What's new

Rajputs, Jats and Gujjars

Status
Not open for further replies.
@saiyan0321

This is the answer to that little game I was playing with you elsewhere.

You had mentioned that the Indian Army would have had cause to remember the name of General Akhtar Hussain Malik with regret, if he had not been displaced very rudely at the last moment by Yahya Khan on the orders of Ayub Khan. I said that there was a better.

This is the man, Eftekhar (or Iftikhar) Janjua, who took the same line of attack as had done General Mallik six years earlier; the difference is that he won. Please look up the battle; it was handled in a masterly fashion, insofar as his attack on one flank being thwarted, he changed his axis of attack to the other flank and put so much asymmetric pressure to bear that the front cracked, and the Pakistanis poured in. The general did not live to see victory; he was shot down in a helicopter, and died of his injuries in hospital two days later.

IMO, he comes ahead of Tajammul Malik, and certainly of Akhtar Hussain Malik.

@Great Janjua

I had no idea that you had adopted your title from this general. Congratulations; he was the best Pakistani general. In 1965, he was in command, then a Brigadier, of the Gujarat/ Rann of Kutch sector, and won, albeit with a superiority of troops. Whatever, he won.
My dad has described general iftikhar janjua to me as a man of great valour and humour.for your information my dad had a personal few minute talk with Janjua sir Before his demise.He would often pay visit to his troops during stand still. Once he came over to my dad who was just chilling on his anti tank gun as my dad was the commander of an jeep mounted anti tank gun and said Sultan (my dads full name is Muhammed sultan Saleem by the way) your name may be sultan but your LMG (I don't why know armymen in the nineties called anti tank guns as LMG but hey ho ) Is the real sultan so be precise in your shooting. Cracked a few jokes and left after that encounter the sultan my dad was shot in the hand and had to stay behind front lines till the end of the war my dad was very young when he was appointed as the commander of an anti tank gun he was 17 believe it or not.

Last edited:
They have literally been attacking me this whole thread, while I have refused to engage in a back and forth.
Kindly report. I sometimes dont go through the whole thread...but address specific concerns...

Dont call a troll a troll....It hurts sentiments of some ...

Report. We do view our reports and try to clear as many as we humanly can!

People stick to the topic! I am going to close this thread to clean it up!

And kindly dont come crying to me if you failed to report and your post happens to break rules!

I see no reason to reopen this thread CONSIDERING both Pakistanis and Indians DID troll!

I also see no reason to discuss a topic that can neither be openly or even truthfully talked about!

Thread will remain closed!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom