What's new

Prahaar missile test fired successfully

How did you deduce that?
But whatever it is this missile rocks.

Because in video you watch that The Missile didn't go too high but it seemed that it cruised towards the target.
by the way I am not an expert it may be purely Ballistic or may Quasi B:toast_sign:

The missile is really very fast. The fastest I have seen so far. Within few seconds of launch it disappear in the cloud. May be because it is based on endo atmospheric anti-ballistic missile. Very fast reaction.

I recommend that you watch Pakistan's Abdali missile test video...the one in which the missile is painted in Maroon.

I recommend that you watch Pakistan's Abdali missile test video...the one in which the missile is painted in Maroon.

DAAAMMMMMN!!!!!!!!!!................... that was fast

:lol:

jk..

Last edited by a moderator:
congrats DRDO :cheers:

BTW can some one tell me how many prahar missiles will join INDIAN missile forces?

Intially 2 regiments will be inducted after couple more tests and evaluating the beast hitting its targets at different ranges with different warheads.
BDL is considering the mass production of AAD which ofcourse has 90% commanality with Prahaar except mission computer,seekers and warheads.
So when ABM gets inducted, Prahaar will be inducted on the side as well. This also acts as a counterweight to confuse enemy which is AAD battery Vs Prahaar

Since PAD is a stop gap measure with limited induction, AAD induction will compensate untill PDV gets ready for Induction.
Lol... just realising how 250-350km range tactical SSM will be fullfilled? It might be a derivative of PDV right from begining itself. This way IA can completely take control of tactical ones and giving some space to nuclear prithvis ofcourse SS-250 and 350 ones. While SS-150s will be continues to use for testing others sub-systems.

As of today, there are over 500 Prithvi-150`s.IA is desperate of using that invetory, so that new ones can be inducted in numbers.Incase of anywar with PAK, IA will be emptying its warehouses of P-I`s.

Hope you Indian guys have celebrated your successful test.You should really enjoy this occasion because you guys get such chance once in 10 tests.Any way congratulate.My dears, we don't need to worry as Nasr is already been tested.so better be away and don not come with in 60 km range.you never know what will be waiting for you.:cool:

That's excellent! However, just a couple of points.

Firstly, do our politicians have the balls to give a 'go' for a Cold Start' if there's another attack by proxy by Pakistan? Simple answer - NO!

You seems to be pretty confident...but how do you know that??? It would be very hard to justify no-action as well....

Secondly, the wherewithal required for a cold start is not yet in place. We are still scouting around for state of the art mobile artillery, new APCs, signal communications, mobile air defence batteries co-opted with combat groups and other resources required to operate swiftly over desert terrain.
And??? How does above negate the benefits this missile will bring in???

Another vital issue is maintaining air superiority over the theater of ops where the 'deep strike' forces are operating, for an extended period. This is going to be fairly difficult considering that the Pak Air Force is no push over! And then there's the vulnerability of logistics nodes and supply lines projecting into the adversary's territory.

Air-superiority over limited theater of battle field might be a difficult task but not impossible....IAF main task is to save India troops from pounding by PAF...Given that we are not going too deep in Pakistan for some reason it does not sound as difficult as you are making it sound....Mind it i am not disgracing PAF here...no doubt they are no push over....

Cold Start - easier said than done! Even if we introduce the Prahaar!

Prahaar is one of the steps that will give teeth to COld Start....b/w we don't even understand fully what Cold-Start actually means....We are just going by opinions....Our Top-Brass even say there is no such doctorine....

Hope you Indian guys have celebrated your successful test.You should really enjoy this occasion because you guys get such chance once in 10 tests.Any way congratulate.My dears, we don't need to worry as Nasr is already been tested.so better be away and don not come with in 60 km range.you never know what will be waiting for you.:cool:

this is just your 6th comment and i am afraid you are trolling...There is no point in talking about senseless things....NASR and PRAHAAR are tactical missiles and will be used againt the adversary....If i go by your logic then prahaar would have already taken everything out because of its bigger range before our troops comes within so-called 60 km range....In short these d!ck measuring comments don't take you anywhere...

NASR is a deterrant to our troops and Prahaar is for yours...Probably such deterrants will make peace even more important that what it is right now....

India's Agni-1 is fast like that. Shaurya is faster and AAD fastest because it is lower-tier of the ABM. All endo atmospheric ABMs are very fast , faster than others. AAD uses jet vanes for control operations without any loss of energy.

you guys badly needed this 150 range but we do have other options in the form of hataf series with various ranges starting from 100km to 2500km.So if I consider your rage point ...you will be wipe out before moving and starting cold start.Just celebrate don't take to heart.any aggressive approach will be answered properly.So better live and let the others live else you better know...:toast_sign:

you guys badly needed this 150 range but we do have other options in the form of hataf series with various ranges starting from 100km to 2500km.So if I consider your rage point ...you will be wipe out before moving and starting cold start.Just celebrate don't take to heart.any aggressive approach will be answered properly.So better live and let the others live else you better know...:toast_sign:

Don't derail the thread .... and yes we will wait to be wiped out , whatever makes you happy .... now go troll somewhere else :argh:

On topic : Single-digit CEP , mass produced , ripple-mode ballistic missiles are quite a deterrent in the conventional battlefield , wishing DRDO all the best for this missile's future development.

we really dont know what will be waiting for us..please enlighten us cause during OBL raid also nothing was waiting for US marines...

Back
Top Bottom