What's new

‘Proof of great friendship’: China to send Pakistan another $1.3 billion

LOL. Childish sentence construction.
Enjoy your Indian English, you fools have so much pride thinking you excel in your masters languange, LOL. Taking up English argument just to cover up your evil being exposed.

what is the interest rate and what is the payback period?

This loan is being given by ICBC and not the Chinese government. While Chinese govt controls the majority of shares, ICBC also has private shareholders - so I am sure the loan would have been given on commercial terms.

Its a most unnatural of alliances, based purely on current day convenience and a convergence of regional geopolitical goals but I'm afraid its a losing bet. Pak today are, unfortunately, stuck in quicksand... China is the devil's helping hand.

Idiot IK is to blame for putting all their eggs in the Chinese basket and joining that other 'quad'

China, DPRK, Iran, Pakistan ... good luck out there.

big daddy China will be fine, the rest, however.... :|

oh well

I have a different take on it here. I believe China is doing its role as a friend cum ally to Pakistan as it is supposed to be. Usually, China does not showcase or publicize its support to any of its supporters through media like Western nations..But it is the faultline with Pakistan and its stakeholders who do not know, how to get the best out of your friend who really needs to help you.
Pakistan has a lot of issues that are quite internal in nature..But they always try to sugarcoat and shy away from admitting their limitations by having some fancy reason like India is the eternal enemy, the West is behind their nuclear weapon and so many filmy stories...But the truth is Pakistan is not really generating anything for the world economy to be considered worthwhile by any nation except hiring their Army for some security stuff..

But I agree with you that Pakistan and China are unnatural alliances...It is just like Pakistan do not have any other source through which they will get any support so they keep on telling higher than Himalayan story to their public...But for China, Pakistan is just like another NK, Myanmar or maybe Vietnam...Pakistan should learn from Vietnam or East Asian countries how they have benefitted from their relationship with China rather than focussing on silly fighter planes...

So a total 'no riders' freebie loan without expecting to be paid back, even without any interest ?

My oh my, such benevolence !
What do you know about it, Indian? You've never had a sweeter than honey relationship, have you?

I have a different take on it here. I believe China is doing its role as a friend cum ally to Pakistan as it is supposed to be. Usually, China does not showcase or publicize its support to any of its supporters through media like Western nations..But it is the faultline with Pakistan and its stakeholders who do not know, how to get the best out of your friend who really needs to help you.
Pakistan has a lot of issues that are quite internal in nature..But they always try to sugarcoat and shy away from admitting their limitations by having some fancy reason like India is the eternal enemy, the West is behind their nuclear weapon and so many filmy stories...But the truth is Pakistan is not really generating anything for the world economy to be considered worthwhile by any nation except hiring their Army for some security stuff..

But I agree with you that Pakistan and China are unnatural alliances...It is just like Pakistan do not have any other source through which they will get any support so they keep on telling higher than Himalayan story to their public...But for China, Pakistan is just like another NK, Myanmar or maybe Vietnam...Pakistan should learn from Vietnam or East Asian countries how they have benefitted from their relationship with China rather than focussing on silly fighter planes...
Dekho, China are predatory in how they conduct business.. as one should be, apna fayda dekhne ka but not necessarily to the detriment of others. That's just how business works... but a benevolent power they are NOT. No bhai-chara there, just pure business, that's just how the Chinese are.

I say unnatural because culturally:

godless efficiency (China) vs faith is sufficient/all (Pakistan) .. you know the score

Chinese civilization is also far east based:

China.jpg

so zaahir si baat hai ki natural waaley talukat nahi hai.. Chinese are a far eastern civilization.. Taiwan, Japan, The Koreas.. unki cultural linkages wahan se hai, unka main strategic calculus bhi east me hai.

China essentially throws them crumbs, strategic game ke chakkar m.

and before people jump on my post and say "India has jumped into the west's lap" .. na ji, kaddi ni :tsk:

lajawaab balanced foreign policy chala rahe hain Indian leaders... its also to do with nobody having enough leverage to pull us in any "camp" .. Russia bhi, US/west bhi.. nobody dare dictate.

FCR5DUYWQAEHApp.jpg

What do you know about it, Indian? You've never had a sweeter than honey relationship, have you?
hoti thi ek time pe Soviets ke saath

They say a hot curry burns you twice.
Same can be said about Pak-China friendship... More Indians commenting on this thread which doesn't even relates to them proves their dilemma of BAT actions on LOC and the CLUB swinging on LAC.
Now that is burning at both ends.

Once Gora said, when someone owes China millions, they have a problem, when some owes China Billions, China has a problem.

Remember when someone own you 30 billion or so, it better to roll over the their loan than force them to go default and restructure and write off their debt. :D

ICBC is a commercial bank and is also looking after it’s Interest.

Of course China expects borrowers to pay China back, but China never squeezed Pakistan to pay back the money when Pakistan is obviously not able to do so. the realtions between the two countries is not only about money.
You were forcing Pakistan to pay back $328M for power plants that you had built even last month (https://www.brecorder.com/news/40224806). This is the worst time to take money out of Pakistan & you are talking about not squeezing them.

This is the worst form of exploitation. You made their politician borrow money to construct infrastructure with your own companies as contractors. In democracies politicians love to do this as it gets them re-elected (& also creates opportunities for corruption). If the country is strong financially then unviable investments are somehow managed but if you are already weak then these lead to economic disaster.

So, Pakistan is essentially now being squeezed for infrastructure investment that it did to give you the option of a western trade route so that if you decide to indulge in wars your supplies don't get affected (power plants are part of this larger project). I never understood that if this is a strategic investment for China why is it that only Pakistan is paying for it (& that too at higher than market interest rates and at a time when it's forex reserves are dangerously low!). Ideally either you should have shared the cost or given total amnesty if you are a true friend.

Back
Top Bottom