What's new

Picture of the day

Emu7x7UXEAQdhDO

I think I'm going to show those Russian fellas on this other forum whom I'm arguing with about the canoe-shaped weapon's bays under the wings on the Su-57 and how I am doubtful that they are even weapons bays in the first place and I think they are something else, simply because they don't look like they can have doors with hinges and hydraulics and room for a trapeze mechanism to hold and push out an R-73 or 74 or something newer and smaller. I'm just not convinced and I have managed to piss off a whole bunch of Russians who now want my head on a spike lol! So I'll show them this pic so they can see how much room the hinges alone need and take and then there is the hydraulic cylinder and the trapeze etc. Now they'll really put out a contract on me! :lol:

EmuoZGkXUAEXsAZ

The Saudi Royal Air Force is (the oldest Arab air force)
The first aircraft to enter service was the British DH.9A aircraft

Heli that rocks! _ Heli Daily.jpeg

Emu7x7UXEAQdhDO

I think I'm going to show those Russian fellas on this other forum whom I'm arguing with about the canoe-shaped weapon's bays under the wings on the Su-57 and how I am doubtful that they are even weapons bays in the first place and I think they are something else, simply because they don't look like they can have doors with hinges and hydraulics and room for a trapeze mechanism to hold and push out an R-73 or 74 or something newer and smaller. I'm just not convinced and I have managed to piss off a whole bunch of Russians who now want my head on a spike lol! So I'll show them this pic so they can see how much room the hinges alone need and take and then there is the hydraulic cylinder and the trapeze etc. Now they'll really put out a contract on me! :lol:

EmuoZGkXUAEXsAZ
The Chinese have managed to have weapon bays on the sides of the J-20..

Bro..take a look at this..

1025791056.png

It seems it has 2 other weapons bays on the sides other than the central one.. is that what they are talking about?

Last edited:
The Chinese have managed to have weapon bays on the sides of the J-20..

Not only weapons bays on the sides, but you notice those notches on the bottom edge of he panels? Those are for the bracket that holds the missile so that when it pushes the missiles out into position, the panel can then close back up and the bracket stay out holding the missile through those notches to reduce the RCS. Absolutely brilliant design by the Chinese engineers.
Bro..take a look at this..

Yeah bro I've seen it before. But thanks for posting it again it;s been a while and good to refresh again.

But I'll tell you what, notice the radar and how it says "X-Band"? Remember I was telling @Mamajama on the EAF thread that the Russians were really moving towards X-band radars for their stealth platforms and I believe he vehemently disagreed with me. I think he might've misunderstood thinking I was speaking of ground radars possibly but I was referring to radars on stealth platform of Russian aircraft because their philosophy is that those radars will never be able to compete against those huge, ground radars covering huge swaths of land and and air in several bands and frequencies and types like the NEBO and Rezonance etc. just like we tried valiantly to convince a certain moderator who's blinded by his profound love of anything and all things US and that anything that is US is unbeatable LOL but the Russians have gone way past that and realized that the small super AESA radars in aircraft are no competition to the mega ground radars and they're going to concentrate on fully competing against other air targets with radars, hence exploring heavily radars in the X-band. That was the point I was making to Mamajama and he didn't believe me and yet here it is on the Su-57's radar lol!
It seems it has 2 other weapons bays on the sides other than the central one.. is that what they are talking about?

Yep, those canoe-shaped weapons bays (or I should say "supposed" weapons bays LOL) which I have a tough time believing that they are TBH. To have functioning doors and a bracket system that outracts and retracts as well as super strong hinges and hydraulic actuators to push and pull those doors and to be able to hold them in place with all that TREMENDOUS amounts or air speed pressure on them from the aircraft flying super fast is very hard to believe. I just don't see enough to support it but I certainly could be wrong and I hope I am. We'll see someday when they finally show the weapons bays functioning. Strange that they haven't shown a single video in 10 years of these 11 prototypes with the weapons bays opening and firing weapons.

Hey, the other fun fact about this aircraft is that the head of the Sukhoi bureau was being interviewed and he said "if you add the F-22 plus the F-35, you get the Su-57" LOL! I thought that was great and just the way he said it too was just way too cool. :lol:

Last edited:
Yep, those canoe-shaped weapons bays (or I should say "supposed" weapons bays LOL) which I have a tough time believing that they are TBH. To have functioning doors and a bracket system that outracts and retracts as well as super strong hinges and hydraulic actuators to push and pull those doors and to be able to hold them in place with all that TREMENDOUS amounts or air speed pressure on them from the aircraft flying super fast is very hard to believe. I just don't see enough to support it but I certainly could be wrong and I hope I am. We'll see someday when they finally show the weapons bays functioning. Strange that they haven't shown a single video in 10 years of these 11 prototypes with the weapons bays opening and firing weapons.

Hey, the other fun fact about this aircraft is that the head of the Sukhoi bureau was being interviewed and he said "if you add the F-22 plus the F-35, you get the Su-57" LOL! I thought that was great and just the way he said it too was just way too cool. :lol:
IMG_20201116_080247.png

Back
Top Bottom