What's new

Pakistan's terrible idea to develop battlefield nukes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Source ?

Source ? Export variant of P-800 Oniks listed at the Wiki page means what ? :azn:

Actually , it is just the thinking that Pakistan cant develop anything of your lot and fantasy theories from some that every missile is a copy of some other missile ... Why is the link being blocked here ?

I will again repeat , I didn't say that it India doesn't develop Brahmos however the technology is all Russian , just a ToT wont make the missile Indian , make it a JV and India owning the company , deduced from the data at hand ... Neither I made those claims :azn: ...

You said it yourself :woot: ... If it couldn't be tested at 2500 km due to the tracking problems , then I would take the Chairman word's of the same organization that developed the missile any day that the range is actually much long than what is being reported ... :azn: Why would he lie ?

Who told you , the missiles are launched from Karachi ? :azn: ... They can be launched from much close to the border hence even 2000 km is enough for 95% of your country , suddenly the South India and North East come into range right ? :lol: Use google maps , kid ... This false sense of security isn't going to help you ...

BrahMos is a joint venture. Indian systems and Russian systems.

Look at the source you posted (the wiki page).

version for India, co-developed by Russia and India, based on Oniks, produced under license by BrahMos Aerospace Private Limited in India.

Based on Oniks does not mean an export variant of Oniks.

The missiles needn't be launched from Karachi. Even if they are launched from the border, the range (which you claim is 3000km) is only barely able to cover North East India. Andaman and Nicobar is out of the reach. Result: Agni III can hit the Pakistani launch sites without fear of retaliation. Like I said, this will change when your nuclear complex develops the S-3.

The argument started with the question of whether India has the capability to produce a stealthy, nuclear-capable cruise missile. Now it doesn't matter whether they developed it, or got it under ToT (as you guys claim), but the fact remains, it has the capacity to produce one. We can make these BrahMos even if Russia declares an embargo, we can make it. We can use any ToT we gained to make our own (as we are making the Nirbhay). Keep in mind that all this is in the hypothetical scenario that the BrahMos is a 100% Russian missile. As long as you don't get me a source, I have every right to believe that a weapon made in India, by India, with Indian materials and technology is Indian.

EzioAltaïr;3397337 said:
BrahMos is a joint venture. Indian systems and Russian systems.

Look at the source you posted (the wiki page).
Based on Oniks does not mean an export variant of Oniks.

The missiles needn't be launched from Karachi. Even if they are launched from the border, the range (which you claim is 3000km) is only barely able to cover North East India. Andaman and Nicobar is out of the reach. Result: Agni III can hit the Pakistani launch sites without fear of retaliation. Like I said, this will change when your nuclear complex develops the S-3.

The argument started with the question of whether India has the capability to produce a stealthy, nuclear-capable cruise missile. Now it doesn't matter whether they developed it, or got it under ToT (as you guys claim), but the fact remains, it has the capacity to produce one. I have every right to believe that a weapon made in India, by India, with Indian materials and technology is Indian.

Sorry there isn't any Indian system , just the Russian technology ...

Yes it doesn't ... But when it says export version and its covered by MTCR limits , it casts serious doubts on your theory :azn:

Yeah they needn't be , they can be launched from anywhere in Pakistan ... At 2200 km , S-2 can hit Mizoram , I believe that its within India right ? Hence the argument that S-2 cant hit South India ( which can be hit by even launching from Karachi :lol: ) or North East falls flat ! Barely able ? No big warhead is required for the areas you mentioned , both undeveloped North East and Andaman Islands , even 15 kT will do the trick ... Without fear of retaliation ? :rofl: ... Just waiting for the right time , stay tuned ...

No , the argument started with whether it is India that designed the systems for the new missile based on Onix ( according to you ) ... I have proved beyond doubt that its all Russian tech and ToT which is being produced in India ... Yes , it doesn't matter , there are no ethics in this business ... You need to get me a source since Russians themselves say that they design the systems and everything ... No , with Russian technology , doesn't make it Indian ... At best , call it produced under license ...

Karachi is already too near the Indian border any place near the border would be subjected to detection and attack by Indian forces... the Missile infact would be launched from a lot deeper inside Pakistan as to save it from being shot down right on the TEL/Launch position/Boost phase... by Airforce/Cruise missile/bombs/rockets/artillery shelling.

So are the majority of your big cities :azn: ... Again assuming the best case scenario for your country , fan boy ? You think that the PA will be sleeping and there will be no retaliation ? :rofl: Or somehow we do not possess Aircrafts /Cruise missile/ Ballistic Missiles / SAM's /Artillery ?

Reactions: AUz
Sorry there isn't any Indian system , just the Russian technology ...

Yes it doesn't ... But when it says export version and its covered by MTCR limits , it casts serious doubts on your theory :azn:

And what is your source for that?

MTCR also covers joint ventures. :P

Yeah they needn't be , they can be launched from anywhere in Pakistan ... At 2200 km , S-2 can hit Mizoram , I believe that its within India right ? Hence the argument that S-2 cant hit South India ( which can be hit by even launching from Karachi :lol: ) or North East falls flat ! Barely able ? No big warhead is required for the areas you mentioned , both undeveloped North East and Andaman Islands , even 15 kT will do the trick ... Without fear of retaliation ? :rofl: ... Just waiting for the right time , stay tuned ...

*Sigh*

It's range is 2000km until you present me a valid source saying otherwise. I have heard about the upgraded version but nothing solid yet. Get me a source, and I'll gladly accept.

And, India is 2900km wide. From Lahore to Assam is 2000km. It's at the edge of your reach. If you get me a source about 3000km range of S-2, then I'll accept that the area is doomed.

Distance Between Cities Places On Map Distance Calculator

Karachi to Port Blair? Think again.

Distance Between Cities Places On Map Distance Calculator

No , the argument started with whether it is India that designed the systems for the new missile based on Onix ( according to you ) ... I have proved beyond doubt that its all Russian tech and ToT which is being produced in India ... Yes , it doesn't matter , there are no ethics in this business ... You need to get me a source since Russians themselves say that they design the systems and everything ... No , with Russian technology , doesn't make it Indian ... At best , call it produced under license ...

No, you have not presented any source, and hence haven't proved anything beyond doubt.

EzioAltaïr;3397386 said:
*Sigh*

It's range is 2000km until you present me a valid source saying otherwise. I have heard about the upgraded version but nothing solid yet. Get me a source, and I'll gladly accept.

And, India is 2900km wide. From Lahore to Assam is 2000km. It's at the edge of your reach. If you get me a source about 3000km range of S-2, then I'll accept that the area is doomed.

Yes it does , but when Brahmos is listed as export version of P-800 Oniks from Russian sources , What else can i say ?

Even at 2000 km , it is covering 95% parts of India , seriously what with this false sense of security ? First it was the Wheeler Island beyond Pakistani range , then suddenly South India and then North East , all of that has been debunked ... Well it is solid , if the Chairman of the same organization designing S-2 says its range is 2500 km but possibly not tested to that range because of the limitations then I would say it is credible enough for me and with reduction of warhead it can go further just like any missile perhaps even to 3500 km ( assumption but no one requires a big warhead for an Island ) ... Doomed ? Yes everyone is , if a nuclear war ever happens ... You cant possibly expect your country to survive with a tiny Island chain :)

So are the majority of your big cities :azn: ... Again assuming the best case scenario for your country , fan boy ? You think that the PA will be sleeping and there will be no retaliation ? :rofl: Or somehow we do not possess Aircrafts /Cruise missile/ Ballistic Missiles / SAM's /Artillery ?

Contrary to your claims.

Major%20Cities%20of%20India.jpg

Even most of the Military bases are far away from the Border unlike Pakistan where most of the Bases as well as the Capital city fall under direct artillery fire.

What would PA do to save the Ballistic missile TELs from direct fire ?
All that artillery fire, Cruise missiles of PAF etc.. can only counter the Indian offensive and not save the Ballistic missile TEls from getting destroyed in process once they approach near the border.. the very possible scenario would be that IAF would take them out right in the 1st wave of attack as soon as they reach near the Border areas in open... while the ones being launched in the sudden reaction would be taken out in boost phase by BMD missiles like PDV, PAD and AAD... of Which AAD can go upto 200km.. Range of PAD and PDV are not known.

Hence as said before your Army isn't as stupid as you to take their Long range ballistic missiles near the Indian Border.

Yes it does , but when Brahmos is listed as export version of P-800 Oniks from Russian sources , What else can i say ?

Where is your Russian source ?.. show it here.

How did about 1.5lakh Pakistani Soldiers, and Administrative officers get to Bangladesh without Docking facilities ?... along with all that fighter Planes, Tanks and artillery ?... Flying carpet ?

Planes, Cargo Ships? Even today, military equipment is transported through cargo carriers/super carriers and not through war ships/submarines that require special docking/repair facilities. The case was specially true in the '50's and '60's and specifically factual for Submarines.

Did you know that one of the grievousness of Bengali population, amongst many others that eventually led them to the freedom struggle, was inadequate defence for them during the 1965 war? I guess Bangladesh just wasn't considered important enough, which was quite unfair.

Apologized for what.. pushing Pakistan into war against Taliban. ?

You know what you were talking about and you know what I was talking about.

You mean to say it has been put on use without proper testing ?
I gave the example of the Silkworm missile which Pakistan uses... was unable to sink a 1000ton Israeli ship... and the amusing fact that the ship sailed back to service soon enough.

I did not say that Barak system would be in place without testing, infact I appreciated the fact that Israel was a part of development which makes the system quite formidable. However, I also said that no system was 100% fool proof and any system of the world can be overwhelmed.

The silkworm missile that you are referring to was 1970's technology which was able to defeat Israeli defences and hit the ship. 1 Missile was unable to sink the ship but was able to cause great damaged to it. Any country with access to such technology would have fired 2-3 missiles atleast which in turn would have sunk the ship. And we are 5 decades ahead of that technology now.

Finally, both China and Pakistan are engaged in possible BM's for sea based slow moving targets such as Aircraft Carriers. China specially has developed the DF-21D Aircraft Killer BM. All I mean is, as offence evolves, so will defence.

To Hit the ship you need to pass through its defenses.... your ships would have to face the Brahmos missiles which are known to sink Ships without using warheads.
Neither the PN or PAF have enough capability for a saturation attack from air... incidently the Indian navy had such capability from long time... which is also being enhanced to higher levels.

The problem with Brahmos is its limited range, while it may still be tracked and shot down by CIWS mounted on almost all battle ships. Just because it is fast it does not mean that it is unbeatable. Otherwise the US would have invested in such missiles too unlike her investment in the slower, more stealth Tomahawk CM. Furthermore, while Brahmos equipped ships have to come within 290 km's of their intended targets, Babur/Ra'ad can target these ships at twice the distance.

The damage of Radiation is never small when the photos of Burnt down bodies of children with blisters and other radiation related disease start coming up... the rest of the Public of Pakistan would also be enraged... the effect remains for 100+ years when kids would be born with Physical and mental deficiencies... and would never forget what their own saviors did to them... Pathetic.

Already the Tribals in NWFP and Baluchistan are tired of the small co-lateral killings and damages done by Military to them... the Nuke is only going to increase it to much-much higher level... in simple words it would act as the catalyst to already down faith of Public in their govt. If not finish whatever hope is stopping them from toppling the administration right away.

Should I show you the Population density map of Pakistan ?.. what are you supposed to do once both Lahore and the Thar region... nuke Thar and leave Lahore ?

Even while at LOC small mortar artillery shelling kill as many as half a dozen.. people.. and you talk of Battle field nukes.

Front lines would be evacuated as the first step to war along with advance of defence force. BF Tactical Nukes small enough, especially those that are designed to produce a very low/acceptable level of radiation would still be used in the severest conditions which have never been faced this side of the border before. So it will be a weapon of choice when all else fails, as I am sure India would not hesitate in using Nuclear Weapons if their military is run over by PakMil and their territorial integrity is challenged.

And when you speak of Tribals that are under pressure by the military, you speak of nationalists who want to break away from Pakistan. You speak of 5%, 3 tribes out of 72 tribes! You have more such movements but have imposed a media blackout unlike here in Pakistan. These problems are a part of our system which is still not streamlined. It's nothing that we cannot handle.

You have not moved any where.
The Chinese submarine technology is anywhere but less that what Russian had during 70s.
The Submarine was allowed to get close enough... in that case with US navy exercise.
Prepared for what... Brahmos ?

You may believe what you want, facts state otherwise. The Chinese submarine technology has progressed to a state where they no longer rely on Russian submarines. It's not only their submarine technology but also their stealth fighter technology which is considered superior to the Russian designed PAK-FA and FGFA. Chinese advancements today are considerably quicker then Russians so in the near future, anything that you get your hands on, we will get better of.

Yeah you surrendered to Bangladesh infact... those hardly armed peasant Bengali soldiers armed with spades and sticks got your 90 000 troops surrendered... isn't it ?

Infact they lost the war.
They should have gone ahead and dealt with it once for all... and we won't be discussing about Pakistan.

You forgot to answer my question, what do you have to show for '71? Bangladesh has everything that was lost by Pakistan, what did you gain? And if that was indeed correct, why could you not cross even an inch of LoC or Border in '99 and again in '02? I will wait for an honest answer.

US crossed into into Iraq 12 years after they won the war against them along with allies.... in mean time they made it weak... and put it always under pressure through frequent military built ups.

They have been doing same with Iran since a long time.. did the same with Libya... thaty doesn't mean they don't have courage.

Indian Military and too have been very successful in this regard as far as the current situation in Pakistan shows.

LOL.......comparing US tactics to Indian cowardice? In '99 India was at WAR with Pakistan! Yet even then you could not dare cross an inch or attack positions this side of the border. Hell you could not even reclaim all the peaks at Kargil despite sending in 6-8 times more soldiers and 10 squadrons of IAF!

You don't understand cold start.. cold start is specifically for mechanized strike divisions... they won't take more than 3 days to reach Pakistan from their bases any where in India... besides Jaisalmer would soon have a strike division.

And those military build ups.. did have a significant role in reducing Terrorist activities in India..

We have heard talks of your mechanized divisions reaching Pakistan in 48 hours a lot of times before too. What happened when it mattered the most is evident to all. Musharraf, in his goodwill to India, imposed ban on support to Kashmiri freedom fighters ever since he came in to power (1999). It's a bad reflex addiction of Indians to blame Pakistan for all internal problems!

Barak 1 can engage them with ease... even Akash SAM can engage them as effectively.

I would replace the word you used 'can' with 'may' and I would agree then. However, how many surface vessels does IN possess? And how many of these missiles does PN possess? The ratio has to be in excess of 1:10 right? Which means that the ships will not be targeted with single units but rather they would be engaged with a barrage of missiles. Missiles, mind you, that have state of the art counter measures to evade systems such as Barak. Only a real engagement would tell you the real story as otherwise everything is hearsay.

PNS Ghazi lies at the bottom of the sea... some parts in the museum I guess... yes IN showed its capabilities.
Today it is more advanced and has a Growing submarine fleet.. which includes SSN aswell as SSBN.
The AC carrier was out of the port and in the sea near... Andamand while your PNS ghazi perished looking for it near the port... thats was the difference between IN and PN... two steps ahead even in thinking.

You started with '65 and we all know how PNS Ghazi single handedly kept the whole IN at bay! Even in '71, she could have served her purpose had she not been in the accident. In which dreams could IN do anything to PNS Ghazi?

That's what you learned from '65, similarly we learned from '71 and are prepared accordingly.

The western writer is a just a bloody idiot.

innovating tactical nukes is a brilliant idea.

THe western author is just jealous that the rest of the world has caught up now and swallow it. :)

The western writer is a just a bloody idiot.

innovating tactical nukes is a brilliant idea.

THe western author is just jealous that the rest of the world has caught up now and swallow it. :)

Other countries have fielded BF tactical Nukes for a while now and the US, Russia, China still have them. Britain most likely has given up on the idea of BF Nukes as they consider the option to have potentially out of control repercussions.

So Pakistani BF Nukes are not in secure hands...

what about:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A shocking security breach at what was supposed to be one of the most secure facilities in the United States has put new attention on a proposal to overhaul the way the government oversees its nuclear laboratories and weapons plants.
The Republican-controlled House of Representatives approved a plan to give more flexibility to the contractor-run facilities that make up the U.S. nuclear weapons complex, part of its annual defense policy bill passed in May.
The governance reforms were geared to address a long legacy of cost overruns and overly bureaucratic management highlighted in several bipartisan reports on the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA), which is part of the Energy Department.
But some critics say the proposals need a second look in the wake of a July break-in at the Y-12 facility in Oak Ridge, Tennessee, a contractor-run facility built after the September 11, 2001 al Qaeda attacks on New York and Washington, once touted as "the Fort Knox of uranium" because of its security features.
Three aging anti-nuclear activists, including an 82-year-old nun, cut through fences surrounding a facility where highly enriched uranium, a key component of nuclear bombs, is stored. They vandalized its exterior, going unstopped until they walked up to a security guard's car and surrendered.
"It seems to me this is a great case study of the fact that what you want is more government oversight," said Peter Stockton, an investigator with the Project on Government Oversight who has extensively studied nuclear security issues.
The incident and the broader issue of government oversight will be in focus on Capitol Hill this week when top Energy Department and NNSA officials testify at the House Energy and Commerce Committee on Wednesday and the House Armed Services Committee on Thursday.
The changes proposed in the defense policy bill would give the NNSA more independence from the Energy Department, cut staff at the NNSA, give more authority to contractors, and change the way the NNSA reviews contractors' work to "performance-based standards" rather than "detailed, transaction-based oversight."
The White House said in May that it "strongly objects" to the changes in the House version of the bill, which it said would weaken oversight of contractors and lower safety standards for the nuclear weapons complex.
The Senate Armed Services Committee did not include similar reforms in its version of the bill. The Senate has not taken up the legislation, which is not expected to move through Congress until after the November 6 presidential election.
LEGACY OF POOR MANAGEMENT
The Energy Department's Inspector General found multiple failures of sophisticated security systems and "troubling displays of ineptitude" in a review of what happened at Y-12.
The government budgeted about $150 million for security at the facility, which is run by Babcock & Wilcox Co with security provided by contractor WSI Oak Ridge, owned by international security firm G4S.
The investigation into the Y-12 incident found that security officers failed to follow protocol, and also noted that a security camera that would have shown the break-in had been broken for about six months, part of a backlog of repairs needed for security systems at the facility.
The NNSA and its contractors removed some staff and supervisors and the government told Babcock & Wilcox last month that its contract could be terminated.
The NNSA, created in 2000 after a national laboratory employee was accused of stealing nuclear secrets for China, has had a long struggle with containing costs.
The Government Accountability Office last year said the Energy Department's "record of inadequate management and oversight of contractors has left the department vulnerable to fraud, waste, abuse, and mismanagement."
About 40 percent or $11 billion of the department's total budget goes to the NNSA, which oversees a network of eight government-owned laboratories and facilities run by contractors.
A bipartisan task force in 2009 recommended a governance overhaul to fix problems created by an "excessively bureaucratic" culture.
The laboratories have chafed under what they call redundant and "overly prescriptive" government rules that they say waste scarce resources.
In April, the directors of the three weapons labs issued a series of recommendations to overhaul governance, giving the labs more flexibility and cutting back on NNSA oversight.
"Many reports by independent committees have found the micromanagement of the NNSA labs is debilitating and costly, and other reports have called for increased oversight," the directors said in their recommendations.
"While these findings appear to be in opposition, one conclusion is clear - the governance of the NNSA labs is broken and must be changed," they said.
(Editing by Warren Strobel and Eric Walsh)
By Roberta Rampton | Reuters – 3 hrs ago Yahoo.com

At: http://www.defence.pk/forums/americ...ear-stockpile-security-focus.html#post3398314

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom