What's new

PM Imran Khan Niazi finally speaks about Kech attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what "Niazi" means in this context but I find it very ironic because I was tempted to write in the main thread on this topic that Pakistan should not repeat the 1971 mistakes of Niazi/Yahaya/Bhutto in Balochistan.

What I mean is:
1. Deny recruitment to separatists. Do anything and everything to make Baloch people feel included even if this means spending disproportionately much more per capita on Balochistan. If you can get rid of resentment from one generation of Balochis, that can kill all these seperatist movements forever. If no one is tempted to join these movements, there is nothing foreign actors can do no matter how much they spend funding these movements.

2. I do not know what proportion of security force personnel are Balochis. You have to make sure the front line personnel are majority Balochis, at least the ones who interact with the public. This will increase support for the government forces.

3. Step up surveillance and intelligence gathering- clearly enough is not being done in this regard. This will enable you to quietly snatch terrorists away even before they can launch any attack.

4. Avoid launching Operational Searchlight style gung-ho, all guns blazing, indiscriminate operations at all costs. I understand that emotions must be running high but the last thing you need is any innocent civilian getting hurt. Operations should be highly targetted.

5. Strenghten security forces to ensure such high casualty events do not recur - drones, vests, advanced comms, GPS, armoured vehicles, the works - if such events become routine, there will come a time when some future hot headed General ends up launching a hasty "revenge" attack which might end up hurting civilians (read #4).
Agreed on all points but when an attack comes again, there needs to be a QRF that totally wiped out the clearly identified attackers.

can we stop using Niazi as a slur and stop acting like dumb patwaris?

People who resort such tactics are usually a miserable bunch. They are devoid of any genuine kindness of heart or purity of soul. And the more glaring thing about such people is that they are in a constant conflict with themselves. Such is the state of those whose soul rotten with their sins.

How stupid are you people...really?????/ death of our soldiers is not a live breaking news from the front. It takes time before the operation is over, bodies retrieved, families notified and remains repatriated.
It is common everywhere in the world to notify the families before official loss statements are released.

Some of the posters need to be spanked in public (you know who you are) and some need to be dropped in the middle of the battle to become video game heroes that they think they are.

Revenge from who ?? Do u want him to announce attack on iran ?
I knew some1 was going to mention Iran's name, to shift blame onto someone else.

1971 general Niazi reference,
nothing to do with race/ethnicity as Niazis are already considered part of Punjab/Punjabi culture and are called Punjabi Pathan, poet Munir Niazi etc for example
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pathans_of_Punjab
They do it to refresh memories of people about figures like General Niazi signing the surrender document in Dhaka.Basically implying that Imran is a loser..and thats whats written for him. In other words its pure racism..

oh ok, thank you.

Agreed on all points but when an attack comes again, there needs to be a QRF that totally wiped out the clearly identified attackers.
Yup, that would be part of my 5th point. In the event of an attack, you need QRF's flown in as well as surveillance drones responding.
Even if the security post gets run over before QRF arrives, the drones can at least track the fleeing terrorists. In the event of a drone getting shot down, a back up drone can pick up the GPS trail and continue tracking. This is very relevant in terrain such as Balochistan's.

His statement adds insult to the injury.

The valiant sons of soil never backed off to offer their lives for the motherland and they deserve all of our praises however this was the time to tell our enemies how we are going to respond (If that's the plan) to this attack be it inside Pakistan or outside the geographical boundaries of Pakistan.
Somethings are better left unsaid. This goes all the more for IS and security operations.

This is a long slog. Most people want "immediate" gratification which they would perhaps get if the PM were to say "we bombed the terrorists and their masterminds etc." While that is all fine but it does not solve the underlying issues.

My guess is that the FC and possibly the Army are currently searching for abettors in the surrounding villages and areas. The security forces may plan on conducting an area pacification operation given the high casualties suffered by the FC Balochistan.

It would be instructive for members to read a book titled "Operation Sherdil" by Maj Gen Abid Mumtaz to understand how this war will be fought on the backs of our experience with very large scale operations conducted in challenging topography over a period of time in the FATA. This won't be quick, it will be protracted but I am alhamdolillah very confident that the security forces will get the job done because they have the requisite experience, training and also the motivation. The challenge in Balochistan is that any large scale operation will get a lot of negative PR via the sympathizers of the separatists and as such the government of the day would be mindful.

Along the way there will be more casualties but our people can and inshallah will put a lid on this.

Yup, that would be part of my 5th point. In the event of an attack, you need QRF's flown in as well as surveillance drones responding.
Even if the security post gets run over before QRF arrives, the drones can at least track the fleeing terrorists. In the event of a drone getting shot down, a back up drone can pick up the GPS trail and continue tracking. This is very relevant in terrain such as Balochistan's.
How do you get the drone on station? The same goes for getting the QRF to the site of the attack. We need to understand how these posts are established, how close other units including QRF elements are. While on paper these things sound logical, they are not always easy to execute on. Night time doubles up the challenges for even basic reinforcements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom