What's new

Rangers report on human rights violations in Karachi declared fake by Senate body

jha

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
The Senate’s Functional Committee on Human Rights on Tuesday rejected a report submitted by Sindh Rangers regarding the human rights violations in Karachi Operation, declaring it “fake and phony”.

In the report, prepared by a relatively unknown human rights organisation called “Human Rights Commission on South Asia”, Sindh Rangers were given a clean chit.

Sindh Rangers, while referring to the report, claimed that no human rights violations were done by the paramilitary force during ongoing Karachi Operation.

“I have tried to find out the whereabouts of the said organisation, however, it has no office in Pakistan,” Senator Farhatullah Babar said during the senate panel meeting.

Sindh Rangers has obtained a false report by a dubious NGO in a bid to convince the parliamentary body that “it [Rangers] is not involved in human rights violations while conducting operation in Karachi”, asserted Babar.

Babar said that the name of renowned Pakistani journalist Rahimullah Yousafzai was mentioned on the organisation’s website, however, “he [Yousafzai] denied having any links with the said human rights body”.

“The website is being run by a person from Hong Kong, while the only contact number mentioned on the website is of London,” Babar said, adding that the organisation has no physical presence in Pakistan.

The PPP senator further alleged that Sindh Rangers has tried to dodge the committee. “This move by Sindh Rangers has not only damaged its own credibility but also of Pakistan Army,” he maintained.

The members of the Senate committee called for holding an inquiry into the matter of “submission of a false report by Sindh Rangers”.
The lawmakers also demanded that report regarding human rights violations should be summoned from a credible organisation.

Chairperson of the human rights committee Senator Nasreen Jalil, while terming it a crucial matter, said that she will initiate appropriate action in this regard.

www.dawn.com/news/1277943/rangers-report-on-human-rights-violations-in-karachi-declared-fake-by-senate-body

Here vultures strikes again.....
Sindh Rangers doing fine but giving Butt-Hurt to political parties so that they are making such loose statements and yep again Indian vultures are here to feast on it....

If they are doing fine, then why prepare a false report from a dubious NGO?
False report and Indian claims....waoooo
As i said vultures never misses a chance.....
As i said Rangers are giving a tough time to MQM (RAW ally and PPP the most corrupt) a tough time so they can ridicule any report...carry one u r trolling my Indian Vulture...

False report and Indian claims....waoooo
As i said vultures never misses a chance.....
As i said Rangers are giving a tough time to MQM (RAW ally and PPP the most corrupt) a tough time so they can ridicule any report...carry one u r trolling my Indian Vulture...

Can you provide details for the NGO who made this report? The article says that it doesn't have an office in Pakistan. And one Pakistani reporter mentioned denied having any links to any such organization.

PPP at it again and if there are any human right abuses being committed by Rangers than R.S should launch an investigation and punish those who're involved in such activities @The Eagle need your comments on this
@django @Zibago @Moonlight @PaklovesTurkiye
Yes they should but we camt uae it as a co er to stop rangers operation compare before amd after stats of crime in Karachi you will see a difference

Yes they should but we camt uae it as a co er to stop rangers operation compare before amd after stats of crime in Karachi you will see a difference
Of course it shouldn't it is the only way to achieve peace in Karachi that's why some "people" and their masters aren't happy about operation and wants to malign the image of rangers as best they can.

Can you provide details for the NGO who made this report? The article says that it doesn't have an office in Pakistan. And one Pakistani reporter mentioned denied having any links to any such organization.

Lets take it that way.
Why would you want to believe such a report anyway?
I can make a report on the most luxurious delhi district, and you expect people to believe that?

Lets take it that way.
Why would you want to believe such a report anyway?
I can make a report on the most luxurious delhi district, and you expect people to believe that?

I thought Human Rights issue is the flavor of the month, if you can't be honest about such issues within your own country you have no right to point towards India.

Is the link for the Human Rights Commission on South Asia.
http://www.hrcsa.org/

Back
Top Bottom