What's new

Really pleased with Meezan Bank

somebozo

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I have always banked at HBL because there where my entire family keeps their accounts and a lot of family members work as well. So experiences with HBL is what formed my entire evaluation about Pakistani banks..then I heard a few good recommendations about Meezan bank and the branch was right next to me in the neighborhood. So I decidied to give it a try by opening dollar saving account.

It took only $100 USD initial deposit and two working days to activate the account and issue the cheque book. I applied on Wednesday, signed a few forms, finger printed, KYC interview and today received my cheque book. So far so good...thinking to move my PKR checking account to Meezan as well..

Nice. Normally you would get better service at a small bank. Unless you have a sizable deposit, the big banks won't give you a very good service.

Bhai NBP sa wasta na pary... 3-4 months to cheque book ma gai....

Bhai NBP sa wasta na pary... 3-4 months to cheque book ma gai....

What do you expect from govt owned bank..
My grandma uses NBP to collect her pension and I am well aware of the drama!

Also try Bank al-habib, I think its service is great.

Yes they are...as we have a family member with an account at BAHL.
HBL was the worst mistake to open an account with but now they have my years of remittance history so I cannot afford to close the account.

Guys is online banking a big thing in Pakistan?

I have always banked at HBL because there where my entire family keeps their accounts and a lot of family members work as well. So experiences with HBL is what formed my entire evaluation about Pakistani banks..then I heard a few good recommendations about Meezan bank and the branch was right next to me in the neighborhood. So I decidied to give it a try by opening dollar saving account.

It took only $100 USD initial deposit and two working days to activate the account and issue the cheque book. I applied on Wednesday, signed a few forms, finger printed, KYC interview and today received my cheque book. So far so good...thinking to move my PKR checking account to Meezan as well..

Small banks offer really good service. You can try summit bank too. There services are rally good too.

Never heard about this bank. Is it a new bank?

U must be an expat? Meezan is pretty old..
Sir, I visited Pakistan in July-Aug 2017 but didn't see it.. But I mean I wasn't looking for it but whenever I need to withdraw some cash from ATM I used standard chartered and there were one or two more banks.
It may be only in certain cities.

Sir, I visited Pakistan in July-Aug 2017 but didn't see it.. But I mean I wasn't looking for it but whenever I need to withdraw some cash from ATM I used standard chartered and there were one or two more banks.
It may be only in certain cities.
Heard of Summit? Faisal ? Al Falah etc?

Guys is online banking a big thing in Pakistan?

Well there is nothing is sharia against online banking!
Cheque are soo 1400 years old...but i am waiting to hear a fatwa that cheques are sunnah!

Heard of Summit? Faisal ? Al Falah etc?
Al Falah Yes.... Others I don't but I guess the biggest is HBL.

Al Falah's ATM accepted my credit cards. By the way, my Visa credit card worked on ATMs in Pakistan but MasterCard did not.

Back
Top Bottom