What's new

Re-Naming Akbar Road as Maharana Pratap Singh Road Is About Politics and Hindutva

I am fine with the names of zealots like Aurangzeb being deleted from roads and cities. The rest is all pandering to local votebanks - Shiv Sena / BJP renamed Bombay as Mumbai but Aurangabad remains unrenamed. Why? It is absurd as Bombay is predominantly a British city - from the roundabouts at Kings Circle to the gargoyles at the BMC office to the architecture of Ballard Estate - the whole vibe is European. Still, a predominantly European city is renamed to pander to a votebank.
I agree with you, totally,Baby steps my friend.
Mumbai was the Original name named after Mumbra Devi,The Protector of Fishermen.
Before the British came and Decided that Mumbai be renamed as BomBay as the British couldn't or care to pronounce in their subjects language. That image of your Colonial Masters is Acceptable to you, but not how the Original Inhabitants call their city as .. MUMBAI? Sounds atrocious to you Convent Educated English Sepoy Isn't it???
Yeah well, all those Gargoyles and roundabouts will remain the same until we decide so whether to keep them or erase them to make space for the city Infrastructure.In this regard all Maharashtra Parties will unite as they are proud of Shivaji Maharaj(The Saviour of Hindus)
Err..
There are many victorian Buildings and Heritages in your "BOMBAY" Pay to protect them or else the State will reclaim them as Unessecary expenditure!

Aurangabad time will come and it will change the name too..., Why are you crying about it? ;)

This is utterly stupid, Instead of Renaming akbar road to Maha Rana Pratap, Build 20 more Highways and name all of them Maha rana pratap or which ever History figure Congress neglected.

The renaming business is utterly useless, when the focus should be on good governance and development. Gen V.K Singh should have instead taken up the recovery vehicle and Tatra Vectra up which would have helped restructuring the MoD Corruption.
Why ......?
TELL ME A REASON WHY?....?
Don't go Good Governance on BJP please,What did you expect BJP to be ALL SAINTS ,Forgive and Forget ?That doesn't happen unless one becomes a Asetic/Sanyasi.
Tell me a reason why shouldn't we rename roads which had Invaders names? ANY REASONS?
Gen.V.k.Singh didn't mention a lot about it, the Media did a spin and you believe it. Nice!! ;)

He generally is.
According to the ICSE???
or
CBSE books?

Mumbai was the Original name named after Mumbra Devi,The Protector of Fishermen.
Before the British came and Decided that Mumbai be renamed as BomBay as the British couldn't or care to pronounce in their subjects language. That image of your Colonial Masters is Acceptable to you, but not how the Original Inhabitants call their city as .. MUMBAI? Sounds atrocious to you Convent Educated English Sepoy Isn't it???

Well just to let you know, the Portuguese named it Bombay. Bom in Portuguese means 'good', hence it was called the Good Bay.
And it's Mumba Devi, Mumbra is a suburb in Thane.

Akbar had 5,000 $ex $laves in his H@rem. A concept which was foreign to India before the Islamic inva$ion. This is proudly mentioned in the Ain-i-Akbari, his court records.

Isn't Hinduism's temple prostitution a form of institutionalized slavery? Along with numerous other ritual practices, including Sati (burning widows ), historically Hindus had been, by far, the worst offenders of women's rights.

Well just to let you know, the Portuguese named it Bombay. Bom in Portuguese means 'good', hence it was called the Good Bay.
And it's Mumba Devi, Mumbra is a suburb in Thane.
Are you supporting Mumba or Mumbra? Which happens to be the same as Gram Devatha,along with Shakti?
Because You are trying to make Portugese look good and their atrocities shoved under carpet by supporting their Good Bay theory, Just like the Cape of Good Hope of Africa, where Ships routinely disappeared due to the bad Weather there?

Are you supporting Mumba or Mumbra? Which happens to be the same as Gram Devatha,along with Shakti?
Because You are trying to make Portugese look good and their atrocities shoved under carpet by supporting their Good Bay theory, Just like the Cape of Good Hope of Africa, where Ships routinely disappeared due to the bad Weather there?
Just saying the city is named after Mumba Devi. Aai in Marathi means mother. Hence Mumba aai to Mumbai. Read my comment again, it says 'just to let you know...' Portuguese named it Bombay not British, that's it..there is nothing between the lines!!! So don't get me into your useless arguments.

Why ......?
TELL ME A REASON WHY?....?
Don't go Good Governance on BJP please,What did you expect BJP to be ALL SAINTS ,Forgive and Forget ?That doesn't happen unless one becomes a Asetic/Sanyasi.
Tell me a reason why shouldn't we rename roads which had Invaders names? ANY REASONS?
Gen.V.k.Singh didn't mention a lot about it, the Media did a spin and you believe it. Nice!! ;)
?
Instead use the efforts to put all the corrupt in Jail, Build 500 new roads and name them whatever you want, and why just Akbar road, change the names of race course road to Shivaji road, change sanjay gandhi park to Sachin tendulkar, and eden gardens to Ganguly stadium, why just Akbar road? Why such questions are not raised for dalhousie?

I have no problems renaming in streets, but there are far better things to do at this moment, A.raja is out on Bail, Lalu spent a total of 2.5months in jail and was granted bail, Chindambaram and son, maran brothers, Rahul gandhi, Sonia Gandhi, Ahmed Patel, Oscar Fernandez, Karunaniddhi family, Jayalalitha, Mulayam singh Yada, and son, All of these belong in Jail, instead the big deal for you is to change the name of a road.

And yes, Gen VK Singh taking up Tatra Vectra scam and Recovery Vehicle scam is of much more importance to me than a freakin road. It happened under his tenure when he was the chief, and he flagged it then, today he is part of the establishment and should do everything to put the culprits in a frying pan.

Last edited:
what use of renaming a road, when our history books teach about mighty of moghuls and has no/rare references to maharana pratap, raja raja chola, Krishnadevaraya, shivaji etc.... I bet most of us have read much about moghul kingdoms than vijayanagara, ahom, chola, gajapati empires in our school days..

what use of renaming a road, when our history books teach about mighty of moghuls and has no/rare references to maharana pratap, raja raja chola, Krishnadevaraya, shivaji etc.... I bet most of us have read much about moghul kingdoms than vijayanagara, ahom, chola, gajapati empires in our school days..
dude I grew up in Maharashtra, I think half of the history text book in one of the secondary years is just Shivaji, and then maratha empire. I agree in essence about other kings, but Shivaji maharaj in Maharashtra board at-least has huge huge prominence.

dude I grew up in Maharashtra, I think half of the history text book in one of the secondary years is just Shivaji, and then maratha empire. I agree in essence about other kings, but Shivaji maharaj in Maharashtra board at-least has huge huge prominence.

good for you guys. I was educated in hyderabad and most of the history books contained info reggarding mughals and there predecessors who had very little to do with south and a little history was though on other kingdoms and empires..

Isn't Hinduism's temple prostitution a form of institutionalized slavery? Along with numerous other ritual practices, including Sati (burning widows ), historically Hindus had been, by far, the worst offenders of women's rights.

I would have replied if an India or a Hindu had asked me that question, but since you are neither, piss off.

Instead use the efforts to put all the corrupt in Jail, Build 500 new roads and name them whatever you want, and why just Akbar road, change the names of race course road to Shivaji road, change sanjay gandhi park to Sachin tendulkar, and eden gardens to Ganguly stadium, why just Akbar road? Why such questions are not raised for dalhousie?

I have no problems renaming in streets, but there are far better things to do at this moment, A.raja is out on Bail, Lalu spent a total of 2.5months in jail and was granted bail, Chindambaram and son, maran brothers, Rahul gandhi, Sonia Gandhi, Ahmed Patel, Oscar Fernandez, Karunaniddhi family, Jayalalitha, Mulayam singh Yada, and son, All of these belong in Jail, instead the big deal for you is to change the name of a road.

And yes, Gen VK Singh taking up Tatra Vectra scam and Recovery Vehicle scam is of much more importance to me than a freakin road. It happened under his tenure when he was the chief, and he flagged it then, today he is part of the establishment and should do everything to put the culprits in a frying pan.

Because akbar road lies in the heart of Delhi an the heart of Delhi should be pure and not glorify a scum like akbar.

Why the hell should one name road after some man/men who made tons of money by learning how to hit a ball with a wooden stick ? That is just stupid.

You have far better things to do that come to pdf and make foolish posts, but since you do not follow your own advice what moral authority do you have to preach to others ? Why these double standards ?

There is poverty out there, lack of drinking water, illiteracy, lack of sanitation , lack of healthcare and instead of helping for all that you are here debating the name of a road. Why ?

The Home ministry is not responsible for naming roads so how is naming all the criminals even relevant to the debate ?

Gen. V K Singh is a chief of army staff and knows the importance of MORAL on the psyche of the nation. He is doing the right thing by raising an issue that plays a important part of defining our sense of worth and history. A Main road in the heart of Delhi needs to showcase the heart of India, and that is certainly not a Slave making, debased illiterate murderer.

I would have replied if an India or a Hindu had asked me that question, but since you are neither, piss off.

Looks like I touched a raw something.. :lol: Or maybe just being wise and avoiding defending the indefensible! Either way, continue talking to Hindus only - happy circle-jerk! :tup:

pakistan will follow suit...ganga raam hospital,nankana sahab...and many more.

No need to change any name in Pakistan. Let them do anything they want to became hardcore hindutva and feel happy :D

Looks like I touched a raw something.. :lol: Or maybe just being wise and avoiding defending the indefensible! Either way, continue talking to Hindus only - happy circle-jerk! :tup:

LOL....I just don't like holding my nose for too long.

Back
Top Bottom