What's new

Question about ladies being war-fighter pilot.

k.chandio98

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I want to ask something,
I heard that ladies were allowed to become combat fighter pilot and the first female combat fighter pilot is Ayesha Farooq, but I heard rumors that they are now given lower post and are again not allowed to become Combat fighter pilot, is it true?
I am asking this because I also want to become Combat fight Pilot in future.

As of my knowledge there is no discrimination. Flying is an unnatural phenomenon for humans. Though its intelligence humans have some what mastered this field. On top of it fighter flying is extensively stressful and needs certain aptitude. Sometimes people cannot coupe up with the requirement and have to be moved to those aircraft which may not require extreme and intense skills. Therefore, it is not very unusual for a fighter to move away from initially desired goal. Moreover, there can be physiological conditions which may disallow continuity as fighter pilots.

:yahoo:

please tell me the requirements of flying standards detailed.

College of Flying Training (CFT)
In CFT, Aviation Cadets go through flying/academic training for 3 years. Over the years, the College has developed a modern, scientific and systematic program of pilot training. It aims at equipping the Aviation Cadets with basic flying skills along with sound academic/professional background which eventually leads to the award of BSc degree. The College has two types of trainer aircraft namely MFI-17 Mushshak, which is being produced under licence in Pakistan and T-37, which is jet trainer of American origin. Recently, another jet trainer K-8, a joint venture of Pakistan and China has been added to the training fleet of the Academy. The training on these aircraft is designed to produce pilots for Pakistan Air Force and friendly countries. Aviation Cadets who successfully complete their flying training on MFI-17 and T-37 are awarded flying wings. The College is also entrusted to conduct regular courses of Administration and Special duties, Meteorology, Accounts, Information Technology, Education, Legal and Branch List Permanent Commission. Additionally, the College imparts flying training to the officers of the sister services.

For more details go to the PAF official website:PAKISTAN AIR FORCE - Official website

Good luck to you.

There are two types of flying.

* Combat [Fighter jets - Mach+ aircraft]
* Non Combat [Logistics - C-130, Helicopters etc]

First one demands absolute perfection in physical strength. Female fighter pilots are found in the western nations as well but the issue is that they can't handle the flight stress to the required levels after they have given birth. Also there is an added risk of the fighter pilot being shot down behind enemy lines, than captured and raped.

Non combat flying includes, slow air craft that don't require a lot of G-force tolerance.

You can try- goood luck

Also there is an added risk of the fighter pilot being shot down behind enemy lines, than captured and raped.

This cannot really be an operational reason. If captured behind enemy lines by a foe who is willing to torture, and eventually kill, be it man or woman, then rape hardly adds in any way to the risk.

Think about male fighter pilots going down over Afghanistan. What do you do then? Send in female only fighter sorties?

I want to ask something,
I heard that ladies were allowed to become combat fighter pilot and the first female combat fighter pilot is Ayesha Farooq, but I heard rumors that they are now given lower post and are again not allowed to become Combat fighter pilot, is it true?
I am asking this because I also want to become Combat fight Pilot in future.

Hi,

Please--allow me to clear something---" LADIES " don't become fighter pilots---women become fighter pilots---. Please try to understand the intricate difference between a lady and a woman---.

As long as you can read flight mission plans , fly a plane and shoot down 3-4 planes in 1 minute you can fly any top plane in Pakistan Airforce

but I have interest in being Combat fighter pilot
What do you think of Ayesha Farooq's future?

Well I am an Indian and I dont know much about the Pakistani Selection. But I think good food, good exercise. Good brains. hardwork and some influence can get you wherever you want to go.

Thanks for such a nice advice. Literally its 100% true that a sound body has a sound mind. But the problem is that PAF did not offer GD(P) courses for girls this year. For this I have to wait one more year to come and wasting much of my time cz I have no activity left to do. I am still unaware when would be the next induction and will the girls be eligible for GD(P) or not? Feeling lost in an undefined thoughts/emotions. Can anyone plz guide me what to do in that period of a few months? And how to prepare for PAF??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom