What's new

Picture of the day

Watching a documentary on this superb aircraft, it has a special type of non-degradable foam inside all the fuel cells of the aircraft. Any areas inside the aircraft where they've designated as fuel tanks, they fill that space with this foam so that all the fuel gets absorbed inside that foam and becomes stable when the aircraft is moving all over the place and it isn't slushing around from side to side or needing a special pressure bladder like other aircraft have that needs to shrink as the fuel is use up etc. That way they're able to designate a lot of space for a lot of fuel giving it that incredible range it has. I thought that was pretty interesting and not sure if any other manufacturer's use foam like that.

It's probably a very cool coincidence, nonetheless, most likely a coincidence but check out the pattern of the darker blue color on the Su-57's back. It's shaped just like the C-70 Okhotnik UCAV which is currently being tested alongside the Su-57 as possibly its loyal wingman as well. Pretty damn cool!

maxresdefault.jpg

Same pattern on the belly as well.

3jtorv7uz6i21.jpg

EFzdD6wU0AEaKbs.png

Then you have the US Navy's brand new MQ-29 [CORRECTION - MQ-25A] Stingray unmanned aerial tanker! lol, the US is just nuts. Wonder how much fuel it carries, will have to look it up.

Screen-Shot-2020-05-21-at-9.19.41-AM.png

Last edited:
It's probably a very cool coincidence, nonetheless, most likely a coincidence but check out the pattern of the darker blue color on the Su-57's back. It's shaped just like the C-70 Okhotnik UCAV which is currently being tested alongside the Su-57 as possibly its loyal wingman as well. Pretty damn cool!

maxresdefault.jpg

Same pattern on the belly as well.

3jtorv7uz6i21.jpg

EFzdD6wU0AEaKbs.png

Then you have the US Navy's brand new MQ-29 Stingray unmanned aerial tanker! lol, the US is just nuts. Wonder how much fuel it carries, will have to look it up.

Screen-Shot-2020-05-21-at-9.19.41-AM.png
Yes you are right.. It is shapped as the C-70 Okhotnik UCAV .. because it might operate under or above the SU-57.. to hide it from Radar.. and vice versa..!

I'm not sure if this MQ-29 is not the new unmanned tanker that was tested lately!?

I'm not sure if this MQ-29 is not the new unmanned tanker that was tested lately!?

Sorry, MQ-25! Not 29, my bad. That photo might be from 2018 but they've been testing it recently I think it just had its first flight a week ago or something like that. This article from yesterday is talking about creating a west coast squadron base and studying its effects on the coastline.

Sorry, MQ-25! Not 29, my bad. That photo might be from 2018 but they've been testing it recently I think it just had its first flight a week ago or something like that. This article from yesterday is talking about creating a west coast squadron base and studying its effects on the coastline.

Just imagine a Drone Tanker..there must be tons of AI technologies integrated in it and even some on the fighter it will fill up.. just to be compatible.. very good idea by the US again.. but hey.. when you are the leader in advanced and new technologies in the world.. no one can expect less.. but still surprising!

Back
Top Bottom