What's new

Featured Project Azm: Pakistan's Ambitious Quest to Develop 5th Generation Military Technologies.

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) @JamD , what can be Pakistan's role in this project?
Super stealthy paint of green and white....
On a serious note, we might have a better go at the AESA radar due to our closeness to China.
Materials too, many members here have been posting about how we've done fairly good in that regards.

Deep down, I still wish that Pakistan would go its own way. Building a fighter that is truly Pakistani in its name. But I know reality won't be kind to that.

How do you get the idea Pakistan will take only one type of stealth fighter? J31 is much near the completion and some sources say it is almost ready. While the TF-X/TPF-XX/JF-XX has still has a long way to go. J31 is a strong contender for PAF's next stealth fighter until TF-X is ready.

I agree - I dont think we can discount PAF operating both types - TFX that is customised to PAF needs with local build and J-35/21 as an off the shelf solution to get economies of scale. I dont see TFX being cheap given Turkish labour costs, etc. I dont think cost is the issue in this case - as if it was - then China has economies of scale that means it will be a cheaper solution.

This is the end of both French and USA fast jet platforms in the PAF for the next generation.

TFX will give access to western technologies and allow PAF to keep it feet in both camps. This does rule out PAF joining Tempest one day( I have my fingers crossed on that, however improbable that wish is ... ).

Pakistani awam suffers from short term memory loss:

View attachment 817556
ACM Sohail Aman in 2017:

"We are integrating our technology with friendly countries, including Turkey. We are thinking of producing the next-generation aircraft by pooling resources with them. For this, the basic framework and agreements have been made.
The baseline is that we have to develop high-end technology ourselves. Of course, the American and Western technologies are better, but if it is unavailable, then we have to make the best use of our own capabilities and our friends."
"I consider it a breach of promise on their part because the United States promised to co-fund this operation (as part of its foreign military assistance). They didn’t adhere to this promise, which is very sad. As a responsible nation, you don’t do this. American funding for F-16s would have been a win-win situation for both.
While that happened, we kept looking at other options. I think we have some of the leading options both in China and Russia. We are also collaborating with Turkey for developing a next generation aircraft."
BTW, in this same interview, ACM Sohail Aman also said:

"Pakistan definitely has to induct new aircraft. We have both Chinese and Russian options."

Seeing how the PAF got the J-10CE, I think we can take the CAS' word quite seriously.

1645542405514.png

great news for Pakistan and turkey combining their resources to work for a new fighter. Both will have the option to buy Chinese now having similar problems and similar restrictions from the west.

Gentlemen: A thread in regard to Pakistan Turkiye collaboration into TFX for PAF NGF, has been created.

You are all requested to continue your discussion, share updates & news on the provided link. This thread will remain lock for diversion of particular discussion to the dedicated thread or unless, a new development to be posted here only.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom