What's new

PTI boycotts Geo/Jang Group over 'biased coverage'

Kabira

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD:

Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) has decided to once again boycott Geo and Jang media groups owing to their “biased and one-sided” coverage in the ongoing Panama Papers case.

In a statement on Saturday, the party said it will withdraw its representation from all forums run by the group.

The PTI had boycotted the media group in 2014 as well over its alleged role in electoral rigging during the 2013 general elections.

Earlier during a press briefing following Punjab Chief Minister Shehbaz Sharif’s appearance before the joint investigation team, which is investigating the Sharifs’ offshore wealth, Imran termed Mir Shakeelur Rehman, owner of Jang group, “the Godfather of media who is placing the corruption of Sharifs under wraps”.

The PTI chief said it is not the responsibility of a media house to protect corruption and money laundering of a family for its personal financial interests. “It is unbecoming of any media organisation to provide support to the rulers being probed,” he said.

“Now even ordinary citizens are aware of the fact that Jang/Geo group is lying to the nation and distorting facts. Portraying Nawaz Sharif like a ‘beau ideal’ political figure is a crying shame,” Imran said.

“Godfather of media, MSR, has taken it upon himself, after generous gifts of govt ads, to protect the corruption of Godfather Sharif,” he later said in a tweet.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1438201/pti-boycotts-geojang-group-biased-coverage/

Looks like PTI don't believe in freedom of press. Now days I see lots of tvads from KPK government. First PTI blame N league and then copy them :lol:

Looks like PTI don't believe in freedom of press. Now days I see lots of tvads from KPK government. First PTI blame N league and then copy them :lol:

Boycotting a channel isn't censorship or hurting freedom of speech.

Ironic how you claim to support these principles but then back the party that is, arresting social media users, sending activists to attack journalists, and has ministers harass and snatch phones of journalists.

Boycotting a channel isn't censorship or hurting freedom of speech.

Ironic how you claim to support these principles but then back the party that is, arresting social media users, sending activists to attack journalists, and has ministers harass and snatch phones of journalists.

PDF is PTI playground and I don't see anyone here being arrested.

ISLAMABAD:

Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) has decided to once again boycott Geo and Jang media groups owing to their “biased and one-sided” coverage in the ongoing Panama Papers case.

In a statement on Saturday, the party said it will withdraw its representation from all forums run by the group.

The PTI had boycotted the media group in 2014 as well over its alleged role in electoral rigging during the 2013 general elections.

Earlier during a press briefing following Punjab Chief Minister Shehbaz Sharif’s appearance before the joint investigation team, which is investigating the Sharifs’ offshore wealth, Imran termed Mir Shakeelur Rehman, owner of Jang group, “the Godfather of media who is placing the corruption of Sharifs under wraps”.

The PTI chief said it is not the responsibility of a media house to protect corruption and money laundering of a family for its personal financial interests. “It is unbecoming of any media organisation to provide support to the rulers being probed,” he said.

“Now even ordinary citizens are aware of the fact that Jang/Geo group is lying to the nation and distorting facts. Portraying Nawaz Sharif like a ‘beau ideal’ political figure is a crying shame,” Imran said.

“Godfather of media, MSR, has taken it upon himself, after generous gifts of govt ads, to protect the corruption of Godfather Sharif,” he later said in a tweet.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1438201/pti-boycotts-geojang-group-biased-coverage/
PTI blackmailers at work!

they didn't banned it or attack it. they have the right to bycott it . how is against freedom of media?
everyone knows geo is favouring PMLN. u could ask any neutral person . Only few have the balls to say it .

they didn't banned it or attack it. they have the right to bycott it . how is against freedom of media?
everyone knows geo is favouring PMLN. u could ask any neutral person . Only few have the balls to say it .
Sir Patari's are very active today ... its better to just ignore them

Probably a boycott for third or fourth time. Never mind these attention seeking crybabies.

i'm just a ordinary citizen nothing to do with politics but there are programs like Jerga where Saleem Safi has nothing except to criticize Imran Khan in his every episode ...........on live courage, the press conferences of P T I are cut short.today when Imran was just announcing the statement of boycotting Geo, replaced ,just like before and many more times. everyone knows geo is favouring PMLN and trying to prove that Imran and Nwaz are on the same boot like ھم تو ڈوبیں ہیں صنم and Imran too is not a Sadiq o Ameen ,.

People saying Geo is biased, have you seen ARY? :wacko: They have lost all credibility. Geo in fact keep balance which is why PTI doesn't like them.
ARY, SAMAA, 92HD and Bol are perfectly just channels :lol:

i'm just a ordinary citizen nothing to do with politics but there are programs like Jerga where Saleem Safi has nothing except to criticize Imran Khan in his every episode ...........on live courage, the press conferences of P T I are cut short.today when Imran was just announcing the statement of boycotting Geo, replaced ,just like before and many more times. everyone knows geo is favouring PMLN and trying to prove that Imran and Nwaz are on the same boot like ھم تو ڈوبیں ہیں صنم and Imran too is not a Sadiq o Ameen ,.

Saleem Safi is against NS as well but it doesn't matter right? How can anyone be against IK and be human at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom