What's new

PLA to buy 700 stealth fighters, says Jane's Defence Weekly

The crux of your arguments rests on the concept of engineering/manufacturing concurrency, which you implied as flawed. Yes, the F-35 does have issues, but then so does the 777 and the A380 when those aircrafts were under production. This sub-forum is not to promote the F-35 but to discuss it, flaws and successes.

You have been proven wrong about the concept of engineering/manufacturing concurrency to start. That is the wave of the future. As for the F-35, the US military cannot afford dedicated platforms any more, especially in large quantity. The future is in multi-role platforms and if it is not the F-35, it will be another.

The above reply made by Gambit to me was made in the message board titled, "F-22 / F-35 5th Generation jets | News & Discussions."

However, our discussion started off in this message board titled, "PLA to buy 700 stealth fighters, says Jane's Defence Weekly." The discussion was initiated by other members talking about how many stealth fighters are available or will be available in China, the US, and other nations.

Once again, Gambit tries to weasel his way out of an intelligent discussion. He shifted the discussion to a message board that promotes the F-35 JSF and incompletely quoted me. Then he provided articles that have nothing to do with the F-35's major problems.

I provided various articles from various sources about the serious problems with the F-35 JSF. Gambit is unable to disprove any of those claims. Instead he cherry picks information, tries to move the discussion to a message board that promotes the F-35, he misquotes people, he uses straw man arguments, and then tosses in irrelevant information.

I provided various sources showing that the F-35 is far from completion as of recently and now. Where are your sources that the F-35 is completely ready as of today or in the recent past?

This is the SECOND time the weasel called Gambit ran away from me in a one vs one debate. He wants his buddies to debate with me, because Gambit lacks the brain power to debate with me one vs one.

Anyhow, here is an update on the recent critical failure for the engine inside the F-35 JSF.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Titanium supplier claims Pratt’s lawsuit unjustified
Titanium supplier claims Pratt’s lawsuit unjustified - Journal Inquirer: Business
Thursday, October 2, 2014 12:02 pm

. . . .

EAST HARTFORD — The company that Pratt & Whitney has sued, claiming it supplied substandard titanium for use in its F135 Joint Strike Fighter Engine, filed a counterclaim Wednesday that calls Pratt’s assertions bogus and says that Pratt’s actions have severely harmed its business.

Pratt and corporate parent United Technologies Corp. in September sued A&P Alloys Inc. of Massachusetts and its president, John J. Palie Jr., claiming A&P had misrepresented the quality of titanium Pratt purchased for use in jet engines, including ones for the Pentagon’s Joint Strike Fighter.

After filing the lawsuit in federal District Court in Boston, Pratt posted a statement on its website asserting that it had eliminated A&P Alloys as a supplier.

. . . .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

China does NOT need 700 J-20s. China is not planning to invade every country in the world unlike the 'merika.

My Guess

by 2020 plaaf 500 flankers + 400 j10 + 50 J20

by 2025 plaaf 500 flankers + 400 j10 + 200 J20/J31

by 2030 plaaf 400 flankers + 400 j10 + 400 j20/j31

by 2035 plaaf 300 flankers + 300 j10 + 700 j20/31

Wow at 2600+ for usa alone.
Thats why they are super power.

So if PLAAF buys 700 J-20, would China's GDP go up by that much?
I think it wil be 400 J20 and 1000+ J31.

All you should keep in mind is USA won't be able to mobolize all its steathy force against CHina in one time.

WE will have another 300 J10B/C by year 2020.

The buidling speed of the CHina airforce depends on the level of threat around CHina percieved by PRC.

No to mention the huge CHinese flanker fleet in service.

Back
Top Bottom