What's new

Photos of the Chinese Armed Forces

There was one at my university which I got to do experiments in once. It is a small garage sized room and the blue tiles have a mild but unpleasant smell. They are treated with flame retardants just incase when testing higher powered electromagnetic devices and it's not too good to stay inside for too long because air is not good. It's also very easy to get carbon on your hand when moving these around.

What is your major? Whatever you are doing sounds awfully interesting.

My major is in electrical/computer engineering and I'm interested in wireless communications in an indoor environment settings.

Some of the work is involving frequency selective surfaces which is like a filter for electromangetic waves so I was just doing some testing.

It's not actually as exotic as it sounds, and devil is always in the details (joy killer):)

Lol should get back on topic.

My major is in electrical/computer engineering and I'm interested in wireless communications in an indoor environment settings.

Some of the work is involving frequency selective surfaces which is like a filter for electromangetic waves so I was just doing some testing.

It's not actually as exotic as it sounds, and devil is always in the details (joy killer):)

Lol should get back on topic.

Same here! Although this is not too much of a coincidence considering the profession of most of my Asian friends.

I have a question regarding magnetic shielding. When I was first studying electromagnetic physics we talked a great deal about the cancelling of magnetic fields through superpositioning. Is this how magnetic-shielding is achieved in real-life?

Personally I think for time varying electromagnetic fields area-wide cancelling through superposition is hard to achieve. Special case might exist (as you might sometime noticed with your FM radio on your MP3 player when near a solid concrete wall, you get standing waves and alternating strong and weak signals when moving away from said wall) but generally the approach is to shield the whole area so that from the outside so that it is purely an electrical reflector. The mesh in your microwave screen is frequency selective surface as it lets light through so you can see your food while keeping the microwave in. In that way speaking in the most general sense all material are frequency selective to some extent.

The trouble of applying it in an indoor environment setting is that you can't really shield doorways, ventilator shaft and windows. So unwanted frequency bands will still get in. And if you have FSS applied to other parts of the room in interest, then it actually makes it harder for the energy to come back out again, so actually making the problem worse.

Interference between WLAN systems inside indoors is getting worse and resource often inefficient utilized. You have high user density and can't rely on distance dependent loss as you could with mobile phone towers. And there is also alot of clutters inside a building at the frequency range of interest.

If you are just talking about a magnetic field ferrite core helps but I'm not familiar with that part.

"Peace Mission 2010 "anti-terror military exercise of the armed forces of the member states of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization.
148_72972_07021177da203b4.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

148_72972_a425122cbe0136d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom