What's new

Pictures from cities: Karachi

426467_10150597976238137_109340433136_9115283_2083952483_n.jpg

Airmen Golf Course, Korangi Creek, Karachi
Newly Developed Golf Course. A truly Mega Project and genius work to recycle the sewerage water to convert lifeless and barren land into a breathtaking and enchanting landscape of lush green course.– Facing the Arabian sea. Work still going & Many other facilities also Coming, which would truly make this course ideal for family usage. Pic by AGC.

so you mean its not the mangroves which existed here before??

Nice shots! Karachi has come a long way in last 15 years or so. I remember my first visit back in 1994 and later in 1997, but I must say Karachi lags miles behind in meeting standards of any international city. There is no mass transit, power short fall and law & order situation just to name a few. Most of all people have no civic sense!
I hope current scenario changes fairly soon so I can visit my friends again.

Love from Turkey!

Nice shots! Karachi has come a long way in last 15 years or so. I remember my first visit back in 1994 and later in 1997, but I must say Karachi lags miles behind in meeting standards of any international city. There is no mass transit, power short fall and law & order situation just to name a few. Most of all people have no civic sense!

Love from Turkey!

yes there should be mass rapid systems for a giant city like this and adequate buses

but mafias are high on roll in this city,one project which runs for some time and then its shut down for eg, naimatullah khan a moyor of karachi initiated green buses and encouraged many other private services and thus compitition and lowfares, but it eventually got shut down

Love from Turkey!

Karachi is changed alot after 2002, i think it is better to say that it has changed completely. Although your concerns are valid & still present but it depends totally on which area you visit.

During my visits to Karachi, I stayed at Marriott near US consulate. It used to be an affluent area but very noisy! Is it the same way? There used to be a historic park across Marriott, I remember clearly...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom