What's new

PK 18 Battlefield Rifle , SMG PK 21 (AK-103) and PK-10 are way forward

Looks are unimportant in warfare.
Not for commercial market and export.

1: Appreciate POF for making a decent effort.
Yeah i appreciate a Lion for taking down a mice.
2: Yeah i know it not as hot as some imported pieces, but its still good. An HK, AR hybrid
It isn't hybrid a plane AR-15/10 taking HK mags.
3: PK-18 has been throughly tested in all conditions.
System it uses has been out in service from days of Vietnam war.
5: No restriction on export.
Who would buy an AR from us,when US is there to supply.
Seems like POF has to come forward and ask PDF members as how will be satisfied and then go ahead with any project. Most of the comments are like "I am not satisfied" "POF should have gone with xyz" "honestly, that is no work but copy" "POF is not working as I see" "POF is to fulfill my dreams" "my dreams aren't coming true"...

Don't mind but that is the story at most when it comes to geniuses. Instead of bringing something forward to discuss in view of circumstances that we face; everyone is supposed to be disappointed. Enjoy the future standard issue, at-least.
Forget PDF,everyone is satisfied.Except those who know that DI systems have problem and there is strong argument for replacing them with SSGP or LSGP.
Let's see if it becomes a standard issue or not.
P.S:-May be once again you would say that i am once again not in favour of positive news but sorry to say POF is giant and i expect much more from them.Such a large Org and it has produced an AR-15 in 7.62x51,when their is a need for clean sheet design.

This is an excellent start, and I was hoping we'd design our own rifle based on the AR platform (which works for a lot of countries and companies). If anything, I'd hope for 3 things moving forward: (1) we obviously keep improving and, maybe, look at a 5.56 mm and 7.62x39 mm variant; (2) manufacture this rifle with 100% local content; and (3) move into optics, UGBLs, etc.

This is an excellent start, and I was hoping we'd design our own rifle based on the AR platform (which works for a lot of countries and companies). If anything, I'd hope for 3 things moving forward: (1) we obviously keep improving and, maybe, look at a 5.56 mm and 7.62x39 mm variant; (2) manufacture this rifle with 100% local content; and (3) move into optics, UGBLs, etc.

Along with different calibre, they should also look into different barrel lengths. Carbine/CQB -556 between 10.5 to 14.5”, patrol & DMR - 762 at 16” & 18-20”

Not for commercial market and export.

Yeah i appreciate a Lion for taking down a mice.

It isn't hybrid a plane AR-15/10 taking HK mags.

System it uses has been out in service from days of Vietnam war.

Who would buy an AR from us,when US is there to supply.

Forget PDF,everyone is satisfied.Except those who know that DI systems have problem and there is strong argument for replacing them with SSGP or LSGP.
Let's see if it becomes a standard issue or not.
P.S:-May be once again you would say that i am once again not in favour of positive news but sorry to say POF is giant and i expect much more from them.Such a large Org and it has produced an AR-15 in 7.62x51,when their is a need for clean sheet design.

Who is even asking for favours at all. I am looking from different angle at everything that comes out. Such is the development and call it baby step or giant leap, but we moving forward. The one who use the tool, knows it well as how it works & why to be different than xyz product. When I am expecting too much form an organization then I have to look into circumstances that organization is running. A higher standard or favourite design rifle is not the issue but that is not the one requirement at hand where we have a lot of hands to be filled with other tools as well. It has already and still, going through a lot of tests.

Nobody claimed that all the services/branches will be using pk-21 AK-103 or PK-10 but there will be requirement as per current design and then the upgrades & changes comes with time. We start with less but then we aim at higher end product in our hands in the end. We had to utilize existing set-up with less headache of upgrades having our limited budget but for better product hence, such hybrid is perfect match as long as it helps to shoot as & when needed. A gas operated, rotating barrel 7.62x51 with such setup in hybrid form of top notch rifles, is a good start that I see.

I really wanna punch some guys here.

1: Appreciate POF for making a decent effort.

2: Yeah i know it not as hot as some imported pieces, but its still good. An HK, AR hybrid.

3: PK-18 has been throughly tested in all conditions.

4: It takes G3 mags.

5: No restriction on export.

PS: I hate the buttstock and the finishing. They should really upgrade them.
Horus the taking G3 mag part is excellent, millions of magazines already in ordinance logistical depots won't have to be replaced driving costs down meaning much quicker replacement

To be honest quwa, for a indigenous design , especially a modular ar15 based one like this, making x39 and 5.56 variants shouldn't be that hard ,
I believe optics should be the next step so foreign customers can be offered compete packages,

The guy in the background has a badge with Pakistani flag (upper right corner) and Turkish flag (upper left corner). Is this some Turkish official or a Pakistani one working with the Turks - this probably hints at some cooperation Turkish defence industry?
@cabatli_53 @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Sulman Badshah
No no, this gun was shown just now at the a defence expo in Islamabad where Turkish and Pakistani companies showed products , so just security or ID card for the expo

The guy in the background has a badge with Pakistani flag (upper right corner) and Turkish flag (upper left corner). Is this some Turkish official or a Pakistani one working with the Turks - this probably hints at some cooperation Turkish defence industry?
@cabatli_53 @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Sulman Badshah
Its a Pak Turk Defence expo. So the card would definitely have both flags.

The quality looks fine, you guys got license agreement for the AK? You shouldnt let the designs go to waste.
We produced an AK and marketed it in the past. It was produced without russian license and they threatened to sue Pakistan and thus we stop producing it. But yeah it seems they have russian license to produce them..

The quality looks fine, you guys got license agreement for the AK? You shouldnt let the designs go to waste.
Guess they went ahead with the AK103 for MP-5 & Type-56 replacement.

What about submachine gun to replace mp5, an LMG (SAW) and a bullpup variant maybe like FB radom MSBS.

Shouldn't POF go for a family of weapons instead one stand alone system??

Also do you think the tooling machines and cnc machines we got from Eastern Europe were for this purpose??

Horus the taking G3 mag part is excellent, millions of magazines already in ordinance logistical depots won't have to be replaced driving costs down meaning much quicker replacement

To be honest quwa, for a indigenous design , especially a modular ar15 based one like this, making x39 and 5.56 variants shouldn't be that hard ,
I believe optics should be the next step so foreign customers can be offered compete packages,

I remember not too long ago POF and Army delegates were visiting Bulgaria, Turkey etc to search for optics technology. Either get ToT or learn from their products and then make at home. Like this new hybrid rifle.

Quwa also did a piece on it if I'm not wrong.

Back
Top Bottom