What's new

Philippines 48 Fighter Jets, 6 Submarines, Anti-ship cruise missiles: CNAS

No where in the Article is it mentioned who is going to pay Philippines Armed Force as much as $6B for such a large scale Purchase.

At best it is a dream, it would take Ages for Philippines to train pilots-engineers-technicians considering there is a complete absence-shortage of such Crew. The most weird thing is with out Air Defense how is Air Force going to operate.

Jhungray, Arms Procurement is not as easy as you stated by you it take Years, it takes money, expertise, requirements...Philippines cannot pay $6B or more in next 20+ Years.

The country has so much poverty that needs immediate attention instead of animosity with a big neighbor, the best course of action should be to make peace with China and invite them to invest in Philippines lots of local jobs would be created.

I'm just going to reply on how much you berated the Philippines without checking any facts.

True, all of this is like buying a Lambo without a license. To describe us as dirt poor as if we couldn't afford a prop plane, maybe you should look at the current evnts and numbers.

PH's GDP is higher than Pakistans, our USD reserves are close to $90Billion compared to your $18Billion. people can argue that it can't be used in order to keep our currency levels in check, doesn't matter, it's money in the bank and quadruple yours. If we were to actually use those reserves at $6Billion/yr, Pakistan can pay that much in 3 years before it bankrupts itself compared to the Philippines that could do that for 15yrs straight.

We just ordered 12 new KAI FA-50s for close to half a Billion USD, IMO a good start. Not as large as Pakistan current capability but we don't recieve $3Billion USD/yr from the US in Aid like you do...last i checked it was only 30million 2012 and 10million the year before and we don't hide terrorists, we hunt em.

lolz the oldest chinatown in the world is in the philippines, we've been dealing with China for hundreds of years, we're more experienced in dealing with the Chinese then you give us credit for.

Since you like giving out advice, Pakistan should make peace with India. They seem to have a better sense of business as you can see from their $1Trillion+ economy

PH's GDP is higher than Pakistans, our USD reserves are close to $90Billion compared to your $18Billion. people can argue that it can't be used in order to keep our currency levels in check, doesn't matter, it's money in the bank and quadruple yours. If we were to actually use those reserves at $6Billion/yr, Pakistan can pay that much in 3 years before it bankrupts itself compared to the Philippines that could do that for 15yrs straight.

We just ordered 12 new KAI FA-50s for close to half a Billion USD, IMO a good start. Not as large as Pakistan current capability but we don't recieve $3Billion USD/yr from the US in Aid like you do...last i checked it was only 30million 2012 and 10million the year before and we don't hide terrorists, we hunt em.

Since you like giving out advice, Pakistan should make peace with India. They seem to have a better sense of business as you can see from their $1Trillion+ economy

Thankyou for your input. First would discuss peace with hindustan, there can be no peace with a country that does not want peace in the first place, peace would only prevail when Kashmir issue is resolved both are nuclear countries, compared to China vs Philippines so you need to work with logic that is where you logic went flawed.

Philippines GDP has been higher then Pakistan for almost a decade but your Armed Force had been sleeping at the time with poor 50 years old equipment for Navy and Army or mainly US origin and completely non existent Air Force money could have lease US F-16s..No? Right. Being with better GDP you should focus the development of your country there is much poverty in your country so is in Pakistan but the over all picture to maintain military to the extend is necessity for Pakistan due to Afghanistan and some how due to Iran and potentially a few more Enemies.

Funny with $90B reserves you still get oldest poorest equipment from US, you could have ordered F-16s than TA-50. I know quiet a few people met them who are from Philippines working abroad in middle east and Canada because the poverty level is extreme and alarming where as countries ministers and president are getting richer. I am impressed with PESO stability of vs dollar but it is also the Fact a large % are living in poverty. I can't give you a better example than China that developed its economy and improved its Armed Force that is not the case in Philippines you tell me your economy is doing great but the STATs tells people are fedup and in extreme poverty in Philippines.

I have a friend that works as a supervisor in a Philippines Hotel and the pay is 3200 Peso too low and tells me there is no fan installed poor working conditions. I can list you many stories trust me your giving me wrong picture of your country even people can't afford water bills living in a single room apartment with no attach bathroom costs 1500-2000 peso and you are telling me Philippines is doing fine people have no money to eat for God sakes don't lie.

Thankyou for your input. First would discuss peace with hindustan, there can be no peace with a country that does not want peace in the first place, peace would only prevail when Kashmir issue is resolved both are nuclear countries, compared to China vs Philippines so you need to work with logic that is where you logic went flawed.

Philippines GDP has been higher then Pakistan for almost a decade but your Armed Force had been sleeping at the time with poor 50 years old equipment for Navy and Army or mainly US origin and completely non existent Air Force money could have lease US F-16s..No? Right. Being with better GDP you should focus the development of your country there is much poverty in your country so is in Pakistan but the over all picture to maintain military to the extend is necessity for Pakistan due to Afghanistan and some how due to Iran and potentially a few more Enemies.

Funny with $90B reserves you still get oldest poorest equipment from US, you could have ordered F-16s than TA-50. I know quiet a few people met them who are from Philippines working abroad in middle east and Canada because the poverty level is extreme and alarming where as countries ministers and president are getting richer. I am impressed with PESO stability of vs dollar but it is also the Fact a large % are living in poverty. I can't give you a better example than China that developed its economy and improved its Armed Force that is not the case in Philippines you tell me your economy is doing great but the STATs tells people are fedup and in extreme poverty in Philippines.

I have a friend that works as a supervisor in a Philippines Hotel and the pay is 3200 Peso too low and tells me there is no fan installed poor working conditions. I can list you many stories trust me your giving me wrong picture of your country even people can't afford water bills living in a single room apartment with no attach bathroom costs 1500-2000 peso and you are telling me Philippines is doing fine people have no money to eat for God sakes don't lie.

I was speaking in a gov't budget perspective not individual wealth, yes there are still many many people in PH living under the poverty line...but it's not limited to us only, and unlike other countries PH's economy right now, is on an uptrend. For comparison and a broad measurement of standard of living, PH's GDP Purchasing power of the 1 person in PH is $4,200+ compared to PK's $2,400. So, i'm just saying before you start berating PH with outdated facts based on the 90's check your own first. I'm sure i can find a story on google about a family in Pakistan who live in the streets, no home, no food nor water, begging for scraps of bread. So your point is moot.

It's very simple why our military is easily considered one of the poorest equipped, looking at history, the US has bases in PH and provided the external protection till the mid 90s and after that we didn't really have any enemies to actually build up against. Unlike PK's history with British India's partition in 1947, you guys have been in several wars since. Your gov't needed to build their armed forces and nuclear technology as deterrents.

So it was not actually a lack of funds on our end that we have a decrepit military, our past administrations just preferred not to prioritize building a military as there was really no need after WWII, prior to that our military was one of the strongest in Asia - 2nd to Japan. Were re-building now and we can afford what we need, it just won't be extravagant compared to the super mighty Pakistani armed forces...

Honestly, do you think your quarrel with India is territory? It's curious to know what once was one nation is divided between Majority Muslim and Hindu's and you're saying it about territory. At least in PH, were reforming and are close to ending the Christian/Muslim wars...something longer then your war with India.

It's very simple why our military is easily considered one of the poorest equipped, looking at history, the US has bases in PH and provided the external protection till the mid 90s and after that we didn't really have any enemies to actually build up against. Unlike PK's history with British India's partition in 1947, you guys have been in several wars since. Your gov't needed to build their armed forces and nuclear technology as deterrents.

So it was not actually a lack of funds on our end that we have a decrepit military, our past administrations just preferred not to prioritize building a military as there was really no need after WWII, prior to that our military was one of the strongest in Asia - 2nd to Japan. Were re-building now and we can afford what we need, it just won't be extravagant compared to the super mighty Pakistani armed forces...

Well you may not have read my past posts on various Threads on poverty in Pakistan and corruption, and you can definitely bring in stories of poverty but I still maintain the poverty is still much more in Philippines then in Pakistan despite more FOREX and less population than Pakistan, something is wrong and that wrong is your government so is our government.

Now I would again debunk the logic. Really US left and didn't even bother to sell or even offered good reasonable equipment to its Ally all these years. C-130s/F-5s conditions deteriorated all equipment started to die out and your Armed Forces didn't bother to even maintain it. I mean if you are going by the logic that in peace time I don't need Military preparedness and weapons/equipment and if something comes up then we'll buy and that time is a poor poor strategy and logic. Peace times is where you make use of and prepare so all the hard works comes into play during any Conflict-War.

Different countries different priorities. You make your own judgement who did it right and who did it wrong. Pakistan developed a robust weapons industry, Philippines developed a robust IT industry. Who has the edge? I think in the long run, Philippines edges because the IT industry has better growth potential. Weapons are expensive and becomes obsolete after 20 years (zero return on investment), but IT evolves year by year. But we are in a military forum so it leans on a country with a strong military. I think the best "balanced" strategy is the one Vietnam employs wherein they buy weapons but pours energy to developing their economy.

Corruption is a problem in the Philippines. It will take years for Philippines to Modernise the military

But its a start i been to the top places in manila and other provinces a lot Infrastructure projects etc.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom