Press TV correspondent killed in Turkey

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTanem

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Turkey

Press TV’s correspondent in Turkey, Serena Shim, has been killed in a suspicious car accident near the Turkey-Syria border.

Shim was killed on Sunday as she was on a working mission in Turkey to cover the ongoing war in the strategic Syrian town of Kobani.

She was going back to her hotel from a report scene in the city of Suruç in Turkey's Urfa Province when their car collided with a heavy vehicle. The identity and whereabouts of the truck driver remain unknown.

Shim, an American citizen of Lebanese origin, covered reports for Press TV in Lebanon, Iraq, and Ukraine.

On Friday, she told Press TV that the Turkish intelligence agency had accused her of spying probably due to some of the stories she has covered about Turkey’s stance on the ISIL terrorists in Kobani and its surroundings, adding that she feared being arrested.

Shim said she was among the few journalists obtaining stories of militants infiltrating into Syria through the Turkish border, adding that she had received images from militants crossing the Turkish border into Syria in World Food Organization and other NGOs’ trucks.

Shim flatly rejected accusations against her, saying she was “surprised” at this accusation “because I have nothing to hide and I have never done anything aside my job.”

Kobani and its surroundings have been under attack since mid-September, with the ISIL militants capturing dozens of nearby Kurdish villages.

Turkey has been accused of backing ISIL militants in Syria.

Source: PressTV - Press TV reporter in Turkey killed in suspicious car accident

Inna lillah wa inna ilahi rajioon. My condolences to her family, Iranians and the Muslim Ummah.

I believe she was killed because of the photos she had. She proved that "Turkish" regime helps the insurgents like ISIS in Syria and she covered many other stories. That is why she was killed.

And not only that, the previous mayor of the town (Suruç, Urfa, Turkey) which she was in, Salih Tekinalp, was also assassinated along with his son yesterday.

suruc-eski-belediye-baskani-Salih-Tekinalp.jpg

Source: Suruç’un eski belediye başkanı ve oğlu öldürüldü | Halk Haber

These guys knew too much. And they tried to protect those who knew too much. Maybe they were going to speak about Serena's death as well.

I believe MIT ("Turkish" intelligence agency) is assassinating anyone who can reveal the truth.

Turkey has been accused of backing ISIL militants in Syria.
Accused by whom, Iranian mullah propaganda tv?

Press TV’s correspondent in Turkey, Serena Shim, has been killed in a suspicious car accident near the Turkey-Syria border.
Every year 20'000 people in Iran die in suspicious car accidents.

nna lillah wa inna ilahi rajioon. My condolences to her family, Iranians and the Muslim Ummah.
I believe she was killed because of the photos she had. She proved that "Turkish" regime helps the insurgents like ISIS in Syria and she covered many other stories. That is why she was killed.
And not only that, the previous mayor of the town (Suruç, Urfa, Turkey) which she was in, Salih Tekinalp, was also assassinated along with his son yesterday.
Source: Suruç’un eski belediye başkanı ve oğlu öldürüldü | Halk Haber
These guys knew too much. And they tried to protect those who knew too much. Maybe they were going to speak about Serena's death as well.
I believe MIT ("Turkish" intelligence agency) is assassinating anyone who can reveal the truth.

Watched too much "Homeland"......:disagree:

Also, about the "super secret photos she had"..... we are not living in 90s bro. You can upload them instantly in this era.... and here your assumption goes down the drain.

accidents happen....sometimes its just coincidence. Sometimes its not

the ISIL/ISIS theater in Iraq/Syria has been destabilizing for many countries within and in the region....Turkiye is obviously affected by all this too. Its a proxy playground. ISIS and PKK threat is existing.

Accused by whom, Iranian mullah propaganda tv?
Every year 20'000 people in Iran die in suspicious car accidents.

1- By everyone sane.
2- But not right after they are threatened.

@mods

needs to be moved to Middle Eastern section, or Turkish section.:rofl:

What are you laughing? Is there something funny?

And I did not try to start the thread in Turkish section, because 1- The killed woman is Iranian 2- I think I got a ban in that subforum.

Some bigots can not stand their kin speak the truth when it hurts.

Watched too much "Homeland"......:disagree:

Also, about the "super secret photos she had"..... we are not living in 90s bro. You can upload them instantly in this era.... and here your assumption goes down the drain.

I am not a kid to watch that kind of garbage, like Homeland, 24 or their copy-cat Turkish version "Kurtlar Vadisi". Maybe it is you who watch those stuff.

I am speaking the truth. And we have witnessed it in the 90's also (that's when you were in the cradle maybe?). MIT (Turkish intelligence agency) killed everyone in the south-eastern region of Turkey who spoke the truth. Whether directly or via terrorist organizations such as Hizbul-contra (today's Hüda-par) which army generals admitted to have founded them.

Lastly, as I said earlier, I am more patriot than yourselves. But, I am not going to support the actions of the "Turkish" government when it betrays my nation and the Muslim ummah. I stand up against it.

All the troubles in the North Africa and the Middle East is because of Erdoğan and his gangs.

Erdoğan admitted many times that he is working for America's "Great" North Africa and Middle East project in the region. And that he is one of the pioneers in this. See:

And he is working to destroy Syria through supporting ISIS.. And later to support Barzani and Apo and others..

And it seems that they are willing to kill every sane person who stand against and speak of this treason. Whether the sane people are of the poor TV reporters or even mayors of the nation.

And YOU ALL forgot to speak on the assassination of Salih Tekinalp and his son. They were also killed in Turkey, on the same day, for they spoke of the treason of the "Turkish" government.

Last edited:
I am not a kid to watch that kind of garbage, like Homeland, 24 or their copy-cat Turkish version "Kurtlar Vadisi". Maybe it is you who watch those stuff.
Yeah, i watch them. With the millions of people. :)

I am speaking the truth. And we have witnessed it in the 90's also (that's when you were in the cradle maybe?). MIT killed everyone in the region who spoke the truth. Whether directly or by organizations such as Hizbul-contra (today's Hüda-par) and etc.
"Spoke the truth".... ??? Whose truth ? Yours ?

Those were the times my friend... When Osman Pamukoğlu breaked the back of PKK. If Erdoğan sustained that policy there wouldn't be a PKK today. But instead of taking war to mount kandil. He prefed to make cheap policy by saying "Zero Terror."

Lastly, as I said earlier, I am more patriot that yourselves. But, I am not going to support the government's actions when it betrays my nation and the Muslim ummah. I stand up against it.
Yeap, you are a patriotic Iranian.... i have no brother like you.

All the troubles in the North Africa and the Middle East is because of Erdoğan and his gangs.
Said so little....you should have said all of the misfortunes in the world belongs to Erdoğan.

And he is working to destroy Syria through supporting ISIS.. And later to support Barzani and Apo and others..
We are not supporting ISIS. As i said to others, you can't show me a single proof that Turkey supports ISIS. All you can do is to repeat the same sentence like a parrot.

nd it seems that they are willing to kill every sane person who stand against this treason.
:rolleyes:

And YOU ALL forgot to speak on the assassination of Salih Tekinalp and his son. They were also killed in Turkey, the same day for they spoke of the treason of the government.
Those things are common in the east. Esspecially among rival major canditates.

If you say so, Erdoğan should kill Kılıçdaroğlu and Demirtaş....they are also saying the same thing (Withour any proof ofcourse.)

Ohh the irony.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Akşam akşam hiç gülceğim yoktu valla helal olsun. Çuk dedi oturdu...... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Our Turkish brothers know how to look after their national interests and that's why Turkey is the most successful and the progressive Muslim country today.

Please tell me what those "national interests" are? I really want to know. And I don't see an interest in this supporting the cannibals. They are destroying a neighbour country. Soon, these captain cavemen will start to behead people in Turkey also. What is the national interest in this?

Please tell me what those "national interests" are? I really want to know. And I don't see an interest in this supporting the cannibals. They are destroying a neighbour country. Soon, these captain cavemen will start to behead people in Turkey also. What is the national interest in this?

Stop repeating the same words and show me a proof about Turkey supporting ISIS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom