What's new

President Zardari to go on 4-day visit to China

Why does the U.S. have a huge military base in Qatar?
Why does the U.S. promote capitalism and democracy and sometimes even forces it upon other nations with military might?
Why this why that, there are so many questions I could ask aswell, and I could also ask, where does the world draw it's line when it comes to the U.S., it's influence and it's policy.
China having acces to Gwadar Sea Port is probably arranged and negotiated even before the Chinese helped us with it, also, it's a strategic decision to give China acces because India will most likely not be too fond of it.

I agree, everything India is not fond of, is Pakistan's best interst.

:welcome: to the Arabian Sea China :china:

here comes the troll

Thanks 4 taking it in the right spirit!!!

That is what friends are for. and that is what friendship is all about, Indians on this forum may not know the meaning of friendship, but we the Pakistanis do.

First of all, you started it with the Indians and Pakistani definitions.

Secondly, friendship does not mean expecting favors from the other, at least not to me. I term it as a parasitic mentality. If expectation has started creeping in, friendship had already run out of the window!!

Well beyond that, assume they asked for military bases in your country Or ask to place Chinese nuclear missiles on Pakistani soil Or adopt Communism. Where do you draw the line? Or, can you draw a line considering everything China has done for Pakistan?

Somehow; this coming from an American is incredibly ironic.

The U.S. has military bases all around the world, placing dangerous offensive weapons in foreign nations.

It's okay for the U.S. to place Jupiter missiles in Turkey that can hit Moscow but when the USSR returns the favor by placing missiles in Cuba that can target D.C., it's an international uproar? Pot, meet kettle.

When the U.S. promised to stop further expansion of NATO after the dismantling of the Warsaw pact, did it happen? No, you lied and NATO expansion grew aggressively.

When you removed democratically elected leaders of South America you didn't like with dictators you liked, did you stop to think that maybe you are attacking democracy itself?

When you gladly accepted Kosovo's independence from Serbia, did you stop to think that maybe you should support South Ossetia and Abhikza's independence too (whose people have voted overwhelmingly for independence)? I'll bet it didn't feel too good when Russia invaded Georgia (whom you like) using the same terms you used prior to the invasion of Iraq, such as "regime-change" and "nation-building."

Communism in China passed away along with Chairman Mao, and China is finding its own path in the 21st century. We will continue to support Pakistan, but will never engage in any activities that will erode Pakistan's sovereingty or interfere in its internal affairs.

China is always willing to extend a hand to those who believe in mutual respect.

Somehow; this coming from an American is incredibly ironic.

The U.S. has military bases all around the world, placing dangerous offensive weapons in foreign nations.

It's okay for the U.S. to place Jupiter missiles in Turkey that can hit Moscow but when the USSR returns the favor by placing missiles in Cuba that can target D.C., it's an international uproar? Pot, meet kettle.

When the U.S. promised to stop further expansion of NATO after the dismantling of the Warsaw pact, did it happen? No, you lied and NATO expansion grew aggressively.

When you removed democratically elected leaders of South America you didn't like with dictators you liked, did you stop to think that maybe you are attacking democracy itself?

When you gladly accepted Kosovo's independence from Serbia, did you stop to think that maybe you should support South Ossetia and Abhikza's independence too (whose people have voted overwhelmingly for independence)? I'll bet it didn't feel too good when Russia invaded Georgia (whom you like) using the same terms you used prior to the invasion of Iraq, such as "regime-change" and "nation-building."

Communism in China passed away along with Chairman Mao, and China is finding its own path in the 21st century. We will continue to support Pakistan, but will never engage in any activities that will erode Pakistan's sovereingty or interfere in its internal affairs.

China is always willing to extend a hand to those who believe in mutual respect.

You call these actions examples of American duplicity, perhaps you are right. But, I am in no position to judge since I was not privy to the intricacies of the crisis at hand. But I have every confidence that these actions were taken and will continue to be taken by my leaders to protect American interests.
Now back to the discussion on Pakistan – China relations, are you able to tell us what China’s long term goals are with regard to Pakistan? Surely, China’s motives are not purely altruistic.

You call these actions examples of American duplicity, perhaps you are right. But, I am in no position to judge since I was not privy to the intricacies of the crisis at hand. But I have every confidence that these actions were taken and will continue to be taken by my leaders to protect American interests.
Now back to the discussion on Pakistan – China relations, are you able to tell us what China’s long term goals are with regard to Pakistan? Surely, China’s motives are not purely altruistic.

chinese too are protecting their own interests

My understanding is that China’s long-term interest in Pakistan is to have a peaceful and prosperous Pakistan. Since this is in the best interest of the people of China and Pakistan.

More general, China’s long-term interest in SA is to have a peaceful and prosperous SA. Since this is in the best interest of the people of China and SA countries.

China is not USA. China will not export its ideology to other countries, much less through peaceful subversion, or violent coup, or military invasion, or CIA sponsored color revolutions, or paying local people for street demonstrations, or any other wonderful US inventions of the kind … China will only share the fruits of its 5000+ years civilization with the rest of the world – and its totally people’s taste to take it or not.

Back
Top Bottom