What's new

Rafale Vs Su-30 MKi

Seriously?
Is that so,15kw u said.

Go get me a link,even a blog will be accepted.

Don't manipulate facts,bars is an old radar with a 140-150 km range.
U might have read about irbis e of su-35.that one has peak power of 18kw and a detection range of 400 km
Yeah sorry M consfused it with N035 :p:p it yeah

Mki due to monstrous rcs will be detected way too easily compared to rafale.
Well its depend upon israeli's Jammers quality E&w suits well F-15 is also have huge Rcs but still it is very potent .what about Irst did mki have good Irst

Like I said before you already know everything.
Red flag reports are there to confirm what I said.

How about you backing your claim on first IRST detection ??? You simply cant conclude that with e data avaible on net. still you did. One rafale vs One MKI wont be one sided as MKI can out run Rafale everytime. Two rafales is different game altogether.

AWACS will be feeding radar data to MKI n Rafale. One on one might not take place as India always use MKI+Bision combination in every exercise.
Red-flag experience has already made IAF tactics value adition.
Yeah mate in Red flags most potent fighter of the world in combant F-15 pitted very badly against the Mki's

Like I said before you already know everything.
Red flag reports are there to confirm what I said.

How about you backing your claim on first IRST detection ??? You simply cant conclude that with e data avaible on net. still you did. One rafale vs One MKI wont be one sided as MKI can out run Rafale everytime. Two rafales is different game altogether.

AWACS will be feeding radar data to MKI n Rafale. One on one might not take place as India always use MKI+Bision combination in every exercise.
Red-flag experience has already made IAF tactics value adition.

Again u are side stepping on my points.

My claims are accurate.
One on one mki will be shot down in bvr due to a weak radar and an rcs of 7-10 m2 making its detection even at 200 km very easy.

If no then in passive mode apart from spectra,rafale's qwip tech irst has a range of 140 km compared to 80-90 km for mki if it uses ols-35 of su-35.i think it uses ols-30 which would be still lower.

Also its aesa vs hybrid pesa here and that too a low power one.

Aesa has lpi modes,superior jamming and more resolution than a pesa.

In flir,tv camera too rafale exceeds what mki offers in bvr.

Thats why I have been saying that we ought to have opted su-35 instead the last batch of 42 mki's or at least modernize the mki's as they are getting quite old.

Awacs etc can aid even jf-17 and by that logic

Jf-17 +awacs=mki+awacs

But we are discussing on pure technical characteristics between mki and rafale sans anything(no awacs) and that scenario my friend dosen't look good for mki.

In wvr sure,mki may turn out to be better

Awacs etc can aid even jf-17 and by that logic

Jf-17 +awacs=mki+awacs
Offcourse if JF is fast enough and AWACS survive long enough. And MKI can act as mini AWACS for bisons who deal with JFs and teens

But we are discussing on pure technical characteristics between mki and rafale sans anything(no awacs) and that scenario my friend dosen't look good for mki.
In wvr sure,mki may turn out to be better
You are assuming Rafale will detect MKI first. Ok. Lets say it does and then fires a BVR and give up its location. Now MKI had to get out of kill zone and which it can. So it will be a shoot and scoot game. One missile one kill is a lab senario in war it never works. Thats why they fire 2 missiles.

Again I am not saying MKI will outclass Rafale but it wont be a one sided match.

Last edited:
Well its depend upon israeli's Jammers quality E&w suits well F-15 is also have huge Rcs but still it is very potent .what about Irst did mki have good Irst

Nope.

Rafale's irst is far superior.

Regarding red flag,it was mainly a wvr exercise and indeed mki did well but in bvr scenario unless upgraded it won't win 1 on 1 with even f-15 as the latter has been thoroughly modernized and has apg-79 aesa if I am not mistaken

Nope.

Rafale's irst is far superior.

Regarding red flag,it was mainly a wvr exercise and indeed mki did well but in bvr scenario unless upgraded it won't win 1 on 1 with even f-15 as the latter has been thoroughly modernized and has apg-79 aesa if I am not mistaken
Hmmm is what will be senerio if rafale use it plane Passive RBE2 ha mki have any chance then

Last edited:
Hmmm is what will be senerio if rafale use it plane Passive RBE2 ha mki have any chance then

No,unless modernized mki is a lot behind even su-35,forget rafale that may better even su-35

mki have to win this game, it will make price cutting negotiations easy for us.

mki have to win this game, it will make price cutting negotiations easy for us.
I dought it Rafale will beat Mki.France is decade ahead of Us in terms of aeronautical Tech .Secondly if somehow Mki defeats Rafale which I don't think gonna happen it will end the deal itself because IAf will not buy something which is Inferior to what they posses they will Rather go for more mki's as it is best economical Option they have.

In current scenario, Rafale has a clear edge over MKI thanks to best EW suit like Spectra and advance Aesa radars.
PS: though once MKIs are upgraded as planned(AESA, less RCS, Brahmos etc), both will be equally good overall.

In current scenario, Rafale has a clear edge over MKI thanks to best EW suit like Spectra and advance Aesa radars.
PS: though once MKIs are upgraded as planned(AESA, less RCS, Brahmos etc), both will be equally good overall.

Only ram cannot significantly reduce the rcs of mki.
For that we need a radar blocker for compressor blades which we all know isn't gonna happen.

Rest of the points stand:D

I dought it Rafale will beat Mki.France is decade ahead of Us in terms of aeronautical Tech .Secondly if somehow Mki defeats Rafale which I don't think gonna happen it will end the deal itself because IAf will not buy something which is Inferior to what they posses they will Rather go for more mki's as it is best economical Option they have.
theres no made in India offensive or defensive systems on board the mki as per my knowledge majority of India made systems that went into mki are flight controllers and data links etc which are less to do anything with combat so it really doen't matter whether they are (French) ahead of us because combat system of mki is Russian and Israeli and i don't think Russians are inferior to French in this regard.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom