What's new

Pakistan's UAV - Drone developments

If this Scan Eagle is better, comparing to our UAV which we are producing/manufacturing right now.
Then in which way.?
What kind of benefit we can get after receiving this.?

I believe we don't have a UAV program in the category of Luna, Scan Eagle type UAVs. So that is why we are acquiring them, the tactical ones, like the Uqab, Falco have other roles, such type of vehicles can be launched very close to the battle field and recovered without need for landing strips.

And their technology is much superior compared to the ones we have for such category.

Scan Eagle cruise video it spotted "Whale" in the sea.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Sir,
Will you explain ^ briefly.
always regards.

we are not working on projects to make indegenious UAV with such high tech capabilities of reccon missions. these UAVs are meant to silently keep an eye on enemy movements over extended periods of time. what we are working on and are more intrested in are UCAVs. it is a sure thing that pakistan is working on an armed UCAV and therefore for high tech reccon missions, these scan eagles and shadow drones can be helpful!

am i right sir taimikhan??
thanks!

Sir,
Will you explain ^ briefly.
always regards.

Well see, the falco UAV is a big UAV, it needs air strip to be launched and recovered. Similarly, the Uqab UAV also needs the same procedure and they come kind of in the tactical UAV definition, both having the 200+ KM ranges or 300KM range.

The Luna UAV and the Scan Eagle both Bungee catapult launched UAVs come into the approx 100KM range, and if you see the below pics, both are man portable also, meaning can easily be carried by a single person. These UAVs can be launched within or very close to the battlefield, do their surveillance and then be back, without any problem related to airstrips. These UAVs best for the formations within the field, who need very quick surveillance capability, like in Waziristan or anywhere in FATA, where the formations in the battlefield can launch it, get the surveillance and act as per the data, for Falco & UAV they will have to wait for them to take off most probably somewhere far away, then wait for it to come above the area, and the GCS would also be far away, may be the field formations are not able to have live pictures.

So these UAVs are unique in this sense, and I have not seen any Pakistani UAV in production to have this capability, the lightness, man portability, bungee catapult launching and recovery with different systems for both UAVs, Luna and Scan Eagle.

Here is the COAS visiting the launching of Luna UAV.

Just see below the size of both these UAVs, very small.

See the size of Luna:

713c3bccbf3d28f67a92cc4625ef03c1.jpg

And Scan Eagle:

09ba6ccdd3d31d44c9c42b438b81398e.jpg

Launch and capture of Scan Eagle UAV

Last edited by a moderator:
we are not working on projects to make indegenious UAV with such high tech capabilities of reccon missions. these UAVs are meant to silently keep an eye on enemy movements over extended periods of time. what we are working on and are more intrested in are UCAVs. it is a sure thing that pakistan is working on an armed UCAV and therefore for high tech reccon missions, these scan eagles and shadow drones can be helpful!

am i right sir taimikhan??
thanks!

Kind of right, but we are working on both simple UAV and UCAVs.

Problem is, UAVs have different categories as per the performance required.

I believe my above post will clarify the roles which are assigned to different UAVs.

These UAVs, the Scan Eagle and Luna type are perfect options for brigade size or even for a unit size formations, as they can have their own independent reconnaissance capability without relying or depending on the bigger sized UAV of the Uqab or Falco nature. These Uqab & falco UAVs are good for deep reconnaissance, while the Scan Eagle and Luna are for battlefield meaning the first few kilometers inside the enemy territory or right above the battle field.

In Afghanistan, even company strength smaller detachments have their own reconnaissance capability, thus if they are under fire or need regular update of the surrounding, they can launch it, see around and recover the UAV, without asking the bigger platforms hundreds of miles away from the forward poss.

Thus these UAVs are excellent for us, they can look after militant activity, protect convoys from any expected ambushes, mortar fire, artillery fire, planning of any assault in the hilly terrain etc etc without the need for relying on the PAF Falcos or higher level PA UAVs, the brigades in the field can do whatever they want with them, whenever.

ASIA PACIFIC
Date Posted: 17-Feb-2010

Jane's Defence Weekly

Pakistan calls for UAV technology from US

Jon Grevatt Jane's Asia-Pacific Industry Reporter

Pakistan has urged the US to approve the transfer of advanced technologies related to unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), the Pakistani government has announced.

Prime Minister Syed Yusuf Raza Gilani made the plea during the visit of Senator John Kerry, chairman of the US Senate's Foreign Relations Committee, on 16 February.

A government statement said that Gilani had told Kerry in meetings that the two countries "should agree at a joint strategy, under which drone technologies would be transferred to Pakistan".

According to the statement, Gilani said that such a move would help "improve perceptions attached to the US image in [Pakistan]" and would also "create an environment for Pakistan to take the ownership of the use of the drones".

Jane's reported in December 2009 that Washington was considering a request from Islamabad to supply 12 RQ-7 Shadow UAVs in a bid to supply Pakistan with its own intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) assets.

The UAVs would be funded through the Pakistan Counterinsurgency Capability Fund (PCCF). The PCCF was established in 2009 and provides USD2.8 billion to Pakistan over five years in an effort to build a counter-insurgency capability.

Despite being in receipt of several billions of dollars in military aid since 2001, Pakistan has not usually been offered high levels of technology transfer on US procurements.

For example, Pakistan's purchase of F-16 aircraft in 2006 was delayed due to negotiations over some of the clauses that the US government put in place regarding the transfer of technology. The US Department of State added a number of conditions to the F-16 sale following the concerns of US Congress that fighter aircraft technologies might fall into the hands of other countries.

GUJRAT: Defence Minister Chaudhry Ahmed Mukhtar ruled out the possibility of stopping drone attacks, but added that Pakistan will soon begin manufacturing drone planes with the US assistance. :what:

The Defence Minister was talking to media in Gujrat on Saturday.

*********​

Few days ago, he was telling us we will be manufacturing drones with help of China? before that with help of Turkey?

GUJRAT: Defence Minister Chaudhry Ahmed Mukhtar ruled out the possibility of stopping drone attacks, but added that Pakistan will soon begin manufacturing drone planes with the US assistance. :what:

*********​

Few days ago, he was telling us we will be manufacturing drones with help of China? before that with help of Turkey?

I think he does not really know what a Drone stands for.

Pak to build drones soon with US help: Mukhtar

GUJRAT: Defence Minister Chaudhry Ahmed Mukhtar ruled out the possibility of stopping drone attacks, but added that Pakistan will soon begin manufacturing drone planes with the US assistance.

He said PML-N Chief Nawaz Sharif sometimes declares government a threat for democracy while on others calls President Zardari a danger for democratic process. “If democracy is derailed, it will only benefit non-democratic forces,” he added.

Chaudhry Ahmed Mukhtar said the Prime Minister has properly resolved the issue of judges appointment and he (PM) is boldly tackling all the challenges.

He urged that the people who do not comprehend the Constitution should abstain themselves from interpreting it.

The Defence Minister said that Pakistan is wants better relations with India.

27abca1afccd3eec73ee0796fea28372.gif

he also said few weeks back that Pakistan has the drone technology and we can made it indeginously without any foreign assistance lol i thnk he is gone nuts after the success of drones i guess he is seeing drones in everythng and evrywhere :what:

with US help..????
well i have searched for and inquired into this mattter and could not find any hint of assistance from US in this field!!
i guess it is just false statement!!

regards!

with US help..????
well i have searched for and inquired into this mattter and could not find any hint of assistance from US in this field!!
i guess it is just false statement!!

regards!

may b this statement was just to terrorise indians lol :azn:

GUJRAT: Defence Minister Chaudhry Ahmed Mukhtar ruled out the possibility of stopping drone attacks, but added that Pakistan will soon begin manufacturing drone planes with the US assistance.

He said PML-N Chief Nawaz Sharif sometimes declares government a threat for democracy while on others calls President Zardari a danger for democratic process. “If democracy is derailed, it will only benefit non-democratic forces,” he added.

Chaudhry Ahmed Mukhtar said the Prime Minister has properly resolved the issue of judges appointment and he (PM) is boldly tackling all the challenges.

He urged that the people who do not comprehend the Constitution should abstain themselves from interpreting it.

The Defence Minister said that Pakistan is wants better relations with India.

27abca1afccd3eec73ee0796fea28372.gif

Shukar Hai is ko (Ahmed Mukhtar) bhee pata laga kai ye defence Minister hai

Back
Top Bottom