What's new

Racism aganist Iranians in more Hollywood movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even in Italy today there is a racial divide North and South with Sicilians being considered darker than other Italians and hence face racism from them.

I know, i have been to all these places. Majority of them look closer to brown people.

I know, i have been to all these places. Majority of them look closer to brown people.
Is it true that Sicilians have a distinct culture that is different to mainland Italians?

I think You mean middle eastern? The term Asian people does not include middle eastern. ;) That's not a surprise, because their J2 haplogroup is common with middle eastern people, which comes from their common ancestors.
I don't know how to explain I am meant there. For example my aunts from father's side have a shinning white skin colour and sharp facial features but the skin is not white enough to match northern Europeans. What I meant was that kind of looks. I heard that most white looking Indic and Iranic people get mistaken for being Italian in USA. even Maz Jobrani said it in one of his shows that he gets mistaken for being Italian more often.

Is there a difference? Forgive my ignorance but for me thats all arabic.
No, its just i don´t care much about your side of the world. Give me a reason why i should care about your ethnicity? Does it have any effect for me or my daily life? Its same like australian aboriginies. There are dozens of tribes but they are just labeleld as Aboriginies, simply because it doesn´t matter that much for others.
Your ignorance doesn't change the reality, and using Aboriginals as an example!?

Aborigins hadn't built any empires, civilizations or even didn't had any scripts(they are basically the same people with different tribes) while Persians,Jews, Arabs, Turks, People from the place now known as Pakistan, India and etc all have had(and still have) their unique cultures,languages and empires.

Europeans(for examples Italians and Spanish people) are more closer to each other than middle easterns(for example Turks and Arabs and etc)

Playing dumb isn't changing anything, its only make you look like a redneck

I don't know how to explain I am meant there. For example my aunts from father's side have a shinning white skin colour and sharp facial features but the skin is not white enough to match northern Europeans. What I meant was that kind of looks. I heard that most white looking Indic and Iranic people get mistaken for being Italian in USA. even Maz Jobrani said it in one of his shows that he gets mistaken for being Italian more often.
Yes, sometimes. Jews and persians look almost identical. They are very close to spanish people as well. Greeks, Italians, and Turkish people also look very similar to each other. So, sometimes you need to really ask someone to understand his nationality. although it is not always the case, and some people have very distinct facial features which shows their nationality. I, myself, have been mistaken as spanish, by spanish and latin americans, have been mistaken as a person from south Russia, by Russians, and as a french by a french and have been considered as a turkish guy, by turks, which this one is not really a mistake, since I am Azerbaijani. :D
and, I have also mistakenly identified arabs as persian, and jews as persian, and some persian girls as indian. :lol:

Is it true that Sicilians have a distinct culture that is different to mainland Italians?

No idea about culture, to outsiders it look pretty similar. But there is clear difference in looks of people. I only stayed there for a week.

I heard majority of American-italians are from Sicilia who are even more brown looking then mainland Italians.

Well the reason for this is the roman empire. It created a mediterrean mega state that mixed al people and fomed what you basicly have as mediterrean today. Spanish, italians, greeks, croatians, turks, lebanese, egyptians and so on. We do look quite similar.

Yes, sometimes. Jews and persians look almost identical. They are very close to spanish people as well. Greeks, Italians, and Turkish people also look very similar to each other. So, sometimes you need to really ask someone to understand his nationality. although it is not always the case, and some people have very distinct facial features which shows their nationality. I, myself, have been mistaken as spanish, by spanish and latin americans, have been mistaken as a person from south Russia, by Russians, and as a french by a french and have been considered as a turkish guy, by turks, which this one is not really a mistake, since I am Azerbaijani. :D
and, I have also mistakenly identified arabs as persian, and jews as persian, and some persian girls as indian. :lol:
i asked to a persian guy if he is italian.. he said no.. next i said pakistani?.. the guy was pissed. :lol:

i asked to a persian guy if he is italian.. he said no.. next i said pakistani?.. the guy was pissed. :lol:

Then if you said Indian, he would have given the same reaction since you guys look identical.

Then if you said Indian, he would have given the same reaction since you guys look identical.
he could have passed as north Indian too... but his accent was not Indian so I would have said iranian anyway as third guess.

he could have passed as north Indian too... but his accent was not Indian so I would have said iranian anyway as third guess.

Can you tell me how i can distinguish someone from india with someone from pakistan from looks? So i make nobody unhappy while greeting.

Can you tell me how i can distinguish someone from india with someone from pakistan from looks? So i make nobody unhappy while greeting.
Generally northen indians are similar in look with pakistanis and south and eastern Indians are different, but to a white person the difference is not big enough.
This is the question I asked an irish (you all look same how do I know who is Irish).. and he said 'you cant, but I can'.

I dont think anybody will be terribly offended but you can always ask the person first.

Generally northen indians are similar in look with pakistanis and south and eastern Indians are different, but to a white person the difference is not big enough.
This is the question I asked an irish (you all look same how do I know who is Irish).. and he said 'you cant, but I can'.

I dont think anybody will be terribly offended but you can always ask the person first.
And Japanese, Chinese, Koreans can recognize each other apart. I can recognize apart Japanese from Chinese.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom