What's new

PMLN Government Complete Failure on Power Generation - Off the Record June 22, 2015

NaMaloom

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Asad Umar of PTI completely dismantled and destroyed PMLN on Power Generation and Electricity Crisis all over the country.. In two years of power, PMLN has done NOTHING but cheap talk over alleviating Pakistan's energy crisis. The lies and deceit of folks like Shahbaz Shareef with his bold, empty claims have been badly exposed.

@SBD-3 @Jazzbot @mr42O @Leader

actually what really went wrong was the gaddani coal project. after that govt really doesnt have much to show..had that project been executed correctly by next june we would have had 6000mw of coal power that would have eased load shedding and helped to end it by 2018
now govt is looking for EXPENSIVE LNG project, even if its completed it will be a temp fix, as LNG is too expensive to be sustainable!

so what went wrong ? govt decided not to invest a penny in ghaddani infrastructure, it required 200 billion rupees in coal jetty and transmission

actually what really went wrong was the gaddani coal project. after that govt really doesnt have much to show..had that project been executed correctly by next june we would have had 6000mw of coal power that would have eased load shedding and helped to end it by 2018
now govt is looking for EXPENSIVE LNG project, even if its completed it will be a temp fix, as LNG is too expensive to be sustainable!

so what went wrong ? govt decided not to invest a penny in ghaddani infrastructure, it required 200 billion rupees in coal jetty and transmission
first of all , availability is the major issue , i would rather support the LNG based power plants because of two reasons
1- it is very simple , low time consuming and easy to get it done projects .
2- set up cost is low as compared to coal power plants .
3- maintenance cost of these plants is lower compared to coal plants.
4 pollution is much less .

That opening by Kashif Abbasi....I think I just fell in love!!! :p

That promise, that song, those visuals...hope the people get in tune with reality now.
one can show visuals, PTI can only talk on the talk shows , Punjab govt is paying attention for power generation , more than 100 billion is allocated for power sector in this budget , how much by KP govt just 3 billion rupees . so end of the day PTI only talks .

thats honestly stupid, why?
we already did that and failed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????

doing the same thing twice we always yield the same result!!!

now those who dont understand DESCO were run on both gas/LNG/oil but poor maintenance means bad efficiency means lower production.

the reason why suddenly from zero lad shedding we went to full blown problem was oil price hitting from 50$ to 150.
instead of learning form it , we are going back to old habits for pure political reasons, PML N has 5 years, it should solve it via coal

the whole porblem revolves around cost , we have 23,000 capacity simply cannot afford the cost, the same will be true with LNG once the prices hit 100 plus dollars

in nutshell there is no permanent fix without coal, hydro and nuclear..anything else is simple BS

govt had great vision but now is running back to pure political motives

Last edited:
CIH7g0PUEAA3uZP.jpg

first of all , availability is the major issue , i would rather support the LNG based power plants because of two reasons
1- it is very simple , low time consuming and easy to get it done projects .
2- set up cost is low as compared to coal power plants .
3- maintenance cost of these plants is lower compared to coal plants.
4 pollution is much less .

one can show visuals, PTI can only talk on the talk shows , Punjab govt is paying attention for power generation , more than 100 billion is allocated for power sector in this budget , how much by KP govt just 3 billion rupees . so end of the day PTI only talks .
PTI can go to hell. Tell me what so called "Experienced" PMLN has done? All talks and bullshit. Have you even watched the program? Where is production of Nandipur? All hyped and advertised, jis par ganjoon ne apni tasveerain lagvayi thi... The overall power generation according to Economic Survey is 2 GigaWatts less than last year.

thats honestly stupid, why?
we already did that and failed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????

doing the same thing twice we always yield the same result!!!

now those who dont understand DESCO were run on both gas/LNG/oil but poor maintenance means bad efficiency means lower production.

the reason why suddenly from zero lad shedding we went to full blown problem was oil price hitting from 50$ to 150.
instead of learning form it , we are going back to old habits for pure political reasons, PML N has 5 years, it should solve it via coal

the whole porblem revolves around cost , we have 23,000 capacity simply cannot afford the cost, the same will be true with LNG once the prices hit 100 plus dollars

in nutshell there is no permanent fix without coal, hydro and nuclear..anything else is simple BS

govt had great vision but now is running back to pure political motives
If there won't be LNG plants, how would Saif-ur-Rehman(Frontman of Notanki League) living in Qatar would get kickbacks and will pay the cut to Palace of Jati-Umrah?

Last edited:

Where the heck does PTI come into this?

Everywhere on TV, everywhere on the forum and in real life, the only justification N-leaguers can put up is that KPK isn't doing anything so here you go...

Two wrongs don't make a effing right...accept your own mistake for God's sake.

And Punjab has allocated 100 Billion for power production, just like it allocated God knows how much for Nandipur? What happened to that?

Allocation of resources and utilization of resources are two different things.

Also have a read here @I FLY HIGH ...

List of Hydropower Projects in KPK | The Progress of PTI in KPK

This is of July2014.

As already stated, two plants of 65 MW already operational, running on hydel source. Numerous micro hydel projects also running, every other day I see a new project on my facebook timeline in collaboartion with various NGO's and countries...small projects powering far flung areas.

Kalam got lectricity after 6 years due to such a micro project.

But let's not detract from the actual issue here.

Focus on PML, want to discuss PTI power issues, go make another thread.

And I fully expect you not to reply now to my questions.

Only individuals with an IQ of less than 50 will fall for this pandering. Sadly, this means a lot of people given the lack of education in Pakistan.

The electricity issue in Pakistan can't be solved immediately, it will need at least 10 years of planning and doing for us to be able to cope with the growing demand and that is if we started working on all projects today. If you want to blame someone TODAY for the shortfall, the finger should be pointed at the governments that ruled Pakistan from 2000 - 2010.

But that doesn't make for masala news so let's sit here and blame PMLN for their inability to produce electricity out of thin air in two years. Last i heard, we are in the negative by 6000 MW. Good luck getting that removed in 2, 3, or even 5 years lol.

So, let's riot in the streets and get this government toppled and than riot in the streets again in two years when the next government can't perform miracles. Pakistan gets the leaders it deserves. Always have and always win until we change our mindsets.

(We didn't even talk about whether our infrastructure can handle the additional load, that's a whole another issue.)

Sadly, our people have a tendency to forget with in 2 days unless one is a relative (close) of a victim. Tuesday forecasts say rains coming in, by Wednesday... Thursday tops I guarantee you people forget all this and restart their worships to NS/ Zardari.

But Asad Umer did point out very well, who are these people demanding electricity? Why cant they be happy with one thing at a time? Whoever needs a light, go sit in a metro bus. Sad part is people will take this sarcasm as a viable option.

They have been in power since 7 years, not a single generation of MW by the Provincial Government.

Noon League made the promise of ending load shedding in 6 months? Where did the at promise go? You Nooni slaves are too funny.

But Asad Umer did point out very well, who are these people demanding electricity? Why cant they be happy with one thing at a time? Whoever needs a light, go sit in a metro bus. Sad part is people will take this sarcasm as a viable option.

Lagta hai aap ka Islamabad ka phaira nhn laga sir jee!

Only individuals with an IQ of less than 50 will fall for this pandering. Sadly, this means a lot of people given the lack of education in Pakistan.

The electricity issue in Pakistan can't be solved immediately, it will need at least 10 years of planning and doing for us to be able to cope with the growing demand and that is if we started working on all projects today. If you want to blame someone TODAY for the shortfall, the finger should be pointed at the governments that ruled Pakistan from 2000 - 2010.

But that doesn't make for masala news so let's sit here and blame PMLN for their inability to produce electricity out of thin air in two years. Last i heard, we are in the negative by 6000 MW. Good luck getting that removed in 2, 3, or even 5 years lol.

So, let's riot in the streets and get this government toppled and than riot in the streets again in two years when the next government can't perform miracles. Pakistan gets the leaders it deserves. Always have and always win until we change our mindsets.

(We didn't even talk about whether our infrastructure can handle the additional load, that's a whole another issue.)

Agreed with your points...

...but...this doesn't excuse the current government of everything going on in the electricity department.

When you have sitting ministers saying that I don't value the agreement with K-electric, it is the current govt's fault.

When you have the sitting Minister of state pleading the govt for doing sometihng, that right there is a breakdown in ministerial communication.

When you have a net decrease in power production, you have to blame the current government.

When you have a minister saying, we have 90 % recovery loss from XYZ feeder but we ain't doing anything aobut it, you have to blame the current government.

Back
Top Bottom