What's new

Prahaar missile test fired successfully

Ooops! You seem to be all mixed up!

Prahar.jpg

The Israeli EXTRA shown above. Since the IDF had decided to forego the LORA in favour of
the EXTRA, the Indian Army too decided in favour of the EXTRA's design/performance
parameters. Subsequently, a military-industrial cooperation plan was put into effect for producing the
EXTRA in India with 'Indian characteristics', and rechristened PRAHAAR.

The solid-fueled Prahaar surface-to-surface battlefield support missile, is destined to replace about 350-odd existing Prithvi SS-150 liquid-fuelled battlefield interdiction missiles that are now nearing the end of their service lives. The Prahaar will come packed in a six-unit pod configuration on board a high-mobility BEML-TATRA wheeled vehicle housing both a SATCOM-equipped command-and-control shelter as well as a transporter-erector-launcher mechanism designed by Larsen & Toubro.

The Prahar follows a relatively simple three-element design, comprising a warhead in the fore section, propulsion unit, including the solid-fuel rocket motor with a nozzle. The nozzle is encircled by the navigation, flight control and guidance unit, which includes the integrated avionic guidance and flight control section, cruciform tail control surfaces, actuators, related antennas and connectors. The Prahaar can be launched within few minutes, from unprepared positions. In fact, any target whose location is known within the range of the missile can be attacked within less than 10 minutes from the launch decision. Each Prahaar will be housed within a disposable sealed cannister providing a 10-year service-life and very low maintenance costs. The Prahaar will have a range of 150km and carry a 125kg (275lb) warhead.

Launch weight will be about 430kg (990lb), and CEP will be well within 10 metres. Equipped with a fibre-optic gyro-based inertial navigation system combined with a GPS receiver, the Prahaar will use an aft section fitted with stabilising fins and a solid-rocket motor. The warhead section will be built as a modular compartment, designed to carry various types of sub-munitions or a unitary warhead. For example, it will be able to carry up to 400 AT/AP bomblets, scatterable mines, anti-runway munitions and similar loads. The fin-mounted control section will store the guidance and control avionics, driving four flight control surfaces for trajectory shaping.

ThePrahaar has been developed by the DRDO in cooperation with Israel Aircraft Industries (IAI) MLM Systems Integration Division and Israel Military Industries (IMI) Rocket Systems Division as a modular kit.

So there! The Prahaar has nothing in common with the AAD architecture.

Cheers! :cheers:

Don't post Rubbish you nutcase.

You seem to be the second avatar of Chorgupta.

Point any parameter of EXTRA that is identical with Prahaar,

Before posting read what are you posting.

Please put your head out from the place where the sun does not shine.

Don't post Rubbish you nutcase.

You seem to be the second avatar of Chorgupta.
Don't sputter your crap here like an overloaded garbage truck. Looks like that half a brain cell you possess has malfunctioned again. So keep your stupid comments to yourself!

I know Indians are gonna be at my throat for saying what i am gonna say, but by looking at things it seems to be the right thing, even though there is nothing bad in it.

The new missile seems to be a diicckk measuring contest as usual between the two countries, as the missile is in reality the Indian AAD missile, which has been tweaked to become a SSM, an easy step. This is not a new missile. Pakistan did the Al Nasr test and claimed that its a tactical battlefield missile, Indians couldn't sit idle, so they came up with the new tactical missile being the Parhaar developed from AAD.

Before you guys jump up to my throats, do see the pic of AAD and compare it with the new one, ditto copy. And its a good thing as now its gonna make Pakistanis to think about something to get in the 100-200KM range, which we lack.

Indian AAD missile:

DRDO mentioned that the missile is based on AAD , modified for precision attack , quick reaction surface to surface missile.

Prahaar missile was under development for more than two years. No country can come out with a missile with in two months. Its impossible. It is not easy. Note the accuracy is less than 10 m. It is similar to US ATACMS and Israeli Extra missiles not Nasr.

Ooops! You seem to be all mixed up!

So there! The Prahaar has nothing in common with the AAD architecture.

Cheers! :cheers:

STOP POSTING PRASUN CHOR SENGUPTA RUBBISH.

Don't sputter your crap here like an overloaded garbage truck. Looks like that half a brain cell you possess has malfunctioned again. So keep your stupid comments to yourself!

This guy always posting prasun chorgupta's stolen and fancy articles. :rofl:

@rajusri and @orionhunter

Not sure why is the reason for not being civil?? Let's for the argument sake one of you is wrong then what is stopping from correcting other politely??? Such a wonderful thread and you guys are spoiling with spat

@rajusri and @orionhunter

Not sure why is the reason for not being civil?? Let's for the argument sake one of you is wrong then what is stopping from correcting other politely??? Such a wonderful thread and you guys are spoiling with spat

Because the guy orionhunter is always posting prasun chorgupta articles which are against commonly known facts and anti-India bull $hits.

Look at his posts

Because the guy orionhunter is always posting prasun chorgupta articles which are against commonly known facts and anti-India bull $hits.

Look at his posts

buddy...how does it matter...all i am requesting is to keep the profile low...let's enjoy the achievement instead of getting into a spat...b/w this is a discussion forum ...i may be wrong but still have the right to put front my pov...no??

^^^^^

would you stop flaming each other? celebrate over the fact that we tested a hi tech missile successfully don't flame over it

buddy...how does it matter...all i am requesting is to keep the profile low...let's enjoy the achievement instead of getting into a spat...b/w this is a discussion forum ...i may be wrong but still have the right to put front my pov...no??

He is not writing his point of view , he is always posting craps by prasun fake gupta. prasun has just busted after calling Prahaar Israeli Extra but orinhunter is still claming it Extra missile with prasun fakes. lol

Do you guys think that the vehicle could carry 6 Prahaar ? I think Prahar is a bit a bigger...

Prahaar is not a developed missile.. It is a TD demonstrator.. It needs funds to reduce the size and will be more sleeker..

Any way i am impressed with the TD ... it zooms faster than i imagined...

your right bro...it has a different seeker, different guidance, different warhead, different detonation mechanism...you are sooo f$%^ing right ....i never said it was similar ..all i said was it evolved from the AAD missile program ...may be i shoudnt have used the word tweaked... ??

Tarmak007 -- A bold blog on Indian defence: DRDO hopes to impress Army with Prahaar punch; demo launch of tactical missile on July 21
“It is a spin-off programme – a conversion of endo-atmospheric interceptor used for the AD,” sources said.

how do you think it is the same??... We can say this is a spin off program... First of all AAD cant be used as a tactical one.. If the body and engine is same doesnt mean the missile is same.. It needs a different software.. different RV ... different guidance and altogether a different setup...

You cannot say a missile development is like windows OS development..

Secondly this is a TD not the final product.. Ultimately the weight and things will be reduced..

Hopefully they can build upon the success and use the solid fuel knowledge gained by adapting it to various other platforms after increased its range.

Congrats to DRDO !!! :cheers:

Pakistan did the Al Nasr test and claimed that its a tactical battlefield missile, Indians couldn't sit idle, so they came up with the new tactical missile being the Parhaar developed from AAD.

You just can't come up with a missile just like that.

Remember this project was in works for two years. Nasr was tested in April this year.

So please use logic before arriving at your concocted conclusions.

Back
Top Bottom