What's new

Rape Prevention

by mentaity never moral judge anyone !
Well i was trying to make a point to Azaad bhai that media in Pakistan is doing the same things he accused bollywood of

I personally have no issues with fashion shows and show of skin cuz Pakistan is a textile exporting country and gora wohe kharaday ga jo wo pehanta it will help us in gaining a bigger market in Europe and America

Please read and give constructive feedback,

Seen in an Indo Pak context some old methods of crime control still work. These have been wilfully diluted over time.

Village Chowkidars / beat constables ( in towns & cities) were the 1st link in the information & crime prevention chain. They provided the vital first clue in what goes on where & by whom in their respective areas of jurisdiction.

Next came the Police Post / Chowki where such information passed on through the 1st link was collated and acted upon.

Higher, was the SHO

The above three were collectively responsible for law & order in their area. Should anything go wrong they were hauled over coals . This made them proactive in crime prevention .

This has faded away , the reasons are any in number but the first accountability must be fixed on these and the SP up the line must also sing for his supper.

Alongside, social solutions too must be found.

Unless the punishment for those who perpetrate such crimes against women and for those whose laxity helps such crimes to happen is made severe things will slide from bad to worse.

Sure, there will be cases where an odd innocent gets the rap but then women who face the crime too are innocent & suffer for no fault of theirs.

The simplest thing is to blame it on movies, cell phones , dresses etc. The bottom line is that families are not controlling their sons and condone their misdeeds - something that never happened in the past. The stigma a bad son caused to his family stayed for generation.

Unless the punishment for those who perpetrate such crimes against women and for those whose laxity helps such crimes to happen is made severe things will slide from bad to worse.
I 100% agree with you only harass punishment can prevent crimes because you see man is social animal it's behavior makes it to live with society,if a animal is not behaving well only punishment can tame him,..

Seen in an Indo Pak context some old methods of crime control still work. These have been wilfully diluted over time.

Village Chowkidars / beat constables ( in towns & cities) were the 1st link in the information & crime prevention chain. They provided the vital first clue in what goes on where & by whom in their respective areas of jurisdiction.

Next came the Police Post / Chowki where such information passed on through the 1st link was collated and acted upon.

Higher, was the SHO

The above three were collectively responsible for law & order in their area. Should anything go wrong they were hauled over coals . This made them proactive in crime prevention .

This has faded away , the reasons are any in number but the first accountability must be fixed on these and the SP up the line must also sing for his supper.

Alongside, social solutions too must be found.

Sure, there will be cases where an odd innocent gets the rap but then women who face the crime too are innocent & suffer for no fault of theirs.

The simplest thing is to blame it on movies, cell phones , dresses etc. The bottom line is that families are not controlling their sons and condone their misdeeds - something that never happened in the past. The stigma a bad son caused to his family stayed for generation.
Look the laws are there but enforcement is not up to the mark because police are not properly trained to handle rape cases and in many cases a fat mouth lawyer can save your behind from getting woped in a rape case

Gendered violence is a learned behavior upheld and reinforced by a broader social context (our family, community, a country’s cultural expectations and popular culture).

Social censure (that is, public repudiation of violent behaviours and/or perpetrators) is among the most effective means of preventing violence .

We need an educational shift which would teach boys and girls about mutual respect and boundaries, as well as the concept of affirmative/enthusiastic consent, where “yes means yes” would replace “no means no”.

A community-wide effort to shun and censure men who perpetrate, brag about or support violence against women.

There are two types of rapists:
opportunistic rapists, who are mostly sex-seeking rapists who takes advantage of a lack of clear consent via coercion or by virtue of their victims having borderline or overtly impaired states of consciousness;
and
sadistic rapists, for them rape is a deliberate weapon which is central to the act, for whom the lack of a woman’s pleasure isn’t a bug, but a feature.

It is opportunistic rapists at whom ideas about enthusiastic consent are directed. Sadist rapists belong to another catagory where cure is more of a psychological approach on individual basis and cant be described here.

A majority of rape happens from men who are not able to control their need for sex.

To educate we need to be explicit and insist on the fact that all men are capable to control their desire for sex.

And thanks to @Gufi to opening this thread as promised.

