What's new

Putin favours Russia, Belarus unification

I know a lot of Belorussians want to reunify with Russia, they all speak Russian more than they do Belorussian.

Central Asia/Ukraine/Belarus are Russia friendly, but Baltic states and Caucasian states aren't totally different in that matter.

Putin said the collapse of the Soviet empire “was the greatest geopolitical catastrophe of the century” and had fostered separatist movements inside Russia.

I remember watching a documentary about the rise and fall of The USSR and on it there was young Putin. He was crying his heart out watching the USSR flag slowly descend. He was working with the KGB at the time. The nature of his work, who he was, his heart felt emotion doesn't lie. We still see him trying to rebuild the empire and still see him throwing political jabs at America. He called them the crusades and only just recently he branded them as hooligans.. :lol:

Seriously, he is one gutsy, strong, determined and likable chap. Not even Wen or Hu would go that far out when they criticize the US.

Basically my friends dad who was in the Soviet military tells me the Central Asian countries wanted to remain with Russia so did Belarus and Ukraine, the Baltics states on the other hand have a hatred of Russia they collaborated with the Nazi's and helped them, the Georgians hated the Chechens and ingush and wanted to get out of the Union , basically when communism came falling down allot of ethnic tensions erupted.

I remember watching a documentary about the rise and fall of The USSR and on it there was young Putin. He was crying his heart out watching the USSR flag slowly descend. He was working with the KGB at the time. The nature of his work, who he was, his heart felt emotion doesn't lie. We still see him trying to rebuild the empire and still see him throwing political jabs at America. He called them the crusades and only just recently he branded them as hooligans.. :lol:

Seriously, he is one gutsy, strong, determined and likable chap. Not even Wen or Hu would go that far out when they criticize the US.

Well I met some alot of people who were cheering Yeltsin for democracy in Russia now there were wanting the USSR back wishing the Army jailed them, maybe democracy didn't go well for them in the 90's then again they got what they deserved, lets hope China never has a Gorbachev.

Wouldn't you Cry your heart out if you were working for the Chinese MSS and your country were falling apart ? Let's hope China never has a Gorbachev.

Wouldn't you Cry your heart out if you were working for the Chinese MSS and your country were falling apart ? Let's hope China never has a Gorbachev.

I can well understand Mr.Putin's sorrow during the moment of Soviet's collapse.

But now there are too many right wing hatred groups within Russia, what Mr.Putin needs to do is to get rid of these extremists. So he can finally rebuild the harmonious multicultural USSR.

And Gorby was wrong, Deng told him to fix the economy first, then we can talk about the democracy, but he insisted the opposite.

Now the history can prove who is right and who is wrong.

And Gorby was wrong, Deng told him to fix the economy first, then we can talk about the democracy, but he insisted the opposite.

Now the history can prove who is right and who is wrong.

Gorby was a young naive leader he got Yeltsin as a partner and glasnost was a failure it released nationalist tensions as well separatists movements, Deng did the Right move in tiananmen square, Gorbachev let separatist protests happen, Gorbachev in a lot of ways reminds me of Obama no joke.

Gorby was a young naive leader he got Yeltsin as a partner and glasnost was a failure it released nationalist tensions as well separatists movements, Deng did the Right move in tiananmen square, Gorbachev let separatist protests happen, Gorbachev in a lot of ways reminds me of Obama no joke.

USSR was destroyed by a bunch of egghead leaders who naively fooled by the West and believed the prosperity comes from the democracy, whereas the CCP leaders insisted the democracy comes from the prosperity.

I agree with you, Gorby was not a traitor, but he was just too naive.

If USSR went China's road of economic reform, then they gonna become even stronger than USA. Unfortunately, the stupid leadership had ruined everything.

If I was young Putin at the time you can bet that I would be the same.

I don't think China will move away from Communism, it is still early days and I highly doubt it will happen within our lifetime.

The problem with USSR was down to the ill effects of post WWII, war in Afghanistan, arms race with the U.S. and Yeltsin led to its collapse.
What the people did not expect was the extent of how a switch of ideologies can have such catastrophic effects on the newly formed Russia and they did not expect the economical structure to collapse and population to go downhill like that. Putin managed to fix it and put Russia back on the right track when he took office. If it weren't for him, Russia will not be where they are today. I wholeheartedly wish he gets re-elected again, he is one strong, decisive and charismatic leader.

Last but not least, I personally do not blame Gorbachev too much. I blame Yeltsin more. He destroyed USSR, weakened Russia and then became a drunk. If China do get a Gorbachev, I hope that Gorbachev will not bring Yeltsin close, and if he does, make sure he has ways of getting rid of him clean and swiftly.

I think no other country has seen so many ups and downs like Russia. People had written off Russia as a spent force 20 years ago, but as always Russia is back. Moreover they have a kick *** anthem.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think no other country has seen so many ups and downs like Russia. People had written off Russia as a spent force 20 years ago, but as always Russia is back. Moreover they have a kick *** anthem.

You have to love their anthem, I still think it is one of the greatest ever compost for a national anthem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom