integrity of children may not be compromised for the sake of religious/cultural beliefs.
If a person chooses to adopt a religion and follow its customs they may do so when they are adults.

Child mutilation is wrong, male or female, this is a just verdict.

Not just this but circumcision lowers the infection and so decreases the urinary tract infections ..
The secretions from Tyson's gland don't get collected and the foul smell is prevented ..

Many of the docs actually circumcise their sons penis

And not to mention Sex is safe and guy faces no pain ..
While in uncircumcised penis foreskin could fold or slip under the head of penis causing immense pain
Have you observed almost all the **** stars have a circumsized penis :P

Progress.

The bodily integrity of children may not be compromised for the sake of religious/cultural beliefs.
If a person chooses to adopt a religion and follow its customs they may do so when they are adults.

Child mutilation is wrong, male or female, this is a just verdict.

By your logic cutting hairs and nails should be also banned then because they are integrated part of child's body :lol:

How about this? Why give infants vaccines? We need to wait a few years, till the age of consent so they may choose themselves if they would like a vaccine against flesh eating diseases. It's their right to choose, after all, an infant can't make such a decision.

I won't go into religion since your own logic would fail you, when it comes to your religion.

OWNED !!! :P

agree but the point Hinduguy is making is the children's has to go through the physical pain. Giving them religious teachings, school, applying for their passport or anything does not give them any physical pain and they always have the option to convert or change their name from the passport when they grow up. But whatever happened with them physically is going to remain with them forever

There are dozens of circumcisions that take place in my hospital ..
The operation takes not more than a minute

The pain is hardly anything , the child stops crying even before he reaches his room from operation theatre
I would compare circumcision a bit more painful than injections

Breastfeeding doesnt has to do anything with circumcision. It is a moral (or maybe religious) duty of a women to breast feed her child if she can but the state cannot force one women how she feeds her child. The state can intervene if the women is mistreating the child, keeping it hungary, or dirty, or sick etc.

The banning of circumcision based on religious grounds in Germany in one court has also to do with religious freedom. i.e. a child should have own right over his body and own decision to choose either religion. If a child grows up, and decides he doesnt wants to be a Jew or a Muslim,, then what? he would already been circumcised and that would be irreversable. i.e. something done to him on religious grounds which later he may not agree or may not have wanted to be be done to him.

All the discussion is about circumcision based on religious grounds. While trying to justify a removal of a child body part based on religious grounds with a lame preventive medical reasons does not make sense.

Majority of the circumcisions that are done, are done on religious or cultural grounds. Only a very small percentage would do this as a preventive measure.

again going on page one . circumcision at old age don't even have half the benefit of circumcising at younger age and its far more complicated . also why removing parts? very simple as I said because of the same reason you cut the umbilical cord.

about breast feeding its not moral or religion duty its a complete medical duty .

again going on page one . circumcision at old age don't even have half the benefit of circumcising at younger age and its far more complicated . also why removing parts? very simple as I said because of the same reason you cut the umbilical cord.

about breast feeding its not moral or religion duty its a complete medical duty .

Cost/Benefit ratio does not favour circumscision..... :)

Scientific community have mixed opinion on this issue until some concrete evidence comes up for or against.....

Not just this but circumcision lowers the infection and so decreases the urinary tract infections ..
The secretions from Tyson's gland don't get collected and the foul smell is prevented ..

Many of the docs actually circumcise their sons penis

And not to mention Sex is safe and guy faces no pain ..
While in uncircumcised penis foreskin could fold or slip under the head of penis causing immense pain
Have you observed almost all the **** stars have a circumsized penis :P

Circumcised penises also run the risk of getting caught in tongue rings .. Its more horrifying than painful.. im going to go ahead and say that is what I have heard.

Breast feeding doesnt has to do anything like cutting a body part. so that is irrelevent here.

I said already, most people dont do it for medical reasons, they do it for religious reasons. And some may try it to justify this thing done on religious grounds with any tiny health benefit. BTW, there is no health benifit in circumcision that cannot be achieved without circumcision. Please prove any such benifit which cannot achived without cutting that piece of skin.

I said already, most people dont do it for medical reasons, they do it for religious reasons. And some may try it to justify this thing done on religious grounds with any tiny health benefit. BTW, there is no health benifit in circumcision that cannot be achieved without circumcision. Please prove any such benifit which cannot achived without cutting that piece of skin.

Firstly .. Someone already listed a bunch of health benefits that "could" be attributed to circumcision. Im just gonna say I havent faced any problems due to a circumcised penis.. only had good things happen to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom