What's new

Picture of the Day

This man (102 at the photo) has been driving the same car (a 1928 Rolls Royce) for 77 years.

They made 'em tough in the old days, huh? ;)

I am offering an image but by link only since it's 4,500 pixels x 1750.
It was taken on July 19th 2013 two years and a week ago by Cassini-Huygens
the joint ESA_NASA and Italy spacecraft taking ultra high resolution pictures of
our solar system. Click the image itself after clicking this link here for full size.

You and I live on the tiny dot at lower right of Saturn's main rings ensemble. The
"probe" was past Saturn looking back during a solar eclipse so inner planets show.

This was the cute project that asked everyone on Earth to smile at the first ever
"planned" selfie from that far!
The Day the Earth Smiled

Good day all, Tay.

Last edited:
Gorakh Hill Station of Sindh, Pakistan
Vxa2ee6.jpg

i will say that google search algorithm or employees have only picked up on social media trend... when there are millions of indian youth using "pappu" on facebook and twitter, among whom will be some google employees, google search is bound to reflect that.

plus, there are gossip sites or right-leaning news sites like the this one, ( Who is Pappu in India? Google Search answers 'Rahul Gandhi' & explains why! | Latest News & Gossip on Popular Trends at India.com ), from where google search picks up items...
How will Sonia Gandhi find Rahul Gandhi if he ever get lost in India? She will simply do a Google search writing – ‘Who is Pappu in India?’ and viola she can find her son back.

and the writer of that article is a female, presumably charmed at the moment by bjp than by rahul.

They made 'em tough in the old days, huh? ;)

I am offering an image but by link only since it's 4,500 pixels x 1750.
It was taken on July 19th 2013 two years and a week ago by Cassini-Huygens
the joint ESA_NASA and Italy spacecraft taking ultra high resolution pictures of
our solar system. Click the image itself after clicking this link here for full size.

You and I live on the tiny dot at lower right of Saturn's main rings ensemble. The
"probe" was past Saturn looking back during a solar eclipse so inner planets show.

i don't understand the image.

1. is that the actual coloration of saturn and rings??

2. is saturn's atmosphere semi-transparent, because the rings show on the upper part of the image... or do the rings become semi-transparent when seen against saturn??

i will say that google search algorithm or employees have only picked up on social media trend... when there are millions of indian youth using "pappu" on facebook and twitter, among whom will be some google employees, google search is bound to reflect that.

plus, there are gossip sites or right-leaning news sites like the this one, ( Who is Pappu in India? Google Search answers 'Rahul Gandhi' & explains why! | Latest News & Gossip on Popular Trends at India.com ), from where google search picks up items...
and the writer of that article is a female, presumably charmed at the moment by bjp than by rahul.

All these don't disprove the fact that he is Pappu! :D

1. is that the actual coloration of saturn and rings??

2. is saturn's atmosphere semi-transparent, because the rings show on the upper part of the image... or do the rings become semi-transparent when seen against saturn??

The rings are partially transparent and on the image, the coloration is computer added.
The view of Saturn without sunlight ( eclipse 8-) ) would have been bad anyway and it
was the intent to show the planets and moons or background, not the planet's face itself.

;) Good to read you, jamahir buddy! Later, Tay.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom