QATARI DIPLOMAT: “WORK ONGOING WITH PAKISTAN ON JF-17 THUNDERS”

Status
Not open for further replies.

The SC

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Qatar’s Consul General in Karachi has said in an interview that both countries are already working on an unspecified JF-17 Thunder project/acquisition. He further said, “Many joint ventures in defence"..

JF-17.jpg

PSF had earlier reported several times throughout 2021 that Qatar is interested in procuring dual seat Block III JF-17D aircraft. Talks began in 2019.

JF-17B-JF-17bl2.jpg

Highly unlikely. At best as a LIFT platform?

Going on a tangent, do we know the exact cause of the JF-17-B Blk II's crash last year?
Reason was the same like Taiwani brand new F-16V crash yesterday

Until PAC reveals III, it is feel good things.
JFT-B Block III or JFT Block III, cannot be imagined without RD-93MA. Too underpowered without a more powerful engine.

Highly unlikely. At best as a LIFT platform?

Going on a tangent, do we know the exact cause of the JF-17-B Blk II's crash last year?
Any relevancy to the news and your explicit mention of the crash. Why are you stupid. Like any other type of the plane doesn't crash at all. They buy or not, its up to them.

Any relevancy to the news and your explicit mention of the crash. Why are you stupid. Like any other type of the plane doesn't crash at all. They buy or not, its up to them.
He was referring it to the sales.
Anyway, I think this news is more related to geopolotics comapred to actual needs of Qatar. Qatar is som samll comapred to neighbours that It needs big power gurantees to stay safe. So Turkey and Pak leverage may work for them, and hence need of good relations with both.

Tell me that's not true
Even rafales are enough for qatar

Tell me that's not true

Does it hurt if its true or your ego have taken a dent ?? Go to the nearest pharmacy before your back side hurts more.

It comes from a Diplomat, so it might have some truth in it.

Salaam

Tell me that's not true

As someone else has mentioned, it's not necessarily a strictly defence requirement based matter. It probably has a geo-political angle as well.

It may even have something to do with the plane being immune to Western sanctions in case things go south with Israel.

Last edited:
He was referring it to the sales.
Anyway, I think this news is more related to geopolotics comapred to actual needs of Qatar. Qatar is som samll comapred to neighbours that It needs big power gurantees to stay safe. So Turkey and Pak leverage may work for them, and hence need of good relations with both.

That's a good analysis.
I met an Arab Qatari few months after the Gulf countries action. He said we don't give a fk, we have Turkey and Pakistan by our side.
I was shocked, not just because I was not expecting him to mention Pakistan, but also at the confidence he displayed. That style when you say my brothers will stand by me, kind of confidence.

Salaam

As someone else has mentioned, it's not necessarily a strictly defence requirement based matter. It probably has a geo-political angle as well.

It may even have something to do with the plane being immune to Western sanctions in case things go south with Israel.
Yes it's look like a political deal
Qatar will recognising Israel soon actually they have very good relationship at this moment

Must day, Qataris are much smarter than rest of the GCC. They realized they are getting ripped off by west and are looking into alternatives for their AF workhorse.

We all understand, GCC countries buy leverage (protection money) through these overpriced weapon deals to western countries. But if Saudis were any smarter they could have used much cheaper JF -17s and it’s ammo in Yemen campaign, instead of going almost broke fly F-15s and getting threats of weapons embargo by U.S. congress.

Tell me that's not true
They want the JF-17 B as an advanced trainer mainly and fighter for second line.. they've just bought the Pakistani Super mushak as a medium trainer..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom