What's new

Re-Equipment Ceremony of No. 26 Squadron of Pakistan Air Force

What nonsense this is. Realy stupid journalist had no idea what he reported. 26th sq is flying JFT for more than one year. It should be 16th sq.

I thought the same ... ... BUT ... ... the article is saying Islamabad! I6 Squadron would be Peshawar? ... ... Correct me if I am mistaken.

4-11-2011_14004_l.jpg

Awsome news mashallah congrats to the Black spider sq and to PAF :)

Recent unofficial report says, New JFTs were seen over Peshawar and they landed at Peshawar Air Base. The pictures from the civilians suggests they were around four of them.

PAF No. 26 Squadron "Black Spiders" re-equipment with JF-17 Thunder combat aircraft ceremony attended by PAF Chief of Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman on April 11, 2011.

025743d6331b67f40b130a524352e629.jpg

Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman, Chief of the Air Staff, Pakistan Air Force presenting the squadron color to squadron commander during Re-Equipment ceremony of No. 26 Squadron of Pakistan Air Force.

7ea1b07c391e0fefc288d004d4f4880a.jpg

Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman, Chief of the Air Staff, Pakistan Air Force receiving general salute during Re-Equipment ceremony of No. 26 Squadron of Pakistan Air Force.

a8080d5f97131bb75a1f61acc9aa1115.jpg

Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman, Chief of the Air Staff, Pakistan Air Force along with the Ex-Squadron Commanders during Re-Equipment Ceremony of No. 26 Squadron of Pakistan Air Force.

What is the pyrpose of posting a picture made invisible by a huge water mark.

PAF re-equips No 26 Squadron with JF-17 thunder aircraft

* Air chief says induction of aircrafts has revolutionised PAF’s operational concepts

Staff Report

ISLAMABAD: The re-equipment ceremony of No 26 Squadron of the Pakistan Air Force was held at a PAF base on Monday.

The No 26 Squadron, one of the prime squadrons of the PAF, previously equipped with an A-5 III aircraft, has now been re-equipped with the indigenously produced JF-17 Thunder aircraft. Chief of the Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman, was the chief guest at the occasion. A re-equipment ceremony parade was also held on the occasion, in which the squadron colour was presented to the squadron commander.

Speaking at the ceremony, the air chief said, “Today as we re-equip No 26 squadron, we have also raised No 16 Squadron with the JF-17 Thunder aircraft. I would like to mention and appreciate the contribution and support of the Chinese in helping us acquire a technological breakthrough in the shape of this aircraft.” “Induction of the JF-17 Thunders have revolutionised PAF’s operational concepts. Our main focus has been on capability-based development rather than the traditional threat based growth. Our efforts have been to enhance and sustain our capabilities to cover all spectrums of air warfare, including military operations other than war. Remember, we have a mission to maintain peace with honour in this volatile region and in these uncertain times,” he added.

“Today, Pakistan is at war, we know our responsibilities and will continue to make major contributions in our national effort. It is PAF’s commitment to the nation that despite all odds, our resolve shall remain unshakable and we shall defend the country against any aggression, be it internal or external,” Suleman said. Later, a formation of A-5 III and JF-17 aircrafts also presented a fly-past.

can some1 please tell me where the 26 sqd is stationed.????????????????/ i m hoping peshawar..

^^^ Yes they are stationed at Pekhawar and it's been over two weeks now.

It can now be confirmed that the following image is PS, since the same aircraft appears in the above ceremony.

PAFsNo26SquadronBlackSpiders.jpg

In this pic ..there is very little space b/w ground and the weapons...The weapons can touch the ground on landing...I guess they should at least increase the distance more by at least one ft...to be on safe side...cuz it looks dangerous to me right now...:woot:
I dont know ..but what the designers are thinking about it...???:undecided:

In this pic ..there is very little space b/w ground and the weapons...The weapons can touch the ground on landing...I guess they should at least increase the distance more by at least one ft...to be on safe side...cuz it looks dangerous to me right now...:woot:
I dont know ..but what the designers are thinking about it...???:undecided:
Those are actually drop tanks which are always quite large in size to accommodate extra fuel. The weapons are usually smaller and well out of harms way.

twinrackbombsjf172ll.jpg

Is this sq new or was it there from past or is it created only for jf 17

Back
Top Bottom