What's new

Rebuilding Pakistan Navy Aviation.

From 2010 to 2019 I would give PN a squadron or two of F-16s to make direct use of Link-16/11 and usage of Harpoon Block-II. After 2019 I would invest in a naval version of a light 5th generation fighter with VSTOL for use on LPD/LHDs. For the term I would use a special JF-17 variant until the 5th gen. fighter is ready...create short island strips on the Arabian Sea to deploy the VSTOL fighter. After 2030 employ the VSTOL fighter on a locally built LPH similar to the Korean Dokdo class...use it in a semi aircraft carrier/amphibious assault pattern.

In such a pattern one doesn't need an aircraft carrier, and the LPD can be converted into an semi-carrier whenever needed - otherwise the fighters would be on land.

I have stated it before on here that we could use the j-7h like 2 SQ if that backed up by 2 SQ of fighters but others did not agree oh well just my thoughts cheers to Ulla !! :victory:

With all due respect, i have to disagree with you on this.. 2sq of J-7 will be just flying drones for IN surface fleet and aviation. why would the air force wana waist $20 million plane on a less then $10 million piece of :woot:?
With the geo statically environment changing... India is pursing for american equipment i believe we can move forward with this opportunity of negotiating with the ruskiz for a Sq of Su-34 for our Naval needs.. and that backed by a PN sq of JF-17 and while a sq of PAF F-16 aggressor provides full time air support to PN Fixed wing fleet!
That way before 2019 Masroor airbase is equipped with some serious deadly pact!

With all due respect, i have to disagree with you on this.. 2sq of J-7 will be just flying drones for IN surface fleet and aviation. why would the air force wana waist $20 million plane on a less then $10 million piece of :woot:?
With the geo statically environment changing... India is pursing for american equipment i believe we can move forward with this opportunity of negotiating with the ruskiz for a Sq of Su-34 for our Naval needs.. and that backed by a PN sq of JF-17 and while a sq of PAF F-16 aggressor provides full time air support to PN Fixed wing fleet!
That way before 2019 Masroor airbase is equipped with some serious deadly pact!

yes why not a F-16 ! it has also good Anti-Ship-capebilletys...but it should work with the Jh-7 because this Jet was made for this task !:china::pakistan:

yes why not a F-16 ! it has also good Anti-Ship-capebilletys...but it should work with the Jh-7 because this Jet was made for this task !:china::pakistan:

Dude! Mirage V, Mirage-F1, JH-7, jaguar, and Harrier are in the same of same old class, these planes are useless in naval warfare environment.
Even Our JF-17 is a way ahead of JH-7 in this matter.

What is IN Avaiation?

Some recked BAE Harriers i think only half a dozen are operational since they crashed 16.

MIG-29K, come on.... Its not a Super Jet by any means!

What is IN Avaiation?

I'm only going to list the combat aircrafts dedicated for maritime roles.

17 Harriers (13 FRS 51 + 4 T 60 trainers) upgraded with the Elta EL/M-2032 radar and the Rafael Derby BVRAAM missiles. The Harriers are armed with the Matra Magic-II AAM and the Sea Eagle Anti-ship missiles.

16 Mig-29K (12 fighters + 4 trainers); yet to be inducted.

Also, there is the No. 6 squadron of the IAF, based in Pune, dedicated for maritime attack roles. Strength: 10 Jaguar IM.

Half of Sea Harrier fleet gone in 20 years​

16 crashes doesn't seem like a big number in 20 years, consider this: these crashes have wiped out half of the Indian Navy's Sea Harrier fleet of 30 aircraft. Seven pilots, among the most elite flyers at the Navy have lost their lives in these crashes. And, every crash has happened during fairly routine sorties, as the Harrier has never seen battle since being inducted in 1983.

International Institute for Strategic StudiesHalf of Sea Harrier fleet gone in 20 years

So India had 30 Harriers in Total and confirmed 16 crashes so they are left with 14 Only!.... Remains to be seen how operational they are?

As per my Info: 10 are the FRS 51 and 4 Trainers!

Russia to deliver first four MiG 29K by September

May 20 (IANS) The first four ship-borne Russian-made MiG 29 K/KUB fighter jets, purchased by India for the aircraft carrier Admiral Gorshkov, will be delivered to the Indian Navy in September, a navy official said Tuesday. “The first four of the 16 MiG 29 K/KUB will arrive in the country in September and the pilot training has been completed for these aircraft,” the official said.

The 45,000-tonne Kiev class aircraft carrier is being refurbished at the Sevmash shipyard in Russia, and the work is expected to be completed by 2010. The carrier will be delivered to the Indian Navy only by 2012. Till then, the jets will be based on shore.

Russia will supply the Indian Navy with 16 carrier-based MiG-29K/KUB aircraft (12 single-seat K models and 4 dual-seat KUB models)

» Russia to deliver first four MiG 29K by September - Thaindian News

I would say and defend that the IN Aviation is nothing at this moment!

Currently IN aviation is upgrading and Indian Air force southwestern air command will very soon place its MKI fleet, and multiple MRCA sqds. and its most likely that IN will place at least 2sqd of Super hornets, with 2-3 aircraft carriers!

What you are talking about is 2015 - 2025.

It is not that the items are bought from Shelves!

Takes time to execute Orders and get an operational Status for all the Planes.

Futhermore, I cannot understand what people think about MKI Usage.... IAF will use MKI ...IN will use MKI then people will come up and say hey....you heard the news....

Indian Army is also using MKI instead of Gunships.

MKI MKI .... Come on people!.... Even with the induction of 40 MKIs in coming 4 Years as planned and ordered which is yet to be confirmed thou.... 40 MKIs + 40 to come. 80 MKIs will be used for What?...... Every possible role?..... Strike ... Air Defense .... Maritime Roles ...

Ironical!

What you are talking about is 2015 - 2025.

It is not that the items are bought from Shelves!

Takes time to exceute Orders and get an operational Status for all the Planes.

Futhermore, I cannot understand what people think about MKI Usage.... IAF will use MKI ...IN will use MKI then people will come up and say hey....you heard the news....

Indian Army is also using MKI instead of Gunships.

MKI MKI .... Come on people!

barrah tu appnay app ko kuch samagtha haan?

YOU just saw the word MKI and indian NAVY together in the same post and now you are assuming that i am saying IN will accquire MKIs? you take your time understanding the post before you reply to anything!

berrey thinking haan teri..
"Takes time to exceute Orders and get an operational Status for all the Planes."

Back
Top Bottom