What's new

Racial Map of South Asia

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the passange of time and globalization, people will marry into many races, we will have a multiracial look.
South asians are perticularly very interesting, we have caucasoid, mongoloid, african features all mixed up.
Brazil is another such racially mixed up society.

not caste, caste system have nothing to do with this topic. for example, jats are sudras but they are one of the most europoid people in south asia. they score 17% North European !

No no, you can say jats or someother but you write down higher caste and middle ... that was surprised me. Did you included lower caste in this thread? Am just curious.

@Vishvamitra, in case you haven't already come across it.

Pakistan_Baluchistan_Ethnic_lg-1.jpg

I will add that there is significant population of certain communities in Pakistan who are most likely similar to average central indian genetically just based on looks alone. Christians in Pakistan are overwhelming converts from these castes and also muslims but in later case not majority. They don't make vast majority of population but still significant, and these are found from Azad Kashmir to sindh or even beyond. Recently I've read there is christian population in FATA, they are most likely from same stock as in rest of Pakistan.

I came across this British era caste based census report of Jammu & Kashmir in other thread. You see chamar, chuhra, dom? I'm talking about these people. They are known as dalits by Indians but in Pakistan people just call them by their community name.

image-png.335727

And also what Kaptaan said is pretty much spot on.

Christians of FATA were settled by the British.. They aren't native to FATA.

:o::o::o: so maney Wakhi people...

Haha! Not so many, just spread out. And it's not a hundred percent accurate either. For example the area below shown as inhabited by Wakhi is completely uninhabited, it's the Baltoro Glacier :lol:

Untitled2_zpsd3joiezu.png

Christians of FATA were settled by the British.. They aren't native to FATA.

I don't know about British settling them, didn't they used to give land to settle? These christians in FATA don't have land, maybe they just went there to work.

I don't know about British settling them, didn't they used to give land to settle? These christians in FATA don't have land, maybe they just went there to work.
Ive been to FATA... And you can still see christians working for FC there.... so yes they have settled there since old times.... workin for british army.

Ive been to FATA... And you can still see christians working for FC there.... so yes they have settled there since old times.... workin for british army.

They migrated around 100 years ago, I though they went on their own to find some work. But if they are working for FC then most likely British settled them.

Haha! Not so many, just spread out. And it's not a hundred percent accurate either. For example the area below shown as inhabited by Wakhi is completely uninhabited, it's the Baltoro Glacier :lol:

Untitled2_zpsd3joiezu.png

There are some Wakhi people liviing in China and I remember watching a Chinese documentary about them ,who are those people?

IM0499_zps2b9be162.jpg

99398200_62710762_middle_zps66739fcd.jpg

green-eyed-girl-in-tashkurgan_zps2ffe4ec5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom