What's new

RAFALE VS F-16 BLOCK52+

None :no:

I am not saying the Flanker is a piece crap or anything :P
No, but you definitely make it sound like only the U.S is capable of making good planes whilst Russia has made only ****** planes capable of shooting Georgian drones.

Mock battles aren't everything mate. It's the real battle that counts.

Yes real battle counts, but what if there is no engagements at all? It is not Flanker's fault. isn't it?

As I said earlier, there were hardly any air battle in 80's onwards with two equal sides. There were always one side with BVRs and AWACS and the other side without BVRs and in poor condition.

why the hell are we discussing flankers in this thread instead debate how f16 can save his a$$ from the might of rafale:lol:

Rafale has not been inducted yet.
By the time it inducts, you will see more F-16s and J-10 A, B or C flying over Pakistan.

By the time it inducts, you will see more F-16s and J-10 A, B or C flying over Pakistan.
so what man,,???
we are discussing about capabilties of rafale vs f16 not IAF vs PAF :lol:

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

haan bhai,jaldi mann bhar jata hai ek avatar se:P
btw who is she ??? looks familiar :lol:
hmm let me guess

Yes real battle counts, but what if there is no engagements at all? It is not Flanker's fault. isn't it?

Not at all.

As I said earlier, there were hardly any air battle in 80's onwards with two equal sides. There were always one side with BVRs and AWACS and the other side without BVRs and in poor condition.

Iraq never operated the Su-27 or any Flanker for that matter. Their MiG-29s didn't even stand much a chance.

I think it had more to do with poor synergy of equipment, systems and training. And of-course lack of relevant technology. That didn't help much in reputation for Soviet planes. I guess those 'monkey models' did more harm that good.

I'm sure now that Russian planes would see better potential. Especially with the Su-30 and Su-35 series planes. And lets not forget the T-50/FGFA.

But still, the US would be ahead of both Russia and China in terms of technology now and the future. This is not just my opinion but a fact.

And as far as Rafale vs. F-16 block 52+ goes....Rafale has a better edge in the long term. Can't say what are the exact future options for PAF :undecided:

so what man,,???
we are discussing about capabilties of rafale vs f16 not IAF vs PAF :lol:

Yes, this is IAF vs PAF, because
a) its on Pak Defence
b) Mostly Indians and Pakistanis are here to talk about this. (clearly know the intentions when this thread was made...)
c) go read Indian comments first about Flankers...:lol:

Not at all.

Iraq never operated the Su-27 or any Flanker for that matter. Their MiG-29s didn't even stand much a chance.

I think it had more to do with poor synergy of equipment, systems and training. And of-course lack of relevant technology. That didn't help much in reputation for Soviet planes. I guess those 'monkey models' did more harm that good.

I'm sure now that Russian planes would see better potential. Especially with the Su-30 and Su-35 series planes. And lets not forget the T-50/FGFA.

But still, the US would be ahead of both Russia and China in terms of technology now and the future. This is not just my opinion but a fact.

And as far as Rafale vs. F-16 block 52+ goes....Rafale has a better edge in the long term.
Agree:tup:
Rafale has a better edge in the long term
Why not in the short term?
Btw I see Mr Sapper here in the thread information panel. Eagerly waiting for your comments;)

Why not in the short term?

It'll take time to induct a large number of brand new planes along with R&D. Also, add the infrastructure, logistics, training and ground-crew support.

Implementing the whole thing will take time for the IAF.

And Rafale overall has larger potential for technology development in the future relative to the F-16 variants in the 4.5G category.

This thread was made clearly knowing the intentions..
I have been here since 07 and every jet was compared with F-16 except Typhoon and Rafale...
so what conclusion u get now about rafale as compare to F16:meeting:

D,E,F bhi add karlo unho ne kya paap kiya hai....Btw on topic mmm i don't think that IaF's Rafale F3 will ever face PaF's F16's...

It'll take time to induct a large number of brand new planes along with R&D. Also, add the infrastructure, logistics, training and ground-crew support.

Implementing the whole thing will take time for the IAF.

And Rafale overall has larger potential for technology development in the future relative to the F-16 variants in the 4.5G category.
Agreed, but don't the French have the Rafale as well:P.[Rhethoric - no need to answer].
They have also tested it in Afghanistan and Libya and have a fair share of experience on it.

Back
Top Bottom