RAPE is not the real issue as the article correctly identifies.
The issue is how women 're objectified.
It is interesting to note that the countries where number of rapes 're high 're also the countries which rank high on domestic violence, sexual trafficking forced marriages, honor killings, female infanticide and acid attacks, there is a correlation between all these.
Assuming that strict laws would bring down the numbers would be wrong, as in such cases the chances of victim getting killed in an attempt to destroy any proof is very high.
I think more than the individual level we have to work at the societal level to bring down any violation of victims (male/female). Unfortunately ppl think rape is an inherent possibility and it can be be prevented only by circumscribing women's lives.
There's something terribly wrong in our society when we show men as heroic images in which they risk death, brave pain and never suffer violence to be done to them without attempting to pay it back in kind. And ideal women 're those who have good submissive character. This is what should change in our society.

@levina a mature outlook please on your thoughts
I don't have anything more to contribute.
Rgds

Last edited:
Look the laws are there but enforcement is not up to the mark because police are not properly trained to handle rape cases and in many cases a fat mouth lawyer can save your behind from getting woped in a rape case

Thats just the point I am making.

The 1st link is the Police, they have to made both responsible & accountable for( a) Crime prevention - the SP & SHO must be made an example of when things go wrong ... and (b) Preparing case diaries and producing evidence so that convictions & not acquittals take place.

Slippage in any of the two above must show upon the career of the police officials involved.

Thats just the point I am making.

The 1st link is the Police, they have to made both responsible & accountable for( a) Crime prevention - the SP & SHO must be made an example of when things go wrong ... and (b) Preparing case diaries and producing evidence so that convictions & not acquittals take place.

Slippage in any of the two above must show upon the career of the police officials involved.
Agree

But there is also another problem that we don,t even want to talk about that is non reporting of rape and societal shaming of rape victams by immediate family

Indians and Pakistanis need Juttas, Chittars , Littars & dandas. - this applies to the citizenry & law agencies equally.

Remove fear and we become worse than animals.

We do not need english, power point presentations & social engineering to make us walk the straight & narrow path.

Indians and Pakistanis need Juttas, Chittars , Littars & dandas. - this applies to the citizenry & law agencies equally.

Remove fear and we become worse than animals.

We do not need english, power point presentations & social engineering to make us walk the straight & narrow path.
Also the biggest taboo is incest rape which rarely gets reported women need to stand up for themselves and gov should facilitate those women for speedier trials and pay their judicial bills

RAPE is not the real issue as the article correctly identifies.
The issue is how women 're objectified.
It is interesting to note that the countries where number of rapes 're high 're also the countries which rank high on domestic violence, sexual trafficking forced marriages, honor killings, female infanticide and acid attacks, there is a correlation between all these.
Assuming that strict laws would bring down the numbers would be wrong, as in such cases the chances of victim getting killed in an attempt to destroy any proof is very high.
I think more than the individual level we have to work at the societal level to bring down any violation of women. Unfortunately ppl think rape is an inherent possibility and it can be be prevented only by circumscribing women's lives.
There's something terribly wrong in our society when we show men as heroic images in which they risk death, brave pain and never suffer violence to be done to them without attempting to pay it back in kind. And ideal women 're those who have good submissive character. This is what should change in our society.

I don't have anything more to contribute.
Rgds

Mostly agree with you, it is larger problem to attend and rape is the highest form of such violence. But, there still a higher percentage of rape crime in developed countries where genter quality is higher. There should be a system where the feeling or 'fear' of law takes over the opportunist's instincts.

I think more than the individual level we have to work at the societal level to bring down any violation of women.

I agree with your post, however, I would request if you could edit the underlined and reword it with "victim". This crime is not limited to women only, its victims also include young children (male / female both). Thanks.

Mostly agree with you, it is larger problem to attend and rape is the highest form of such violence. But, there still a higher percentage of rape crime in developed countries where genter quality is higher. There should be a system where the feeling or 'fear' of law takes over the opportunist's instincts.
There should be harsh laws, but as I said it also increases the chances of victim getting killed in an attempt to destroy proof.
What matters is the law enforcement.
Gender equality is a myth, or else Patricia Arquette would not have asked for equality in wages (thats the least she could've protested about) after she won an Oscar.

I agree with your post, however, I would request if you could edit the underlined and reword it with "victim". This crime is not limited to women only, its victims also include young children (male / female both). Thanks.
I agree, children 're always more at risk and most of the cases go unreported.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom