What's new

Raining missiles: India test fires cannon launched laser-guided missile

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it hurts to see India forge onwards. It's going to hurt more in the next 10+ years. :eek:One thing is true, we both know a lot of your "Pakistani" stuff aren't really Pakistani. Come on Safriz, we both know this.
Well DRDO can't do anything. Even SLBM launch was fake. Oh wait, it was Russian missile. :D
How can DRDO make anything ?

Prasun K. Sengupta

The CLGM is a 120mm multi-role missile capable of being launched from both rifled-bore 120mm MBT gun-barrels, as well as from manportable launchers. Development of this missile was initiated in 2005 for the Arjun MBT project & it was meant to be both an anti-armour round as well as an anti-helicopter round. The CLGM was formally unveiled at DEFEXPO 2008. Since the CLGM could not be delivered in time for the Arjun Mk1A’s user-trials, the LAHAT had to be imported from IAI as an interim solution. In future, however, the CLGM will:

1) Replace the LAHAT on Arjun Mk1A MBT

2) Replace the Milan-2 & Konkurs while using the existing manportable launchers of the Milan-2 & Konkurs; &

3) It is also being evaluated by the IA as a possible substitute for the existing NAMICA-launched NAG ATGM.

4) Since the CLGM is much lighter than HELINA, helicopters like the Rudra (Dhruv Mk4 WSI) will be able to carry at least eight such ATGMs (similar to the Dhruv Mk4 WSI prototype armed with eight LAHATs that was showcased in past Paris & Farnborough Air Shows by Israel Aerospace Industries in the previous decade).

5) The CLGM, being laser-guided, can be easily vectored toward its target by either heli-borne laser target designators or infantry-operated manportable laser target designators. Because of such operational flexibility, the CLGM can easily arm Light Strike Vehicles operated by SOF units.

Israeli LAHAT goes to DRDO and becomes "Indian". :coffee:

LAHAT
Weight 13.0 kg
Length 97.5 cm
Diameter 105 mm
Warhead Tandem HEAT
Warhead weight 4.5 kg
Speed 300 m/s

CLGM

Weight 18.0 kg
Length 100 cm
Diameter 120 mm
Warhead Tandem HEAT and HEF
Speed 250 m/s

Now as far as clones called indigenous are concerned, I can list a whole bunch in the neighborhood....

Suffering from decades of insult and bashing DRDO is suddenly become a 100% success story. I don't even remember the last significant failure they had. All projects are ripping through and these weekly missile launches are proving that India is now a mature missile power with ability to design every kind and range of missile. The developmental phase is over.

India has now mastered almost every single subcomponent of missiles. Now the DRDO is only doing the Modular design and engineering. They take the components from a missile modify and redesign them and produce a new missile with larger range more efficiency and payload. Point is that this escalation in testing proves that DRDO is now doesn't need to waste time in starting from scratch. Moreover Russia and Isreali help should also be appreciated.

And the same thing applies to Avionics, aerodynamics, radars, Awacs, tanks and ammunition. The hardwork is paying off and the next gen weapons of India will come faster then expected.

RIP DRDO BASHING: 1990-2012 :yahoo:

LAHAT
Weight 13.0 kg
Length 97.5 cm
Diameter 105 mm
Warhead Tandem HEAT
Warhead weight 4.5 kg
Speed 250 m/s

CLGM

Weight 18.0 kg
Length 100 cm
Diameter 120 mm
Warhead Tandem HEAT and HEF
Speed 250 m/s

Now as far as clones called indigenous are concerned, I can list a whole bunch in the neighborhood....

Dude there is no indegineous/ clone/ similiar weapon developed in Pakistan. Infact there is no weapon the has been developed in Pakistan. Their missiles/ nukes are imported. They know it.

As if Indians will be worrying wehre the Missile came from & how was it manufactured when it falls on ur house...

Keep thinking babies!!! :woot: :whistle: :coffee:

What is the size of warhead?

From posted specs in pics, it just looks a slightly upgraded LAHAT...

indians were not known for producing lethal/successful weapons...I don't think anything will change in the future..

Please tell me that can India produce bullets of rifle ?
The day Indian govt and diplomats decide not to take bribes from western lobbies who push for foreign arms in India. That day India will develop its own riffle with bullets. If Indian can design this rocket then bullets should not hard enough. Only thing is that you dont get this rocket from a company in Isreal :lol:

gslvmk3.jpg

What is the size of warhead?

From posted specs in pics, it just looks a slightly upgraded LAHAT...

indians were not known for producing lethal/successful weapons...I don't think anything will change in the future..

Lol yeah we are not as smart as the Pakistanis :lol:. When was the last time Pakistan launched a new missile after Babur.

India is up with Shaurya, Anti ballestic missile PAD and AAD, Agni 5 and now this. Coming soon Prithvi defence vehicle and Nirbhay. I am sure you will change your mind soon.

The day Indian govt and diplomats decide not to take bribes from western lobbies who push for foreign arms in India. That day India will develop its own riffle with bullets. If Indian can design this rocket then bullets should not hard enough. Only thing is that you dont get this rocket from a company in Isreal :lol:

gslvmk3.jpg

Looks alright...

Specifications? What mission it will be used for?

A poor, backward, starving nation investing in space technology? Sounds hilarious!

Indian space program isn't something special though...

Can they produce a decent assault rifle? :pop:

No we cant because everytime we will try to an Isreali company will pay bribes to the Indian army diplomats so they screw the inhose gun and buy theirs. Trust me it's not easy to do something as it sounds like.

Looks alright...

Specifications? What mission it will be used for?

A poor, backward, starving nation investing in space technology? Sounds hilarious!

Indian space program isn't something special though...

Not replying to you anymore. You are not worth it :wave:

Lol yeah we are not as smart as the Pakistanis :lol:. When was the last time Pakistan launched a new missile after Babur.

India is up with Shaurya, Anti ballestic missile PAD and AAD, Agni 5 and now this. Coming soon Prithvi defence vehicle and Nirbhay. I am sure you will change your mind soon.

Shaheen III i think with extended range right after India tested AgniV

Our missile tech is superior to India's, your own Army has admitted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom