What's new

PDF in steep decline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I have been posting on PDF for over 7 years now always found it to be vibrant, diverse and accomodating of differant opinions. However of late there appears to be agenda driving the mod team. @Dubious and @The Eagle have managed to wreck what was bastion of free speach and turned PDF into a narrow, low quality posting forum. Many quality members have left and those still around rarely post. Instead there appears to be few knobs with pack of immature young kids screaching behind them. I write this only because having been on this forum for a long time I feel rather sad about where it is now.

You really need to look into this @WebMaster I have lot of respect for you, if you indeed are the same Webby. There was talk by some that you had moved on.

Better open a thread in GHQ. And write a comprehensive account of what you think with evidence

Lot of banning have resulted in Indians running away. We need to try to bring them on the forum. Having them was the fun part of this forum. As for seculars they were eventually going to run away

7 Years, huh. Yeah, me too. Maybe not the same number of posts, but who's counting...

Did it ever occur to you that times change - people change?

If someone was 30, single and had all the time in the World to discuss the upcoming features of JF-17's Block II in 2012 - is 37, married, pick the kids from school, loans and all that awesome sh!t - person now. Who may not have the time to post 'quality' stuff.

7 years ago, I didn't even have a smart phone. I had one of them Radioshack Dinosaur-age buttons crap that only had SMS service.

Now i'm certainly not suggesting that you're old, retired, divorced in a rocking chair with your iPhone V connected to power socket just waiting to post 'quality' material on PDF.

The very 'pack of immature young kids' will gradually learn from ELITE MEMBERS such as yourself, and hopefully they'll grow into 'pack of immature adults'.

Lot of banning have resulted in Indians running away. We need to try to bring them on the forum. Having them was the fun part of this forum. As for seculars they were eventually going to run away
I agree. Hiding Indians behind a ban is silly. India as a country is still there. You need to know your adversery.

This forum is chaos theory with no ladder out of the chaos, it's better to not get too worked up and just flow with the chaos.
No it is not anymore. Indeed it was 'chaos theory with no ladder' [succinctly put I must say] before but mods have muzzled and capped the chaos leading to what you see now. A forum that resembles occupied Kashmir. Muzzled, curfewed, contained.

I have been posting on PDF for over 7 years now always found it to be vibrant, diverse and accomodating of differant opinions. However of late there appears to be agenda driving the mod team. @Dubious and @The Eagle have managed to wreck what was bastion of free speach and turned PDF into a narrow, low quality posting forum. Many quality members have left and those still around rarely post. Instead there appears to be few knobs with pack of immature young kids screaching behind them. I write this only because having been on this forum for a long time I feel rather sad about where it is now.

You really need to look into this @WebMaster I have lot of respect for you, if you indeed are the same Webby. There was talk by some that you had moved on.

Boohoo... Mods don't tolerate my garbage ,racist and anti-islam posts = forum declining ....

It's like every tom,dick and harry is screaming " injustice" when they are banned.

Just because your racist posts are not allowed doesn't mean it is in steep decline
Holding harsh views on MQM does not make me racist anymore then holding strong views on PPP or PTM make people racist. Or is MQM above others? Kind of a holy cow??

Holding harsh views on MQM does not make me racist anymore then holding strong views on PPP or PTM make people racist. Or is MQM above others? Kind of a holy cow??

I have myself bashed MQM on this forum

Racist posts are racist posts. We all know them

Racist posts are racist posts. We all know them
Tell me, if I am racist why am I so cool with so many Indians from the very pool that you came from? Are they halal because they are Hindu?

Hey Zarvan I have known you now for some time although we rarely agreed on much but I never doubted your patriotism and sincerity even if I believed you were misinformed. However leaving that asides I read you were ill. I hope you have made full recovery. If you ever visit UK you and I can have some good time in London with the ladies after I take you to barbers and get you groomed/shaved. Yes hazrat???

This is true. I feel the standard of the forum started going downhill before the recent events. Over the last few months it is pretty sad:(

Until 2017 the forum was still awesome. Lot of actual defence related information and debates happened. There were fights and all but overall the quality was top notch.

In about a month, it will be 10 years since I joined this forum. My post count is not much and I don't post anymore, but I read very regularly (almost daily) and know lot of old and new members who have contributed though their knowledge and experience.

Not sure how much space there is between Indian and Pakistani members to have discussions or even heated debates without things quickly going out of control and abuses flying leading to quick ban. Language does get pretty rough and name calling is common.

I will continue to read but every time I feel like replying to a post I stop myself.

Thanks for creating this thread.

Just because your racist posts are not allowed doesn't mean it is in steep decline
The problem is his racist posts are not allowed. By your posts, which are more offensive are allowed.

It's obvious many members not just Indians have left or have limited their activity. It's up to the moderation team to decide which way this forum is gonna go. Make it an echo chamber, do so. It has its benefits, I'm not gonna deny. Make it a place of diverse views and quality discussion, it will take some effort. And doesn't seem possible with current moderation.

I don't particularly care anymore. I don't post much these days. I have posted a lot here, in the past. So just giving my opinion for old times sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom