What's new

PM Modi, Pak PM Shehbaz Sharif to meet in Tashkent? Modi may visit Pakistan!

It's the equi
According to sources, back channels discussions are underway between Indian and Pakistani officials to formalise a meeting between Indian PM Narendra Modi and Pakistan's newly-appointed Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif during the SCO summit in Tashkent in July.

PM Modi and Pakistan PM Shehbaz Sharif are expected to attend the SCO summit on July 17 in Tashkent, Uzbekistan. Highly placed sources say if the meeting between two leaders transpires, then PM Modi may visit the Katas Raj Temple in Pakistan

Sources say the Pakistan PM Shehbaz Sharif may then host the Indian prime minister in Islamabad.

Both prime ministers had recently exchanged messages on Twitter after Shehbaz Sharif was appointed PM. Prime Minister Narendra Modi had invited Pakistan PM Shehbaz Sharif's brother ex-prime minister Nawaz Sharif to India during his swearing-in ceremony in 2014.

The meeting between Sharif and PM Modi however may be subject to stability within the military ranks, sources claim with Pakistan's Army chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa's term due to expire in November.

Reports claimed earlier former PM Imran Khan had tried to sack General Bajwa amid the no-confidence drama in Parliament this month.

In 2015, PM Modi had visited Pakistan to meet ex-PM Nawaz Sharif during a surprise stopover in Lahore. However, relations between the two sides nosedived after the 2016 Pathankot terrorist attack and the 2019 Pulwama terror attack.

Both countries had earlier pulled out their high commissioners from each other's countries. India has been operating its mission with a curtailed staff. The possible meeting between PM Modi and Pakistan PM Sharif could be the first step towards the restoration of ties between the two countries, sources say.

@Sudarshan @INS_Vikrant @VkdIndian @Wood
It's the equivalent of inviting Hitler to Israel, not a good idea.

lols nothing to do with Sharifs or PML N our bhadur generals have agreed to American PLan of submission offcoure in return for DOLLARS! so the plan is simple accept indias hegemony in the region have good relationship with india let go of Kashmir and submit to Yindu mfer and yes since there will be peace why do you need nukes Generals okay ser more dollar take our nukes! done India pakistan bff forever! or we become Indias bitch while general enjoys his last breaths on some island on coast of Australia very near Kayanis Farm land in Australia! and now Yindu free from Pakistan can concentrate it full energy on China!!!

what a cheap slaves we are!
Why view it from a Sell-out perspective. Kashmir is already gone.. nothing has changed in last 74 years....so better to shift focus on the nation's growth, don't you think?...We have tried selling out to US, than China, in between Saudis....what benefits we have reaped so far? if an agreement can be reached to recognise LOC as international boundary....the two nations can then focus on their development and people.....I guess a right move.... else continue with the policy.... world doesn't care....

Why view it from a Sell-out perspective. Kashmir is already gone.. nothing has changed in last 74 years....so better to shift focus on the nation's growth, don't you think?...We have tried selling out to US, than China, in between Saudis....what benefits we have reaped so far? if an agreement can be reached to recognise LOC as international boundary....the two nations can then focus on their development and people.....I guess a right move.... else continue with the policy.... world doesn't care....
its not us the people who were suppose to benefit from any such alliance in past it was Elites who were suppose to progress and even now it wont benefit awaam it will benefit some bajwas some mians and some bhutto!

I have a simple question from informed, respected, and popular Pakistanis of this forum.
@waz @Azadkashmir @Chak Bamu @The Eagle @WebMaster @Indus Pakistan @Windjammer @Signalian @HRK @PanzerKiel @Bratva @ghazi52 @BHarwana @Big Tank @Sulman Badshah @PakAlp @Mangus Ortus Novem @graphican @HAIDER @Abid123 @Foxtrot Alpha @Reichsmarschall @others

As it seems there are voices from inside Pakistan being heard that are asking for settling issues between India-Pakistan. Even one of the popular figures from Pakistani leaders such as Imran Khan admired India for its independent foreign policy before and after being ousted by internal/external hands.

Given that India is not an occupying cancer like Israel, i am sure that peace can can be achieved btw Pakistan and India. There are people on both sides, a sizeable group of South Asians, that are already asking for peace and that a long lasting one.

My question, wouldn't it be better you did it when Kashmir had autonomy and India under Singh was more peaceful than today's India under Modi, wouldn't it be better for Pakistan to allow IPI the peace pipeline reached India through Pakistan making Pakistan an energy hub of South Asia?

This is a big question of mine, unanswered. Would be glad to know your thoughts on this strange decision made by Pakistanis.
The course of history have put 2 communities of south Asia on the path where one have to struggle for survival and other to establish superiority, one community claim whole of the geography of South Asia & beyond as their own while the other have to defend their history, their ideology and existence, read history there is no peace b/w 2 communities from centies & they are at the clashing course even if some among them want to achieve peace by some artificial manner it will never be achieved on permanent grounds.

Secondly you might not think India is a "cancer of occupation" today but those who are under occupation don't think of it any less than Israel in accrocities.

Peace is just an illusion created to act as catalyst for struggle

its not us the people who were suppose to benefit from any such alliance in past it was Elites who were suppose to progress and even now it wont benefit awaam it will benefit some bajwas some mians and some bhutto!
What is awaam?.(Sorry don't know Urdu or Hindi that much)...However, agree to the comment in general. But at least the constant fear invoked by the elites (politicians as well as Generals) on Pakistan is in danger/ 60% of budget spending on security (without accountability)/ egotist decisions on stopping the trade (irrespective it is the people who are suffering due to high cost of basic goods) / Poking nose on every affair of the state by the military...will seize to a great extent....and then with progressive investment on the modern education, liberal views, the day education supersedes the mullah culture.... people will become rational and start questioning...will push rulers to deliver....Prosperity will start there....

What is awaam?.(Sorry don't know Urdu or Hindi that much)...However, agree to the comment in general. But at least the constant fear invoked by the elites (politicians as well as Generals) on Pakistan is in danger/ 60% of budget spending on security (without accountability)/ egotist decisions on stopping the trade (irrespective it is the people who are suffering due to high cost of basic goods) / Poking nose on every affair of the state by the military...will seize to a great extent....and then with progressive investment on the modern education, liberal views, the day education supersedes the mullah culture.... people will become rational and start questioning...will push rulers to deliver....Prosperity will start there....
awaam = people!!

see its not just our people its your kind thats blood thirsty and delusional and have weird fantasies so we have to maintain security if your mandrs keep churning racist idiots and you keep electing them as your Pm we have no option but to waste money on defense!

I have a simple question from informed, respected, and popular Pakistanis of this forum.
@waz @Azadkashmir @Chak Bamu @The Eagle @WebMaster @Indus Pakistan @Windjammer @Signalian @HRK @PanzerKiel @Bratva @ghazi52 @BHarwana @Big Tank @Sulman Badshah @PakAlp @Mangus Ortus Novem @graphican @HAIDER @Abid123 @Foxtrot Alpha @Reichsmarschall @others

As it seems there are voices from inside Pakistan being heard that are asking for settling issues between India-Pakistan. Even one of the popular figures from Pakistani leaders such as Imran Khan admired India for its independent foreign policy before and after being ousted by internal/external hands.

Given that India is not an occupying cancer like Israel, i am sure that peace can can be achieved btw Pakistan and India. There are people on both sides, a sizeable group of South Asians, that are already asking for peace and that a long lasting one.

My question, wouldn't it be better you did it when Kashmir had autonomy and India under Singh was more peaceful than today's India under Modi, wouldn't it be better for Pakistan to allow IPI the peace pipeline reached India through Pakistan making Pakistan an energy hub of South Asia?

This is a big question of mine, unanswered. Would be glad to know your thoughts on this strange decision made by Pakistanis.

you see in iran you have people who are educated and know the money over wisdom philosophy, but our ppl in pak are uneducated and easily sellout for a plate of rice literally. our leaders are the most coward gangster mafia and most uneducated baboons actually baboons have some iq. Also we have a dik head general who decides he gona play like that dumb mbs bonesaw and do a stunt as if the ppl are in the 50s and wont utter a word or recognize coup has taken place. now he cant show his donkey face with out looking like a slapped a ss.

Every nation is doomed with some problems, our is that pakistan is cursed with the worse of the worst leaders in history of civilization.

Typical desi mentality, self obsession (common across border), India / Pakistan / establishment is not relevant here. Its not Sharifs not Bajwa, there is a bigger game in motion

Post WW2 Soviet was the enemy so to Checkmate there were conflict lines so that Soviet influence will stay limited to north Asia & there is no access to southern oceans

Conflict Lines
1) India, Pakistan (Kashmir)
2) Afganistan (internal wars)
3) Iraq-Iran
4) Palistine Israel
5) North / South Korea
(there is a common pattern US against Russia)

No the focus has shifted to south China sea, and US would want 4 out of 5 conflict lines to stabilise so that it can focus on China

duh it abit obvious.

According to sources, back channels discussions are underway between Indian and Pakistani officials to formalise a meeting between Indian PM Narendra Modi and Pakistan's newly-appointed Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif during the SCO summit in Tashkent in July.

PM Modi and Pakistan PM Shehbaz Sharif are expected to attend the SCO summit on July 17 in Tashkent, Uzbekistan. Highly placed sources say if the meeting between two leaders transpires, then PM Modi may visit the Katas Raj Temple in Pakistan

Sources say the Pakistan PM Shehbaz Sharif may then host the Indian prime minister in Islamabad.

Both prime ministers had recently exchanged messages on Twitter after Shehbaz Sharif was appointed PM. Prime Minister Narendra Modi had invited Pakistan PM Shehbaz Sharif's brother ex-prime minister Nawaz Sharif to India during his swearing-in ceremony in 2014.

The meeting between Sharif and PM Modi however may be subject to stability within the military ranks, sources claim with Pakistan's Army chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa's term due to expire in November.

Reports claimed earlier former PM Imran Khan had tried to sack General Bajwa amid the no-confidence drama in Parliament this month.

In 2015, PM Modi had visited Pakistan to meet ex-PM Nawaz Sharif during a surprise stopover in Lahore. However, relations between the two sides nosedived after the 2016 Pathankot terrorist attack and the 2019 Pulwama terror attack.

Both countries had earlier pulled out their high commissioners from each other's countries. India has been operating its mission with a curtailed staff. The possible meeting between PM Modi and Pakistan PM Sharif could be the first step towards the restoration of ties between the two countries, sources say.

@Sudarshan @INS_Vikrant @VkdIndian @Wood
This is what our Generals wanted from IK and he refused so they gave chance to country enemies .What a wise decision from our Generals.

You really think IK can fire bajwa sahab in this country? :lol:

That guy survived 4 PMs in his tenure

As for exports after abrogation of article 370. Yeah those continued since military stopped supporting resistance in IOK and also did a ceasefire with the enemy at LOC

not doing little bit of trade made no sense

Got to agree with this on you

PTI did boot polis and paid the price

Ab tum bhi band kar do
Areesh, what you are saying implies that Khan was a puppet so he couldn't do anything against establishment. Please tell how it was any different than NS of 90s era?

Also Pls tell me where i have said that Gen Bajwa is the right guy and army should not be criticized? 1If anything you can find my comments on this forum stating that IK has been ousted due to Gen Bajwa's ego, it has nothing to with accountability.

Just because i don't buy regime change gibberish doesn't mean i support everything that is going on it this country.

Lastly, PTI was the only party i had bit of hope from back in 2012 however i saw some things with own eyes so i slowly and steadily lost all the hopes from it. To me PTI compromised on her own principles and did what pmln and ppp were already doing.

The Modi and Sharif government are using IK principles. It is an absolute tragedy IK is not in power. We need to bring him back. US sidelined IK to make Modi feel better about himself.

Look at how the yanks conducted the meet with Indians after IK accused them of talking down to them. SS is parading around talking about dams and work.

We need IK back and Modi out.

Also Pakistan needs to watch out for India making an attempt at Pakistan's influence in the SCO. With the PDM government they are hopeful they will become desperate for attention from the west and ignore their standing in the SCO and India will swoop in and take this from Pakistan too and you will be stuck in no mans land.

There can be no peace with India until Modi and BJP are out of power. India is playing games and laying traps always. Never trust them.

Last edited:

People of India and Pakistan always wanted peace, all good humans look for peace and respect. The issue of Kashmir is because the Kashmiris are under occupation of Indian armed forces, the Kashmiris are Pakistanis and not Indians.

What solution is the elite in Pakistan thinking of? These cowards want to watch bollywood movies all day along, that is how their life goes, they couldn't make a decision about Kashmir and the struggle for freedom.

IPI is stopped because of sanctions on Iran.

You must admit Indian armed forces violate Kashmiri human rights, kidnapping and raping of thousand of women, framing innocent of being members of militants etc. Kashmiris do not want autonomy but freedom from Indian armed forces, India should give kashmiris their rights and hold a referendum.

On one hand you have the peaceniks and the other uber-nationalists. Uber-peaceniks would have you wanting to embrace all humanity - after all we all belong to the same species. Yet we draw artificial lines on this earth. We are one earth, one ecosystem, one species.

1650463314116.png

But leave that asides why does not Asia jopin together and join hands in peace? Iran accepts Israel, Iraq cuddles Turkey, Armenians kiss the Turks, Afghans break the fast with Pakistani's, Indians do puja with Pakistan, Yemeni's enjoy some camel meat with Saudi's and best of all Saudi's and Iranians dance to peace? Think of the united, peace, prosperous Asia? Now what stops all this from happening?

Now when you get the answer to this Q please apply it to Pakistan and India. We are as human as you guys!

India already created a new normal. Pakistan just helped them along.

A bit of background first: The first time Pakistan had to go on back-foot over Kashmir, diplomatically speaking, was in the aftermath of Kargil. This is pretty common knowledge among those in the know & if you have a contact in Foreign Office, you may confirm this for yourself. Mushy painted Pakistan as a back-stabbing villain & we could not explain ourselves. Why do not really think that NS wanted to get rid of Mushy in 1999?

Once Mushy came in via his dastardly coup, he took the first really damaging steps on the ground. he pulled troops back from LOC. IA quickly built its bunkers that it otherwise could not have done. This cemented LOC as a de-facto border. So the first real & permanent reversal to Pakistan's Kashmir cause was done by Mushy, both on the diplomatic level & on the actual ground. Both these things worked in India's favor. Influential capitals closed their ears to Pakistan's case & India successfully convinced the world that Pakistan was an unstable state that never was able to build democratic credentials or institutions. So get this straight: the real damage done to Pakistan's Kashmir cause / case was a stupid, adventurous, & a traitor general.

Pakistan has long known that their is no military solution to Kashmir issue apart from keeping Indians in a stalemate. That is why when Modi killed Article 370 & declared IOK as regular Indian territory, Pakistan did absolutely nothing. Had it been a pre-1999 situation, we could have done something substantial, but we could do nothing in 2019.

As time passes, we see more & more results of security-centered policies that come back to bite Pakistan. Politicians claw back some much needed international legitimacy, only to find him/her undermined by a general. In the pre-2019 conditions, we had done solid work in track-2 diplomacy. What became of it? NS got called Modi Ki Yar & when civilian leadership tried to convince Establishment of the need to let go of failed policies, we got Dawn Leaks as a result. NS was finally pushed out & a bit later new government of PTI was installed via rigged GE2018 (I've shared evidence, modus operandi, & rationale for doing so in multiple posts elsewhere). What happened thereafter when BJP-led government rescinded Article 370? Nothing! Absolutely Nothing. We had checkmated ourselves.

Now what recourse does Pakistan have in this current situation?

It would be instructive to understand overtures from Establishment for some pseudo-normalization with India (refer to QJB's speech in recent Security Conference in Islamabad). Do not assume that SS is doing this on his own. PML-N would not be allowed to sit in the driving seat if you truly believe that there was a conspiracy to remove PTI government. You can not believe that & then imagine that SS as PM is charting an independent course.

What Pakistan desires is a respite during which we can reorganize ourselves, improve economy, repair damaged foreign relations, & show the world that we are partners in peace. Once such a position is achieved, Establishment can shift gear, have the PM (whoever he may be) kicked out just like NS was kicked out, blame a 'corrupt' government of colluding with the enemy, & reverse policies for own convenience. We'll get a 'patriotic' & 'nationalistic' Mr. Clean leader, who would be beholden to the Establishment for a shot at the PM slot. If this works out (will not, because it never does), Pakistan would be back in business & raise temperature in Kashmir.

The above is my dispassionate reading of the situation. You may choose to ignore it and continue to beat PTI drum. Fair enough. But do not be surprised at the dissonance in the future.
Thanks for the detailed reply, it was a good read. I would avoid the PTI vs PMLN points, as those just derail the discussion (although I disagree). Your points on Kargil overall seem legit, and my overall opinion is similar ‘Nani na khasam kiya, bura kiya! Chad dita, aur bura kiya’. Pakistan shouldn’t have gone for it, but if it did it should have been done properly with everyone on board and prepared to deal with all consequences.
I also doubt SS can really take an independent approach given the weak coalition he has, even weaker than PTI - but he will make compromises to keep the govt float. So this probably shows that PA is on board on moving forward with status change in Kashmir for now, and IK may have been the irritant in this part.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom