What's new

Pictures from cities | Lahore

now plzz don't exaggerate..it mayb greatest Pakistani city but not greatest Punjabi city..chandigarh takes the cake. even jallandhar and Mohali are better.

You know, I have to admit. When I visit the Punjab side on both ends (India and Pakistan), I have heard this MANY times from both the sides. "Lahore is Lahore". And the interesting thing is, some of the people from the India side who told me this, were really old and hadn't been to the other side since the 50's and of course, some are much younger. I think tribute and respect should be paid to historical places as they deserved. These places have history and character to them and they are timeless, doesn't matter if they were a part of India 70 years ago and today these are in Pakistan.

looking at Ravi makes me cry... that powerful river is now dying, due to our stupid policies and india taking advantage of sindh tas agreement... :(

If you some of the projects in the pipeline can finish, you could create a link canal from both rivers touching Jhelum. That canal can feed ravi and take the water to the desert, turning the desert area into agriculture land or dams in remote areas. That would divert the floods also and will keep the other dried up rivers and canals filled with water from one rainy season till the next year.

Panoramio- Photo of pakistan Lahor tren

04f422178ab2627dcd22df285733e8d2.jpg

Haveli of Nau Nihal Singh

Now Govt. Victoria Girls High School, Mori gate

Nau_Nihal_Singhs_haveli_now_Victoria_Girls_High_School_Lahore.jpg

31163816_d02af40dfa_z.jpg

10403603_738754676178125_3756936701633430005_n.jpg

This lofty Haveli is reckoned among the most magnificent buildings of the city of Lahore. It was built by Nau Nihal Singh, son of Maharaja Kharak Singh as his private residence. It contains numerous spacious chambers, halls and balconies. The ceilings are decorated with paintings and mirrors, and are worked in gold. The walls are richly and tastefully ornamented with glasses and painted flowers. The Haveli was taken over by the British Government when Punjab was annexed in 1849 and converted into the first public school for girls. The back side is richly decorated with stucco carving.

Back
Top Bottom