What's new

PAT- Dr. Tahir-Ul-Qadri's Political Desk

He is a politician and is leaving a way out for himself. He doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself.
Thats what all the politicians do?
But, he is the only one with the perfect education, what about others & Thier qualifications?

Glad you agree that he's a politician like the rest :D

Dr Tahir-ul-Qadri (TahirulQadri) on Twitter

Canadian cleric calls for revolution in Pak: Who is Tahir-ul-Qadri?

The Pakistani-Canadian cleric seeking to lead a peaceful "revolution" to bring down the government in his homeland, is hailed as a saviour by his followers but considered a military stooge by his detractors.

He gained a measure of international attention for his scholarship on moderate Sufi Islam including a fatwa against suicide bombings, feted by some in the West.

But his latest return to Pakistan where he seeks to topple the government of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif for alleged election-rigging has made him a divisive figure and once again put the country's fragile democracy in the spotlight.

His critics say he is a dangerous demagogue who has allowed himself to be used by the powerful army -- which has ruled Pakistan for more than half its existence -- to carry out its own agenda of destabilising civilian authorities.

His supporters -- mainly drawn from the educated lower middle classes of populous Punjab province -- see him as a man who can effect a "revolution" and as an antidote to Pakistan's corrupt power elite.

Since Qadri's arrival in Pakistan in June amid chaotic scenes that saw his Emirates flight diverted from Islamabad to Lahore, his supporters have been involved in clashes with police that have left at least 10 protesters dead according to authorities -- though the group alleges 22.

In a telephone interview from his Pakistan Awami Tehreek (Pakistan People's Movement) headquarters in Lahore, the 63-year-old blamed Sharif for tarnishing his group's peaceful reputation.

"Since our foundation 33 years ago, there (has been) no single incident of any (even) minor violence. How could our workers become violent all of a sudden now? This is all disinformation."

A former university professor, Qadri meticulously reels off a list of articles in the constitution he says the government has violated, and lays out his own vision for a highly devolved form of democracy that would see the creation of dozens of provinces over the present four.

- Sufi moderate -

In 1981 Qadri set set up Tehreek-e-Minhaj-ul-Quran, a religious and educational network promoting inter-faith harmony that operates in more than 70 countries.

He founded a political party but took until 2002 to get elected to parliament under military dictator Pervez Musharraf, only to resign two years later after purportedly becoming fed up with the system.

Newspaper columnist Ayaz Amir sees in Qadri's movement the political expression of a traditional South Asian form of Sufi Islam, with its reverence for saints and shrines and tolerance for Shiites, that has been relegated to the background for decades.

"The dominant Islam since the time of Zia-ul-Haq has been those elements which were all right-wing Islamists," he said, referring to Pakistan's second military ruler who helped finance and train the Afghan Muhajideen who later became the Taliban.

"Only now is Qadri giving a political voice to this form of Islam... this is a positive development and something that must be strengthened."

Prime Minister Sharif has hinted that both Qadri and the protest's other leader, former cricket hero Imran Khan, are being used by the army -- which is angry overMusharraf's ongoing treason trial -- to destabilise the government.

But while Khan leads the country's third-largest party, Qadri's followers boycotted the last election following a similar "long march" on the capital last January that resulted in a peaceful sit-in lasting four days.

"Qadri is not a legitimate player in this game," said columnist Umair Javed.

Others have cited Qadri's dual citizenship as problematic, saying he has not proved he is even rooted in Pakistan where the law prevents dual nationals from contesting for parliament.

Qadri dismisses the argument.

"If the stage comes that I am going to contest election of parliament then at that time I will decide what I have to do.

"Sometimes you can bring constitutional amendments too... I don't believe this is a fair provision," he said.

Canadian cleric calls for revolution in Pak: Who is Tahir-ul-Qadri?

Qadri is a brilliant cleric but a terrible politician

just like IM, brilliant cricketer but terrible politician

A monarchy government allowed super democratic THUGS to march with militants till Zero point Islamabad.
Shame on media goons spreading anarchy.
Are we talking about the Noora govt , which has killed innocent PAT workers in lahore? It's simply barbaric?
The same govt which is involved in horse trading?
Black marketing of chickens ?
& getting bribes to let a international criminal run away?
All was done by its provinciaI also law minster ?

Are we talking about the Noora govt , which has killed innocent PAT workers in lahore? It's simply barbaric?
The same govt which is involved in horse trading?
Black marketing of chickens ?
& getting bribes to let a international criminal run away?
All was done by its provinciaI also law minster ?

and tell me who is innocent here? and who was innocent in previous assemblies? open your mind. i am fail to understand this utter layman mentality when its comes to politics. Politics itself means dirty games and show me a single country in this world where politics played without these 'Hera Pheri'? We are not living in perfect world.

I answer it before that only militants were down and there is no mercy for terrorists.
We know very well how this Stupid Khan expand its bank balance, Villa in Bani Gala, UK business and much more so come out of footpath man mentality and live in more sensible way.

Even you couldn't be angel when it's comes to make money in politics or out of politics so there is no need to be so naive.
Well, if Law minister exposed then it is his mistake and he should pay cost of his carelessness. No matter new one will come.

What next?

and tell me who is innocent here? and who was innocent in previous assemblies? open your mind. i am fail to understand this utter layman mentality when its comes to politics. Politics itself means dirty games and show me a single country in this world where politics played without these 'Hera Pheri'? We are not living in perfect world.

I answer it before that only militants were down and there is no mercy for terrorists.
We know very well how this Stupid Khan expand its bank balance, Villa in Bani Gala, UK business and much more so come out of footpath man mentality and live in more sensible way.

Even you couldn't be angel when it's comes to make money in politics or out of politics so there is no need to be so naive.
Well, if Law minister exposed then it is his mistake and he should pay cost of his carelessness. No matter new one will come.

What next?
All of IK, s earnings are reported to be fair , cause he was the top sports man, more then 20 years .?
& at least he never looted the money from pakistan cause he wasn't was in politics before?
& how noora became the 3rd largest investor in UK, by selling chicken's in punjab?
For you sure gullu butt is the next PM of pakistan but, for us , he is the hired criminal like rana mashhud- & his bribe collecting boss CM of punjab?
Just think beyond your, noora logy?

All of IK, s earnings are reported to be fair , cause he was the top sports man, more then 20 years .?
& at least he never looted the money from pakistan cause he wasn't was in politics before?
& how noora became the 3rd largest investor in UK, by selling chicken's in punjab?
For you sure gullu butt is the next PM of pakistan but, for us , he is the hired criminal like rana mashhud- & his bribe collecting boss CM of punjab?
Just think beyond your, noora logy?

How old are you?
How corrupt is Imran Khan, you even don't know KID, do you read fact finding report of PTI over their defeat? It's mentioned on page no 5 that IK sold every tickets so in result only good earning business man could get right to participate in elections and deserved intellectuals went on 5th row because of lack of money and you are saying that he is saint?

What the heck this dumb Shah Mehmood Qureshi, Asad Umer, Tareen and others are in front row? Do these old retarded corrupt politicians will make Naya Pakistan being as right hand of IK?
I am telling one thing and will repeat where it will worth that if if if in any case (Inshaallah this time will never come) PTI made it's way to government then these GHAAK KHILLARI like Qureshi, Tareen and others will throw out IK like used tissue paper. Politics is very very dirty game baby.

Nawas Sharief's whole family is Business originated so they doing business and here not a shame to be 3rd Investers in UK as they are investing in Pakistan too. OK, what you are saying that because of this low life IK sharief family should stop to do business because unfortunately they are not cricket men?

May be you don't know but i would like to share with you that they constructed industry in Musharraf period when they were in damn under watch.

You kids are only like those who dance on worth of Coca cola bottle and can pick any flag so my advice to you be mature and look around. We are not living in perfect word.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom