What's new

Raining missiles: India test fires cannon launched laser-guided missile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Same thing with JFT. I just hate it when people say "mostly-indigenous"........... either a Pakistani or an Indian.

Dude, that is called maturing a tested system. An upgrade, if you will.
Even US planes got input from China etc .... Some components like e goods stuff... it doesn't matter is that indigenous or not... when the thing serve your purpose well...

Meri jan, fluid dynamics of Brahmos, was 70 percent of the game........ rest 20% was the engine.................. give me these two things and a decent budget, I'll even integrate Martian tech with it..............
sir ji! no one is calling Brahmos fully indigenous. Its a joint-venture with Russia.

Agreed. Same thing with JFT. I just hate it when people say "mostly-indigenous"........... either a Pakistani or an Indian.

Well,there are some Indian made parts in those systems,that's why people call them "mostly indigenous" as you have pointed out.And one more thing - could you please point the list of Pakistani origin subsystems and LRUs that has gone into JF 17??
P.S ,it's not a trolling attemt on my part. I'm just curious because I virtually know nothing about that fighter.

Dude, that is called maturing a tested system. An upgrade, if you will.

Of course it is and we never deny that either. :-)

Did it ever become operational ? The indian assembled Lahat ?

Last edited:
Son, they already did. Long long long ago. You gave them the extra resources to keep it alive and fine-tune it!
Sir , i think Brahmos is the world's only world's fastest cruise missile in operation, i might be wrong and world's might be wrong.

Other two supersonic missiles are :- P800 which travel at more height and less range
and other one is under development from France..... Russia still not uses Brahmas because apart from engine everything is Indian.....

To those guys who are saying that CLGM is just a LAHAT painted in Indian colours,all I've to say is that their specs are not same.The diameter of LAHAT is 105mm where as CLGM is 120mm.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-rc5TYsijjFQ/UQGEwMwzWBI/AAAAAAAADfA/UG-0aCrwXgw/s1600/CLGM.jpg
Most of people don't know technical things .... and they started comment ..bla bla bla....

Did it ever become operational ? The indian assembled Lahat ?

Aap nehi sudhar ne wale,hai na?? :-)

Ok,there may be some Israeli help that went into CLGM since they are the masters in this field.But CLGM can not be just an "indian assembled Lahat" simply because the physical dimensions are somewhat different like the diameter of both systems isn't exactly the same.

By the way,it isn't operational yet,still undergoing trials.

finally India made something on their own, 3 to 5 KM range but its a good start.

We hope Pakistan also attain that capability some day .

We hope Pakistan also attain that capability some day .
We already produce modified KOMBAT missile .. N the sniper missile..

P.S is it operational yet? Also what are you gonna fire it from Arjun mk1 doesn't have the capability ? Mk2?or the t-90?

We already produce modified KOMBAT missile .. N the sniper missile..

P.S is it operational yet? Also what are you gonna fire it from Arjun mk1 doesn't have the capability ? Mk2?or the t-90?

Not operational afaik ...... Why can't MK1 fire it ??

I think in future this missile can be used with armed UAVs like RUSTOM due to its light weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom