What's new

QATARI DIPLOMAT: “WORK ONGOING WITH PAKISTAN ON JF-17 THUNDERS”

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be great news for Pakistan even if Thunder is acquired as LIFT; Qatar operates Rafale too so we can get some first-hand intel from them in how the platforms compare operationally.

Slightly tangential but if French hardware follows the US’ example by gathering intelligence on its operators, it could present a security issue for Pakistan if Dassault relays such intel to India for additional defence contracts

The source is not credible as of yet. The subject is already under discussion in JF-17 Section.

Regards,

FIuKBPbXEAMtEQC.jpeg

FIuKBPbWQAQfqpI.jpeg

Last edited:

This has been going around since 2016, lol. 5 years later and they are still thinking.

Is Qatar reliable for keeping Chinese AESA secret? They are very close with US even more than Saudi and UAE.
Most likely the Chinese AESA would be replaced by Leonardo's.
Alongside most of it avionics package sourcing it mostly turkey/Italy/Spain.
Since Qatar uses western platform Western-fied Jf17 makes more sense.
Qataris can fund the whole integration.That will open up jf17 to more markets as well.

Qataris can fund the whole integration.That will open up jf17 to more markets as well.
Sorry, no Leonardo system. There are previous talk about installing western radar for JF-17 but ended up with all Chinese. Avionics and weapon system are sensitive which western and Chinese refuse to reveal too much of their own to each other. If Qatari are no interested in Chinese JF-17 AESA, who go for JF-17? They can go for South Korea FA50 for LIFT requirement with western radar or even asking South Korea for certain technology transfer. I am sure South Korea are willing to sell provide the money is right.

You can continue to fantasize but fact speaks and the most , the ejection seat will be western. In fact, I am not comfortable for this deal to proceed given Qatari complete loyalty to USA, they are unlike UAE who continue to use Huawei 5G while Qatari listen to US command and refuse Huawei network in their country.

I am more than happy if this deal is off.

Last edited:
Nope china and pak will not allow them to use third party avionics radars on jf-17

I don't see Qatar buying JF, unless their gas runs out and they can't afford the more expensive toys from the West.

I don't see Qatar buying JF, unless their gas runs out and they can't afford the more expensive toys from the West.
End of the day, its still a western toys. If Israel want Qatar to kneel, they have no choice but to obey since all they have is western toys. Maybe Qatar wants to buy JF-17 in future as a leverage.

The acquisition of the JF-17 opens up the option for Qatar to support its independent interests or interests shared with international partners. Until a crisis develops, we may jot know how Qatar decided to use the JF-17, but to ensure their independence, having more options the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom