What's new

PM orders completion of Lahore-Karachi Motorway by 2015

You don't expect the feasibility of a mega project like this to be completed in just 3 months do you? These Sharif brothers have a habit of giving tall claims, the metro bus deadline, flyovers and underpasses and whatnot. There is no harm in doing the project at a moderate pace, not too fast, not too slow.

Is say behtar hai New Isl Airport jaldi bana day.

But I agree with your point, that a project like this would pay back the money invested.
as per my understanding most of the work has already been done. The motorway will not be built from scratch but the Chunks of existing NHA structure like super-highway etc will be consolidated and then ultimately forged into one Motorways.

smart tactics just to keep fooling people and making them believe till five years are over

the priority must be electricity, security and balochistan, KPK and gwadar

we dont need karachi lahore motorway

try to complete M08 and open up Gwadar

as per my understanding most of the work has already been done. The motorway will not be built from scratch but the Chunks of existing NHA structure like super-highway etc will be consolidated and then ultimately forged into one Motorways.

No my friend its different from existing super highway or N5 . But you are right all the mapping and most of the terrain study has already been completed and its a matter of funds and tenders allocations to kick start the work .
M1_2.jpg

This motorway will be built in phases as shown and will pass very near to sindh-balochitsan border and also from some remote undevelopded areas of south punjab resulting in better and fast development of many impoverished areas .

But I would agree with @darkinsky there are many more important issues than this like internal security and gwadar links but if Pakistan can kick start all of them together without hampering other projects I guess its good for our development as this motorway will cut Isl to khi time from current 21 hours to 12-13 hours . I mean non - stop driving on personal cars .

As shown M-8 will be connected to Gwadar as well and also Gwadar-china link road will be connected to M-8 . It was wrong of PMLn to paint this project as Lahore-Khi motorway as its gonna be attached to current M2 right in centre and can easily be called as a karachi-Islamabad motorway to give this news national colors . Infact it will be started from M-4 segment connecting faislabad with multan .

Last edited by a moderator:
No my friend its different from existing super highway or N5 . But you are right all the mapping and most of the terrain study has already been completed and its a matter of funds and tenders allocations to kick start the work .
M1_2.jpg

This motorway will be built in phases as shown and will pass very near to sindh-balochitsan border and also from some remote undevelopded areas of south punjab resulting in better and fast development of many impoverished areas .
Indeed.
9219490275_4a62211678_b.jpg

Amazing news. Just two days ago, I was on google earth looking at the super highway. And I was saying to myself that it would be my dream to see a motorway being built there and here we are, two days later, with good news

Aray bhai kuch aur bhi mang laitay mulk k liye shayad wo b mil jata...
Awam ka hi bhla ho jata .... :p :)

Whose building it for MQM? If you don't want it, don't ever use it. Its pretty simple.

please dont try to feed words into my mouth and bring politics into economics, i was not being regionally biased, obviously we need motorway in the whole country but the priority must be M8 which is already half completed and needs to be finished

M1_2.jpg

But I would agree with @darkinsky there are many more important issues than this like internal security and gwadar links but if Pakistan can kick start all of them together without hampering other projects I guess its good for our development as this motorway will cut Isl to khi time from current 21 hours to 12-13 hours . I mean non - stop driving on personal cars .

As shown M-8 will be connected to Gwadar as well and also Gwadar-china link road will be connected to M-8 . It was wrong of PMLn to paint this project as Lahore-Khi motorway as its gonna be attached to current M2 right in centre and can easily be called as a karachi-Islamabad motorway to give this news national colors . Infact it will be started from M-4 segment connecting faislabad with multan .

ratodero khuzdar section is already completed, the section from gwadar till turbat is also nearly completed, the section from turbat till khuzdar is a dirt road and needs to be completed

70% of the work is already done if ganja wills he can complete it in max two years, maybe even faster given how chota ganja paced up metro bus

but ganja is all about showbazi

he will just keep chattering for five years till his term is complete and will pull some publicity stunt to again rule for five more years

the memo of understanding doesnt mean anything its just nothing, the real thing is an agreement which is the first concrete step but i dont ganja will pull something like this i mean since he became PM, the country is being ruled by Lashkar e jhangvi

Couple of days ago, In express tribune, there was a news, Due to design mistake in metro bus project and traffic congestions at chungi amar sadu they are going to build a flyover for metro bus, designers admitted they thought of building a flyover but it was a mistake they didn't do it because project was rushed and now building a flyover would cost more than 3 billion ruppess and they are in process of getting permissions from relevant authorities.

I hope Noon-League don't rush every mega project like metro bus and make a mess out out of it. DO a proper planning so resources are not wasted

the sharifs like infrastructure projects to 'show-off' as they say. even here there is no priortization like whats good to have and what is a must have.....

M1_2.jpg

i've seen construction for the FSD to MTN section but then it was stopped due to lack of funds.....these motorways will not be the standard of the LHR-ISLD motorway built by the koreans for $4B. these extensions will be built by the FWO. if we want a korean-style LHR-KHI motorway, get ready to fork out about $12-15B.....!!!! par khithoon....!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom