What's new

Protest in Shanghai after unexplained death of detainee

JayAtl

BANNED
Reaction score
PUDONG_2714788b.jpg

Shanghai authorities were left floundering for an explanation after a man who had campaigned against the city government died an hour after the police detained him.

Shen Yong was one of the vast number of Shanghai residents displaced by the city's boom; his house was demolished six years ago to make way for a new development.

At the time, roughly 80,000 houses were being knocked down each year as the city transformed itself.

Ever since he had proved a thorn in the side of the authorities, petitioning for the return of his property and refusing to leave another house that he shared with his 80-year-old mother.

Early on Thursday morning, policemen and management officers from the property compound arrived at the house, handcuffed Mr Shen and led him away, according to a friend of his family. His mother was driven in a separate car.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ghai-after-unexplained-death-of-detainee.html

after detaining, jailing and sending many to education camps for simply voicing opinions- now the Chinese have resorted to quickly killing off people who complain wrong doing. o_O

The 50 cent army to come in and defend in 10...9...

height of desperation from Chinese officials.... anyhow the man should have known that Chinese do not have the right to speak...

he should have known this simple thing. I think its clearly the Man's mistake. I think the Man was CIA and RAW agent :Dand wanted to create riots in China. :)

after detaining, jailing and sending many to education camps for simply voicing opinions- now the Chinese have resorted to quickly killing off people who complain wrong doing. o_O

No, these people died from other causes...

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...-picking-at-acne/story-e6frg6so-1225890912879
Yu died in Gaocun town, Wendeng City, Shandong province. His family found small holes in his chest, which the detention centre claimed were caused by his picking at acne.

Other such cases included:

l A 57 year old man who died "by showering" in the Danzhou Number One Detention Centre on Hainan island. Police later said he was beaten to death when he refused to undress and shower.

l Wen Longhui, a 20-year-old man in Fuzhou Number Two Detention Centre in Fujian, was said to have died when he fell out of bed as a result of sudden illness.

l Li Wenyan, in Jiujiang Detention Centre in Jiangxi, died "after having a nightmare".

l A Fuzhou student named Chen died in the Fuqing Public Order Lock-up in Fujian because, police said, "his sleeping position was improper".

l Shaanxi woman Wang Huixia died after 20 hours of non-stop questioning due to "agitation and anxiety".

l A man died in the Gong'an County lock-up in Jingzhou, Hubei, from "drowning in the face-washing basin".
Acne can kill ya...

I understand that ordinary day living have its hazards, but under the Chinese government, those hazards increased exponentially.

^^^ Terrorist suspect detainees killed by not moving their lips in the so called extrajudicial measure.

Nothing happens in China even there are protests for police crimes, CCP is like GOD to them.

I think you are taking things a little too far with trolling the Chinese. The India-China troll-fest has been unbearable lately in this forum. I think its time you guys (both you and your Chinese counerparts in this forum) grow up and deal with a little bit of maturity.

Back
Top Bottom