What's new

Peshawar Metro Bus Project Cost Increased to 57 BILLION

PTI should have waited till next election, ab bohat lanat parne wali hai in per election year mein lol This thing will cost more then Lahore and Multan metro bus combined. And unlike punjab, PTI is taking loan of Rs 50 billion from ADB.

Pehle 13 bad mein 37 aur ab 57, is se mein 50 loan hai hahahaha

In logon se kuon sa yh complete ho jaani hai, 6 months mein Metro ? Impossible! abi to puri details he nai finalize hwi, iska b wohi haal hona jo KPK Anti corruption Unit ke sath hwa.

Last edited:
In logon se kuon sa yh complete ho jaani hai, 6 months mein Metro ? Impossible! abi to puri details se nai finalize hwi, iska b wohi haal hona jo KPK Anti corruption Unit ke sath hwa.

Cost will likely increase further once project start.

Until i got any official source i wont gonna believe on media cell of dawn leak wali .

lmao documents were presented in KPK parliament. Media also got copy of them

Agay election aa rha hai na PTI ko maal chahiye uske liye.

lmao documents were presented in KPK parliament. Media also got copy of them

PTI Can't possibly justify spending such a HUGE amount of money on this project when the Lahore metro only cost around 28 billion.

What i think reason for this huge cost could be that, PTI need massive amount of funding for next election to buy possible candidates and they are probably seeing this as a Paycheck.

There seems to be no credible sources or supporting evidence provided.

I rather doubt the story for now. However it could be they expanded the scope of the project knowing that the funds to do so are there???...

Pakistanis tend to be very quick at being the first ones to cast the first stone..... Let's wait and see... if this is true... then it should make other headlines.

Provide the source if possible. Without the source, the thread should be disbanded as soon as possible. It is against the policy of this forum. Post the source, OP.

Provide the source if possible. Without the source, the thread should be disbanded as soon as possible. It is against the policy of this forum. Post the source, OP.

Oh bhai, this document was presented in KPK assembly today several newspapers reported it and the source had already been shared here a couple of times. Anyways I added the original link you can check it out!

Oh bhai, this document was presented in KPK assembly today several newspapers reported it and the source had already been shared here a couple of times. Anyways I added the original link you can check it out!

No offense, but without the source, that goes the integrity of the article. I am glad you posted the source. Thanks for the article. :D

Thanks to OP for the source, this is what i have discovered so far.

According to the documents, the cost of infrastructure and establishment of depots increased by 62.5 per cent to Rs39 billion from Rs24 billion, while utility relocation cost has been increased by a whopping 740 per cent to Rs4.2 billion as compared with the previous Rs500 million in the newly approved design.

The project has been approved with new cost of Rs57.23 billion, in which Rs50 billion will be provided by the Asian Development Bank (ADB) as a soft loan and Rs7.23 billion by the K-P government.

Not only that, even for the consultant service cost two times more especially for the original plan and then again for the new approved design.

The official said many ‘technical flaws’ were made in the design despite the fact that millions were given to the consultant for preparation of the design.

“Now after changes in the alignment, the government has again paid millions of rupees for the redesigned plan of the project,” the official added.

Aside from the investments on the BRT, even consultant services had been obtained twice which ended up doubling the million dollars. I am glad it stopped at new approved design because it was beginning to seem like it would be only consultant service which alone could have been closer to billion dollars.

According to details, BRT in Peshawar will be accessible to 17.54 per cent of the city’s total population or a total of over 500,000 individuals. According to the plan, the BRT routes will be extended beyond the corridor to provide ease to the population living in the urban localities of the city.

Only 17 percent? That is pathetic as its can get considering the BRT routes will be extended beyond the corridor meaning more billion dollars will be spent on. That is beyond the stupidity.

Meanwhile, PMLN is expanding its metro projects including rails within the budget. Not to mention, brand new Airport is also being completed within the budget as well.

I am glad PTI is not federal elected government, otherwise, Pakistan could have been in trillion dollars in debt given the mindset of Imran Khan and his team for BRT system alone. :confused:

Corruption, corruption & only corruption.

PMLN is expanding its metro projects including rails within the budget. Not to mention, brand new Airport is also being completed within the budget as well

Nawaz is the sole saviour, the Ameer-ul-mominin ... Long live the corruption free King!

Nawaz is the sole saviour, the Ameer-ul-mominin ... Long live the corruption free King!
He is media cell guy just leave him alone he will fall with his King next week no pay .

I am not really fan of him since he is product of Zia-ul-Haq who supported Zia-ul-Haq for Blasphemy Law and the conservative mindset culture. If anything, you should be rooting for Nawaz Sharif since he is your man concerning the ideology of the matter. :D

# If you could argue, i support stability in the face of anarchism that almost brought civil war in form of racial war to break Pakistan apart and undermined the economy of Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom