What's new

PIA plane crash near Model Colony Karachi with 93+ on board

True, but I am just trying to think of any and all possibilities - no matter how unlikely - to explain such an approach by such an experienced pilot landing at a familiar airport. Apologies if anyone is offended.
As stated by other members myself included it could possibly have to do with saving fuel, however minuscule (savings could be below 5%). With PIA recently in business restructuring phase it probably came from the management. If that is indeed the case and Airbus engineers conclude no issues with the aircraft itself; then management has to accept full responsibility.

Your comment would have been true had TTP been still roaming around freely. I don't think it is still a threat.

And why PIA only? Other airlines do not perceive it a risk?

Good points. May be that flight profile (and steep descent) was just routine for the experienced pilot over thousands of hours?

Good points. May be that flight profile (and steep descent) was just routine for the experienced pilot over thousands of hours?
Maybe... management gave steep descent orders when there was a risk of ground fire, and then it didn't update those?

Don't worry, our pilots bring passenger on single engine.....recent case of Toronto flight, where only one engine was functional . Dissolve pilot association, all labor unions. Fire extra staff. Pilots need to pass some kind of knowledge and fitness exam every year. Otherwise such donkey kongs keep on flying planes and risking the life of passengers and giving bad name to national carrier.

Guys everyone must watch this movie and see how the system is tense for pilots. It is true story and all facts shown in the movie are true and correct.

sully-poster-horiz.jpg
I have watched this one and it's air crash investigation too. both are worth watching.

No it can't be it's like parking a car at 100 km/ hour in a garage.

A few people (pros) may pull it with some cars or vehicles but no marginally sane person will attempt it with his family sitting with him.

Look, the fuel saving theory does not work - even if pilots are told to fly high to save fuel, you obviously have to descend for landing - the pilot is supposed to manage the rate he does this at.

And the talk of instruments not working etc is nonsense. Even if the instruments told the pilot his altitude was fine, he was warned verbally by ATC. He never raised any concerns about instruments or landing gear.

The pilots family, pilots association will all obviously want to shift blame or keep things hushed. But there are victims here, whose families have a right to full disclosure.

Suddenly people are looking to blame everyone other than the guy who is confirmed over-altitude, over-speed and over-confident.

CVR not yet recovered, conversation between pilot & ATC leaked out, cant believe.. and members posting all trash to fix the decased pilot..

CVR not yet recovered, conversation between pilot & ATC leaked out, cant believe.. and members posting all trash to fix the decased pilot..

The CVR has been recovered, reportedly.

PALPA is a body that plays politics. If there were ever proper investigation in Dec 2016 ATR crash, this crash would not have happened. There are pilots whose licenses are in question. Their cases are pending with CAA. No action is taken. Whenever pilot issue comes up PALPA comes his defence. There have been no pilot certification of PIA for a long time.

I found this report leaked on social media. I hope this is true. The highlighted parts are very revealing. If this PIA investigation is not carried out impartially without a vested interest jeopardizing its outcome, there is a bigger air crash waiting in the future.

20200601_095138.jpg
20200601_095141.jpg
20200601_095144.jpg
20200601_095138.jpg
20200601_095141.jpg
20200601_095144.jpg

There was no issue with landing gears. The ATC communication reveals background beep which means

1) the aircraft has reached critical altitude and landing gears are not deployed
2) The pilot is trying to deploy landing gears but height and altitude does not allow.

In this case 2) is the true case.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom