What's new

Pakistan's UAV - Drone developments

53fb16e656aed04710f01f1a12f84d81.gif

Falco is being purchased because it is bigger, uses more sophisticated technology and especially has a better engine. That is why it is purchased with ToT, hence enabling us to move towards next generation of UAVs. While Falco itself is not armed, we are going to use the technology from it to arm others or maybe Falco itself in future.

Regarding pakistani made UAVs being exported, the reason is because they are cheaper. We export them even to the US that uses it for border patrol. Ofcourse they can produce it there , but its cheaper for them to import from pakistan. There are even those that just import the airframe and put their own equipment like camera and some that import the whole package. But basic reason is we produce them cheaper and the quality is comparable for the intended job.

exactly what we (Tamim and myself) were trying to point to,,
the high end technology that come along with falco, either in shape of better avionics or powerful engine will help PAFs indegenious UAV and eventually UCAV projects!!

Originally Posted by ice_man
@Arsalan & taimiimkhan

thank you both for the explanation but i got one last question...if we are procuring FALCO & making uqaab why are we selling drones to ITALY & other nations what are those drones in similar to uqaab? here is the link...thanks

DAWN.COM | Pakistan | Drones: Made in Pakistan
Pakistan is currently working on some 8 to 10 indegenious drones projects and there anr atleasst three private firms involved in this business. a key point to remember is that they are not making these birds only for military use but it is also being used in civilian roles like traffic moonitering,, the news you pointed to is aboubt such a deal. i hope you get it now!!

regards!

i thnk pakistan is making it in joint venture with china but they are not exposing it ...there are different thngs that Pakistan forces donot want to expose either beacuse of political ustability,terrorism or surprise element

my frnd told me that he know a person who is in army and he get to know throught that person that Babur 2 missile is ready but PA is not test fring it due to terrorism and political unstability

so these factors are effecting Pakistan armed forces alot directly or indirectly

We are already developing UCAVs with help from China and turkey. InshaAllah, we will see the results soon.

Boeing's Scan Eagle UAV cleared for sale to Pakistan along with the earlier offer of 12 Shadow UAVs !!!

Pakistan had requested the Australians to sell the Scan Eagle's but it required US clearences - looks like the 'pot' has been sweetened !!!

US ready to supply UAV ScanEagle to Pakistan: official

By Sajjad Malik

ISLAMABAD: The US is ready to provide the unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) ScanEagle to Pakistan to improve its reconnaissance capacity, US Under Secretary of Defence Michele Flournoy said on Tuesday.

Flournoy was talking to reporters at the end of her two-day visit to Pakistan.

The under secretary’s comments came ahead of an offer by US Defence Secretary Robert Gates, who earlier announced to provide the UAV Shadow, drawing criticism from local media who said the technology was obsolete.

Flournoy said the US wanted to build a strategic partnership with Pakistan and discussed ways to develop new relations. She said the US was offering support to Pakistan in various sectors to help it overcome its problems.

She acknowledged the existence of a trust deficit between the two countries, but hoped the two sides would succeed in bridging gaps by working closely.

“Our action will
speak louder than words
and by helping Pakistan
and its people, we will be able to overcome the anti-American sentiments here. But it will take some time,” she added.

The under secretary said the US was providing F-16 aircraft to Pakistan and had set up the Counterinsurgency Capacity Building Fund worth $1 billion for the country. She said the US had also provided over $7 billion from the Coalition Support Fund to the country since the war on terror began in 2001.

She said the release of more aid under the fund had been delayed owing to delay in issuance of visas to the US embassy staff, adding that the funds would be provided once this issue was resolved.

well the PA is very interested in it - it must be effective - remember the 'smaller' the size, the less the 'detection'

well the PA is very interested in it - it must be effective - remember the 'smaller' the size, the less the 'detection'

I remember hearing reports of Pakistan's interest in this UAV long time back and requested Australia for the required info of this UAV, i believe they even tested it also. But Boeing being a partner in this program, US approval was required as this UAV is a joint venture between two companies.

My assessment is, it would be used for battlefield assessment kind of role, just like the Luna, though its endurance is great but only the newer versions are being equipped with night observations functions, thus it may not be good for 24 hr surveillance role, rather as a battlefield surveying role by the PA.

If this Scan Eagle is better, comparing to our UAV which we are producing/manufacturing right now.
Then in which way.?
What kind of benefit we can get after receiving this.?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom