What's new

Princeton Concludes What Kind of Government America Really Has, and It's Not a Democracy

Nahh I am not prejudice...I aint living in that country so cant really be bothered but would really like to hear other's views and hence the provoking questions...

I hate govt worshipers from any country!

Yes, you are. And your posting pattern speaks loudly about your bother. No matter, please do carry on! :D

Yes, you are. And your posting pattern speaks loudly about your bother. No matter, please do carry on! :D
By you saying so wont make me!

Thank you for unnecessary permission for something I was already doing! :D

By you saying so wont make me!

Thank you for unnecessary permission for something I was already doing! :D

Your denying your prejudices won't make them go away either.

Please do carry on! :D

An interesting fact about US systems of governance is the importance of State governments. After all, these are the units that give the union its strength.

An interesting fact about US systems of governance is the importance of State governments. After all, these are the units that give the union its strength.
That I agree!

Your denying your prejudices won't make them go away either.

Please do carry on! :D
You pointing it out wont make it (that doesnt exist but for the sake of argument...) go away..

That I agree!

You pointing it out wont make it (that doesnt exist but for the sake of argument...) go away..

I wonder how an analysis of the State governemnts would look like according to the OP?

"The US does provide much more power to the individual states than most other nations provide to their administrative units. States control most aspects of law within their borders, and have a very large influence on health and family policy. These powers are typically considered to be protected by the 10th Amendment to the US Constitution, which claims that powers not granted to the national government are reserved for the individual states."

Princeton Concludes What Kind of Government America Really Has, and It's Not a Democracy

We already know that. It doesn't take a prestige school to come to that conclusion.
In fact, there not a single country on this planet that is governed by real democracy.

I wonder how ana analysis of the State governemnts would look like according to the OP?

"The US does provide much more power to the individual states than most other nations provide to their administrative units. States control most aspects of law within their borders, and have a very large influence on health and family policy. These powers are typically considered to be protected by the 10th Amendment to the US Constitution, which claims that powers not granted to the national government are reserved for the individual states."
I have no question about the set up my initial question was regarding who comes to power and how? More on the contributors to campaigns...even state leaders and senators are elected and that to due to campaigns do they get votes...again the contributors of the campaigns ...

First convened in 1789, the composition and powers of the Senate are established in Article One of the U.S. Constitution. Each U.S. state is represented by two senators, regardless of population, who serve staggered six-year terms.
the people elect them...but who bills the campaigns to make them reach the position where people can elect them?

We already know that. It doesn't take a prestige school to come to that conclusion.
In fact, there not a single country on this planet that is governed by real democracy.
However, we can see the denial set on this very thread :D

Then again in today's world there really isnt any true democracy!

Still....it's good that the guys at Princeton finely got a handle on what I learned in grade school.

In another important study, the same group showed that it gets dark when the sun sets. The causes are being studied still.

Another group is looking into the causes and effects of sunrise.

:D

In addition to States' Rights, any discussion about the US system of governance must include the Electoral College and its importance:

Electoral College (United States) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So only a set of people are chosen to choose the President...

The United States Electoral College is the institution that officially elects the President and Vice President of the United States every four years. The President and Vice President are not elected directly by the voters. Instead, they are elected by "electors" who are chosen by popular vote on a state-by-state basis.

So much for democracy :D

In another important study, the same group showed that it gets dark when the sun sets. The causes are being studied still.

Another group is looking into the causes and effects of sunrise.

:D
you sure it was that simple? And not them studying other phenomena? Like say the cause the earth is rotating in the motion it is and not the other direction?

BTW, is there a proper study of the effects of sunrise?

So only a set of people are chosen to choose the President...

So much for democracy :D

This system was put in place for very good reasons, and the results speak for themselves.

Perhaps you missed this part?

"The constitutional theory behind the indirect election of both the President and Vice President of the United States is that while the Congress is popularly elected by the people, the President and Vice President are elected to be executives of a federation of independent states."

This system was put in place for very good reasons, and the results speak for themselves.

Perhaps you missed this part?

"The constitutional theory behind the indirect election of both the President and Vice President of the United States is that while the Congress is popularly elected by the people, the President and Vice President are elected to be executives of a federation of independent states."
But it is the Presidents who makes all the plans and has the power...so basically what Princeton said applies! Basically it is not democracy if the people are not choosing the leader (president) simple :D

But it is the Presidents who makes all the plans and has the power...so basically what Princeton said applies! Basically it is not democracy if the people are not choosing the leader (president) simple :D

Presidents answer to the Congress as part of the system of checks and balances.

Murrikans do not choose a "leader". They determine how they are governed by this system with proven success. The President is only the CEO.

Presidents answer to the Congress as part of the system of checks and balances.

Murrikans do not choose a "leader". They determine how they are governed by this system with proven success. The President is only the CEO.
How is that when they dont even choose the representative who is going to govern them!

They also have no say in the pentagon where all important decisions happen! so basically not a democracy...yes the system is modified and has its plus but why turn a blind eye at the obvious?! :unsure:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom