What's new

Qandeel Baloch is dead

Killing the girls for selecting her husband is extremely tragic and it is common in both India and Pakistan; while Islam does not allow any such practices but some very uneducated and illiterate people do that.

It's not just uneducated or illiterate people who do that. It happens even in wealthy families. Don't know about Pakistan, but it is definitely true in India.

BTW does anything justify the killing of a human being? Unless that person himself or herself has taken other people's lives?

There have been cases of honour killings in the west also where the girl wanted to marry a outsider and her family took action

She was asleep when her brother did it really pathetic to kill his own sister in such a way.

It's not just uneducated or illiterate people who do that. It happens even in wealthy families. Don't know about Pakistan, but it is definitely true in India.
In Pakistan, it mostly happens among uneducated and illiterate lot, it has nothing to do with the financial status of the family..i did not say poor or rich...Feudal lords in Sindh used to marry their sisters and daughters with Quran, an unislamic and inhuman act, just to protect the division of property and land under islamic law of inheritance.

BTW does anything justify the killing of a human being? Unless that person himself or herself has taken other people's lives?
Refer to my previous post

Rest in peace, the lady was different but should not have been killed like such
Her antics were strange and dumb however it was a mere side gimick in todays media centric environment

inna lillahi wa inallah-e-raji'oon

-> I appreciated she exposed a Thurki Mulla for what he was, pious , money collector from
Government and people and behind the scene meeting women privately

First of all this had nothing to do with religion. Its the south east asian disease of having women conform to the cattle like predicament the male society has been used to over thousands of years. As the media and information gets more potent and slowly erode the existing culture and when education levels are not upto the mark of how to handle this new culture there will be extremists like qandeel and her brother on two different sides of the war. Therefore these incidents will get more common till common sense is imparted to future generations of how to deal with the new culture that will surely take over.
sir, religion enfluences culture most... these bigots are in every religion. and i do not agree that illiteracy is major factor in this...

I have seen some FB and twitter post in which pakistani girls and boys both were lauding her brother for this inhuman act citing religious terms . . . .

reference please.

The source is weak. Some argue on the historical point and some points to certain sect of propaganda. The bottom line is he repented later which shows honor killing is not acceptable in any form in the society.

On one occasion, a few companions saw Umar ibn al-Khattab (Allah be pleased with him) laughing and then crying; one after the other. They asked what reason made him laugh then cry. He said, “I remember that in the days of Jahiliyyah, I used to have this idol made of dates. One day, I became so hungry that I ate it. And then, I cried when I remembered digging a hole and burying my daughter alive. While I was putting her in, she reached up and brushed dirt from my beard.”

http://www.authentictauheed.com/2011/07/139-muslim-mumin-and-uhsin.html

Last edited:
What are you talking about? being burned when their husbands die and female children being buried were not islamic rituals. Women being treated as property is a very subcontinent thing even before the mughals. Get your facts straight.

Show me a reference from Pre-Islamic era where someone in Indian subcontinent was killed for honor.

Do you know Honor killings are carried out in Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Syria, Yemen, Lebanon, Egypt, Sudan, the Gaza strip and the West Bank (Palestine), Jordan, Indonesia, Malaysia, Nigeria, Somalia, Turkey, Iran

Now try to identify what is common in all these countries.

sir, religion enfluences culture most... these bigots are in every religion. and i do not agree that illiteracy is major factor in this...

I have seen some FB and twitter post in which pakistani girls and boys both were lauding her brother for this inhuman act citing religious terms . . . .

Again, there is only so much religion can do. Family influence of bigotry and nonsense is also considered education. It is much more likely to be imparted with reasoning skills and common sense by being educated properly. What kind of education is prevalent in the sub continent is very obvious. Getting tests leaked and climbing walls to help students is not education.It is the exact opposite of that.

Before islam came to the subcontinent there was just as much craziness against women and their freedom. You can not say one religion influenced this depravity more than the other.

:lol:

Isn't there still female infanticide in India?

Stop trolling. Honor killing has nothing to do with Islam either.

You are the one who is trolling. This thread is about Honor killing. If you want to discuss some other social issues, Open a separate thread and we can discuss.

Honor killing is not native to south asia and has its origins in Middle east.

She gets the Darwin award. She obviously forgot which country she was in. feel free to assume that your going to seriously piss some people off acting like a HOE, that said justice must be swift and the murderer dispatched. oh well she provided good entertainment for a while.

You are the one who is trolling. This thread is about Honor killing. If you want to discuss some other social issues, Open a separate thread and we can discuss.

Honor killing is not native to south asia and has its origins in Middle east.

Uh huh...

Didn't you hindus used to burn your daughters because of 'Muslim Invaders'? Didn't Sikhs kill their women during Partition?

If you are saying that has nothing to do with honor killing, then you are daft my son.

Honor killings are prevalent in feudal societies, and have very little to do with religion.

She gets the Darwin award. She obviously forgot which country she was in. feel free to assume that your going to seriously piss some people off acting like a HOE, that said justice must be swift and the murderer dispatched. oh well she provided good entertainment for a while.

Don't be an asshole. She could have changed her ways, If people like you were trying to offer guidance instead of insulting and berating.

What would you do if she was your sister?

To those illiterates who are indirectly or directly defending the murder by asking us this question, I'd ask back: Would you murder her if she was yours?

The better question to ask is:

Is a sister allowed to kill her brother for honor? If so, my sister should have murdered me long time ago.

I loved your innocence Qandeel... your precious innocence and life both is wasted by some insane religious bigot...

you lived free on your own conditions unlike that bigot whose thought precesses are shackled in religious extremism...

RIP Girl...
Nothing to do with religion please.

Back
Top Bottom