What's new

Philippines, China eye compromise to end standoff

We were talking about your pathetic performance in second world war against japnese. I am not talking about your spanking in 1979. You should be thanking me. :lol:

That wasn't us (PRC). That was ROC, now Taiwan. So much for your professed love of Taiwan lmao. Different government and different military makes all the difference. That's why we defeated the US, which itself defeated Japan, in North Korea.

On the other hand, Indian Army in 1962 is still the Indian Army. The Indian Army has a tradition of defeat and humiliation.

That wasn't us (PRC). That was ROC, now Taiwan. So much for your professed love of Taiwan lmao. Different government and different military makes all the difference. That's why we defeated the US, which itself defeated Japan, in North Korea.

On the other hand, Indian Army in 1962 is still the Indian Army. The Indian Army has a tradition of defeat and humiliation.

uncle wen obviously didnt tell you about the two skirmishes afterwards, where your boys ran back with their panties similar to 62 :azn:

Actually, Chinese coast guard still patrols our Huangyan Island (Scarborough Shoal). We now have a rotating permanent naval presence mere kilometers away from Manila. And still the USA is too scared of China to do anything.
My friend, ever focused on 'wait and see policy' of US? Never assume that your rivals are scared. Specially not USA.

It is actually good that USA is showing tolerance. You never know when some people in power in US loose their cool.

uncle wen obviously didnt tell you about the two skirmishes afterwards, where your boys ran back with their panties similar to 62 :azn:

The Chola incident has been politicized for a long time. Truth is, China has still killed and captured far more Indians than Indians have to Chinese.

in 1986, it was India that de-escalated its deployment first. That was because India was afraid of being utterly destroyed again.

Only Indians would consider these as "victories". It is as ludicrous as yelling at the sun at sunset "Yeah, that's right, get back behind those hills!" and after the sun sets, you scream "I WON! EVEN THE SUN IS SCARED OF ME!"

The Chola incident has been politicized for a long time. Truth is, China has still killed and captured far more Indians than Indians have to Chinese.

in 1986, it was India that de-escalated its deployment first. That was because India was afraid of being utterly destroyed again.

Only Indians would consider these as "victories". It is as ludicrous as yelling at the sun at sunset "Yeah, that's right, get back behind those hills!" and after the sun sets, you scream "I WON! EVEN THE SUN IS SCARED OF ME!"

amusing logic, although it fails. in both skirmishes chinese were the intruders and beaten back.
in 62 as well, chinese ran back when the numbers were evenly matched. India still has a higher kill ratio against PLA. :lol:

even today, all PLA can do is hit and run. that's all they are good at.

amusing logic, although it fails. in both skirmishes chinese were the intruders and beaten back.
in 62 as well, chinese ran back when the numbers were evenly matched. India still has a higher kill ratio against PLA. :lol:

Let me enlighten you:

Prime Minister Nehru, in a seemingly intractable diplomatic position authorized the use of force against PRC assets in Ladakh, south of the McMahon Line, in order to defend his conception of Indian territorial integrity on October 9, 1962 (Eekelen 1967, 114). The resulting response from the PRC was a devastating counterattack on October 20, 1962 crushing the Indian military. A second Chinese offensive began on November 16, 1962, completely defeating Indian forces in the region (Vertzberger 1984, 66). On November 21, 1962 the PRC declared a unilateral ceasefire, and withdrew 20 km behind the line of actual control represented in Figure 1. Afterwards, no further military engagements ensued. In the aftermath of this limited war the PRC suffered 1,400 casualties in comparison with the Indian military’s 3,120 dead, 3,100 captured, and 1,000 wounded (Feng, Cheng, and Wortzel 2003, 188).

Source: http://www.du.edu/korbel/jais/journal/volume1/volume1_abitbol.pdf

Kill ratio means jack. Reality is that China humiliated India in the only war ever fought between the two nations and China is still noticeably more powerful then India.

Also, Chinese accomplishment during Korean conflict still amazes me.

correct, but there is another reality. china cannot hold arunachal pradesh. so why even bother attacking, for Sh*ts and giggles?

the hit n run tactics dont seem to serve any purpose

Let me enlighten you:

Prime Minister Nehru, in a seemingly intractable diplomatic position authorized the use of force against PRC assets in Ladakh, south of the McMahon Line, in order to defend his conception of Indian territorial integrity on October 9, 1962 (Eekelen 1967, 114). The resulting response from the PRC was a devastating counterattack on October 20, 1962 crushing the Indian military. A second Chinese offensive began on November 16, 1962, completely defeating Indian forces in the region (Vertzberger 1984, 66). On November 21, 1962 the PRC declared a unilateral ceasefire, and withdrew 20 km behind the line of actual control represented in Figure 1. Afterwards, no further military engagements ensued. In the aftermath of this limited war the PRC suffered 1,400 casualties in comparison with the Indian military’s 3,120 dead, 3,100 captured, and 1,000 wounded (Feng, Cheng, and Wortzel 2003, 188).

Source: http://www.du.edu/korbel/jais/journal/volume1/volume1_abitbol.pdf

Kill ratio means jack. Reality is that China humiliated India in the only war ever fought between the two nations and China is still noticeably more powerful then India.

Also, Chinese accomplishment during Korean conflict still amazes me.

who had asked for your intervention? your country has lost all wars against India and crossed all levels of humiliations..are you not ashamed of it ? or don’t you respect Indians out here who hardly talk about our war victories against you…..if you look at Chinese, when they have nothing to support their comment, they start talking about 1962 as they know Indians are emotional s and they can manage to derail the thread…

Abhi is very well handling these 2cent jokers…..u r unnecessarily poking your nose!

who had asked for your intervention? your country has lost all wars against India and crossed all levels of humiliations..are you not ashamed of it ? or don’t you respect Indians out here who hardly talk about our war victories against you…..if you look at Chinese, when they have nothing to support their comment, they start talking about 1962 as they know Indians are emotional s and they can manage to derail the thread…

Abhi is very well handling these 2cent jokers…..u r unnecessarily poking your nose!
Last time I checked - this is Pakistan Defence Forum. And every member is free to participate in any discussion. Fact is that China is stronger then India. And Pakistan is close to China. Therefore, motivation to support Chinese where possible comes to me naturally.

And Pakistan has not lost all wars against India. Pakistan captured half of Kashmir in 1947. 1965 ended in stalemate because Pakistan had to divert resources from Kashmir to save other regions. While Pakistan handled India very well in other regions during 1965 - India got revenge against Pakistan during 1971. And Kargil resulted in ill-fashioned retreat from our side due to international pressure. Keeping in mind the disparity between Pakistan and India, my country has held its own. Now move on.

Last time I checked - this is Pakistan Defence Forum. And every member is free to participate in any discussion. Fact is that China is stronger then India. And Pakistan is close to China. Therefore, motivation to support Chinese where possible comes to me naturally.

And Pakistan has not lost all wars against India. Pakistan captured half of Kashmir in 1947. 1965 ended in stalemate because Pakistan had to divert resources from Kashmir to save other regions. While Pakistan handled India very well in other regions during 1965 - India got revenge against Pakistan during 1971. And Kargil resulted in ill-fashioned retreat from our side due to international pressure. Keeping in mind the disparity between Pakistan and India, my country has held its own. Now move on.

And you think we will buy any junk stuff just because it’s a PDF? Is it run by Pakistan government for Pakistan? Com’n dude, what you said is respected as you love your country and wont easily tolerate if anyone says anything that hurts you…mate…we try best not to hurt you…..but if you see the business of these 2 cents…they are doing nothing but to inflame every thread and make us fight against each other…I like you guys more than I hate chindies…so no hurt feeling for you…and pls stay away from this tussle between an Indian and a Chinese or stick to main topic…

when Indians can stick their nonses everywhere, why cant others to join to contribute something meaningful, because at the end day, delusional indians will only bring delusion

lol killing ratio again, the only thing you can make yourself better from the humilation,, but from any reputable sources, clueless bhartis suffered far more losses...

hit and run is one of the mostly common tactics used by any of the armies, in acient time by Huns, Turks and Mongols, and in present time been used by US, British, Japanese, PLA Vietnamese....but I guess when it applies to bhartis it evolves to run and run, and the outcome is a race rulled by others for more than a millenia

Back
Top Bottom