What's new

Possible solution for the future replacement of Pakistan Navy's P3C Orion

4hpv3.jpg

The plane seems capable but a modified , ZDK chinese plane is probbly better option
27_175723_bdec53378529e58.jpg

The advantage being that with Chinese option we might get more technology and full modification ability based our criteria

The Chinese plane appears operationally , physically some what closer match between Orion and what we need

The biggest plus is that Pakistan and China are working jointly for AWACs platform and most likely the same platform can be used for Marine Time Patrol or even Anti sub/ ship role as Orion alternative

P-3's are not going anywhere for along time .. why do you people dream of such dumb and crazy things PN is happy with it talk about in many years in the future to come i mean really stop wasting thread space.

The thing we need to understand here is we are not going to get anything from US & Europe, unless US says so. The best option for Pakistan is China & it always will be the best option for Pakistan without any doubt. The only thing missing here is good Administrative Govt. it is because of corrupt Governance the relationship is on a very slow track but at least it is on a good track thanks to Pakistan Army “only”.

I hope somebody like Gen. Musharraf or Gen. Musharraf himself rules Pakistan because he did a right thing be staying close to China which was good for Pakistan & to be honest China helped a lot in his time.

Pakistan needs to stay close to China, it is like what China “We cannot help you unless you help yourself”. By staying close to China both countries will benefit from each other specially Pakistan.

P-3's are not going anywhere for along time .. why do you people dream of such dumb and crazy things PN is happy with it talk about in many years in the future to come i mean really stop wating thread space.
Calm down buddy, he was probably just looking for some better option for PN..
He would have opened it because Indian Navy is getting P-8s which are successors of P-3Cs. So its a good thread for discussing the long range maritime plane for PN.. And ZDK is not the better but probably the only option for pakistan, coz it is cheap and chinese..

The advantage being that with Chinese option we might get more technology and full modification ability based our criteria

The Chinese plane appears operationally , physically some what closer match between Orion and what we need

The biggest plus is that Pakistan and China are working jointly for AWACs platform and most likely the same platform can be used for Marine Time Patrol or even Anti sub/ ship role as Orion alternative[/QUOTE]

At this point of time Pakistan is out of funds as top brass says regardless of believable or false statements.

Even with funds Pakistan has limited options. The most Pakistan can do is get more P-3 Orions in the future OR opt for Chinese platform from the point of familiarity compatibility with Y-9 obviously endurance and other aspects needs to be scrutinized.

4hpv3.jpg

The plane seems capable but a modified , ZDK chinese plane is probbly better option
27_175723_bdec53378529e58.jpg

The biggest plus is that Pakistan and China are working jointly for AWACs platform and most likely the same platform can be used for Marine Time Patrol or even Anti sub/ ship role as Orion alternative

you mean to say that apart from P.a.f. 's zdk awacs there is also another awacs programme being designed & developed as a china-Pak joint venture ... ?!? :what:
:pakistan:

We have heard that Pakistan and Chinese engineers are collaborating on AWACs reseach and radar research , then why would they not just instally it a perfectly perfect platform ZDK platform ?

Its tested and has no sanctions , of course the Marine time platform , is certainly different even different weapons system
anti ship missiles on board , and anti submarine detection is different

But the ZDK plane from far looks to me very similar to Orion Hunter , and its speed is perfect as well for loiter around a specific zone as its main objective is to circle around detect Submarines vs lets say a Boeing craft that zooms by too quickly

I am pretty certain with a little engineering , the ZDK can carry "Anti Ship" missiles just as Orion Hunters can
and the space inside is similar to Orion Platform

While we are not changing Orion Program , its ideal that we have our own alternatives in place

5-6 of ZDK , enhanced for Navy would not be bad for surveillance operations as well

What I meant to say was that ZDK would be ideal platform to , restro fit/customize for NAVY

prc-aew-line.gif

A better plane option even is Chinese P3C
Reference
http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistan-navy/141516-chinese-p3c-alternative-pc-3-a.html

1321460273_24740.jpg

At this point of time Pakistan is out of funds as top brass says regardless of believable or false statements.

Even with funds Pakistan has limited options. The most Pakistan can do is get more P-3 Orions in the future OR opt for Chinese platform from the point of familiarity compatibility with Y-9 obviously endurance and other aspects needs to be scrutinized.
Aside from limited funding, like other branches, PN has started a rapid modernization plan which itself would impose financial constraints. With New F-22Ps and FACs joining the fleet, Agostas being upgraded and plans for acquiring more Orions, E-2Cs and Sub, I don't see PN having room for exotic options. With least being allocated to it, PN has been able to do fairly good.

We have heard that Pakistan and Chinese engineers are collaborating on AWACs reseach and radar research , then why would they not just instally it a perfectly perfect platform ZDK platform ?

Its tested and has no sanctions , of course the Marine time platform , is certainly different even different weapons system
anti ship missiles on board , and anti submarine detection is different

But the ZDK plane from far looks to me very similar to Orion Hunter , and its speed is perfect as well for loiter around a specific zone as its main objective is to circle around detect Submarines vs lets say a Boeing craft that zooms by too quickly

I am pretty certain with a little engineering , the ZDK can carry "Anti Ship" missiles just as Orion Hunters can
and the space inside is similar to Orion Platform

While we are not changing Orion Program , its ideal that we have our own alternatives in place

5-6 of ZDK , enhanced for Navy would not be bad for surveillance operations as well

What I meant to say was that ZDK would be ideal platform to , restro fit/customize for NAVY

prc-aew-line.gif
Bahi, ZDK-3 is an AWACs not a maritime patrol. So are the rest shown in your later post
This is the latest Chinese MPA aka Y-8X
y8gx6nov186.jpg

y8gx6nov187.jpg

You can see MAD (Magnetic Anomaly Detector) -more clearly visible in second picture- as boom extending out of its tail. However, it is still underdevelopment with no operational date in sight.

Aside from limited funding, like other branches, PN has started a rapid modernization plan which itself would impose financial constraints. With New F-22Ps and FACs joining the fleet, Agostas being upgraded and plans for acquiring more Orions, E-2Cs and Sub, I don't see PN having room for exotic options. With least being allocated to it, PN has been able to do fairly good.

Bahi, ZDK-3 is an AWACs not a maritime patrol. So are the rest shown in your later post
This is the latest Chinese MPA aka Y-8X
y8gx6nov186.jpg

y8gx6nov187.jpg

You can see MAD (Magnetic Anomaly Detector) -more clearly visible in second picture- as boom extending out of its tail. However, it is still underdevelopment with no operational date in sight.

About 11 of these would be better.

P3 are good. They dont need any replacement.

If PN want better plane than uograde them not replace them caz that cause serious money.

Calm down buddy, he was probably just looking for some better option for PN..
He would have opened it because Indian Navy is getting P-8s which are successors of P-3Cs. So its a good thread for discussing the long range maritime plane for PN.. And ZDK is not the better but probably the only option for pakistan, coz it is cheap and chinese..

I am always calm my friend... alot of people are getting follish with wasting thread space for no reason and for all the dumb reasons.. PN P-3's aren't going any where infact PN is very happy with them plus no more funds are always a big ? so case closed what the hell is there to talk about ? nothing that is what i clearly stated nothing more MODS plzz close this dumb thread about star wars and lets come back to reality 101 .

I am always calm my friend... alot of people are getting follish with wasting thread space for no reason and for all the dumb reason.. PN P-3's aren't going any where infact PN is very happy with them plus no more funds are always a big ? so case cloased what the hell is there to talk about ? nothing that is what i clearly stated nothing more MODS plzz close this dumb thread about star wars and lets come back to reality 101 .

Couldn’t agree more. P-3C is still an excellent long range maritime reconnaissance aircraft capable of carrying more than 25,000 KG load and loiter time in excess of 12 hours (21 hours has been recorded).

Despite being 50 years old frame design, it is in active service with many navies of the world. Eventually these will be replaced by P-8 Poseiden, however US Navy has still more than 100 P-3Cs in service and it is likely to soldier on for at least another 10 years with the USN.

Pak Navy has always been short of funds and it is foolhardy to think of P-3C replacement when surface vessels and submarines are badly needed. IMHO we should not wasting time and effort in discussing its replacement at this juncture.

Thankyou Niaz bhai for helping me clear up the kids minds here ... GOD bless.

Back
Top Bottom